New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    CAR DILEMMA. HELP!

Ok, first of all, I'm in a daze trying to figure out which car to buy. since my kuya is also trying to talk my mom into getting him a new car, My budget is only 250-300k, so its a no-brainer that i could only get a pre-owned car.. (to give way for my beloved kuya, hmp) Wish it was THAT easy, i'm having difficulty narrowing down my choices (what more deciding which one)... i'm a newbie, and altho it has been almost 3 years since i first drove a car, it will be my very first time to OWN one. nakikigamit lng kc lagi ako sa mom or kuya ko. hehe.

ive been following this site recently and ive noticed you guys accomodate almost any question a member here asks so think u cud be of great help!

here are my choices:

1. Lancer Gsr - personally, i'd like to have the 99-2000 model.. then again i have limited budget so thats not possible. i guess i'd have to settle for 97-98ish. Gsr is okay, i figured that its very "gwapo" - especially when its ultra dressed up. The drawback IMO is the mileage all ads here got, it ticks me off to see a car for sale with more than 70k mileage? hehe.

2. 1997 Accord Vti - i like the accord since its simple yet classy. Not too mention the big space u have. moreover, the ride is heavenly comfy! (and it suits my budget... i saw some ads which are 250-290..

3. Opel Tigra 99-2000 - I like the design. But im not really sure about the handling and maintenance issues. As ive followed the site recently, ang dami kong nabasang negative stuff about opel in general? naturn off tuloy ako.. pero design-wise, i love it.

4. Lancer Gls / Hona City - 2000 models. simple lang and atleast its relatively "new" as compared to most of my choices?

5. Nissan Exalta - This just became another option. Nakita ko kasi sa buyadnsell na most exaltas 2000 models are selling for 280-310ish. i was never a fan of nissan since we had a bad experience of our vanette (r.i.p), but after seeing the interior of the exalta, ang gandaaaa!!! sleek and sophisticated. im a big fan of leather (lols) and wood panel kc.. the interior compensates for the lack of its exterior design... and yea, atleast 2000 model dba?

in order for the kind ones to suggest/share their thoughts in a more "precise(?)" way, i figured i shud tell u guys some stuff about me.

I'm 19, single, studies at CSB. Multimedia and Fashion design student. usually values form over function. lol.
    comfortability and convenience = top priority .
    power / performance = close second. lols
    5'7, fair complexion, med built. hehehe prang friendster? lol.

so ayun, thanks for tsaking time to read my uber LONG and complicated dilemma.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1997 Accord Vti
    - you might have problems with fuel consumption and the price of certain replacement parts but otherwise its a nice buy.

Opel Tigra 99-2000
    - I would strongly suggest to stay away from this car since you WILL have maintenance problems quickly since parts will be hard to find and probably expensive as well.

Lancer Gsr 99-2000 model
    Lancer Gls / Honda City 2000 model
    Nissan Exalta 2000 model

- any of the above listed cars are fine although you might want to reconsider the Honda City for a better car. The Exalta, athough looking a bit tacky with the wood inserts, is one of the better value cars in the market, especially if you can get one with the sunroof. It might not be one of the fastest but it will get you there with some class and luxury.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 30th, 2006 at 12:45 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    thanks for your reply ghosthunter! :P

i dont need a fast car nman, (with B16 engine and stuff), as long as it runs and responds quickly, ok na sakn yun. what i want is comfort on the inside, since i'd be spending more "intimate" (lol) moments inside my car.. (and do i mean with my CAR) hindi nman ako nakaupo sa bubong habang nagmamaneho. lolololol.. thats why i like the 97 accord or the '00 exalta STA kasi spacious and "luxurious" ang feel sa loob.. (considering na executive car nmn tlga ang accord, dba?)

i like the gsr nman kc sporty.. pero kasi luma na e. hehehe. LOLOLOL.

so i guess its a toss up between 1997 Accord Vti or 2000 Nissan Exalta STA?

HELP! From features, comfort, performance, engine and all that jazz? I'm relatively a newbie about car enthusiasm, so, pour me some!

ty!!! :D

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    one more thing, what's with tsikoters and the "sunrooff"?? haha i noticed all u guys relate urselves and the thing with such delight?

i dont get it.. it's just glass w/c happens to open up? LOL..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Let's see. Vinj recently got himself a '97 Toyota Corona Exsior A/T for Php180k. Executive looks, executive sedan, adequate 2.0 engine (as long as consumption is not an issue with you). With lots of spare change (from the Php300k budget) for any repairs which might be needed.

Personally, your problem is a no-brainer. I'd get another Vitara. This time A/T naman. hehehe. Php250k lang yung '97 A/T ng brother ni iceman. Use the search function to look up previous threads on the vehicles you are considering.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ^was this a mispost? LOL.

bat nagkacorona at vitara? LOLOL

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's just thinking out of the box.

Among your choices, I'd take the Exalta. Though medyo mahal pa ang makikinis na units. Accord prices have taken a nosedive after gas prices rose.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Honda Accord. Pogi

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    lols * pogi

anu ba fuel consumption ng exalta at ng 2.0 vti accord?

altho mas gs2 ko interior ng exalta e. ganda. LOL.

pero accord is accord... at honda xia.. 1997 nga lng.. urgh, lost!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    and btw, anu ba meaning ng "makinis"? yun ba yung makintab pa yung paint? and one more thing, if ive already purchased one, pwede ko bang magawan ng paraan yung ilaw nya sa harap at likod? i noticed na pag may edad na yung car eh "blackish" na yung mga ilaw nya?.. gs2 ko pa nman looks new.. anu kelangan gawin?

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
Tulooonng!!!