New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kahit naman Ferrari may tumitingin as 'basura'. Don't be too influenced by the perception of others. Ikaw naman ang gagamit ng sasakyan. Ako from Mercedes to Kia then to Mitsubishi ang daily driver ko. Minsan kasi wala sa brand iyan, nasa nagdadala.

Basta maayos yung sasakyan mismo, and may adequate after sales support, ok na yun.

Re: Europe, most people see cars their as 'disposable' because after a certain age, nagiging annual na ang inspection ng sasakyan (not just emissions - buong sasakyan). Failure means hindi mo siya pwede iregister until you are compliant and you can fail by simply having a small crack on the windshield or a rust spot on a fender. That's why most people just junk the cars ang buy new ones.

If local vehicles were subjected to the same inspection European vehicles have to go through baka wala nang matirang kotse sa daan. Same case with Japan, kaya kahit in decent condition pa naman ang sasakyan, ineexport na lang nila as surplus.
    Last edited by OTEP; October 6th, 2006 at 08:21 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i love the "Minsan kasi wala sa brand iyan, nasa nagdadala" comment. totoo nga. you can drive a picanto and still look like a million bucks. ang cute cute nga ng picanto e. pavorit ko yung rear nya, the oversized tail lights tas color apple greenor yung prang yellow na d maintindihan kung yellow ba.. yey! hahaha :-)

"The Spark, based on the Daewoo Matiz, is another Guigiaro-designed minicar meant for city driving. GM claims that its 1.0-liter SOHC engine capable of 66 ps/5,400 rpm averages 18-20 km per liter and that it can rev up to 140 kph. However, I failed to verify these claims as the Spark's tiny size (1.5 meters tall, 3.5 meters long and 1.5 meters wide) made me nervous about trying it out on the Skyway.

The 1.2-liter Chevrolet Aveo hatchback. Photos by Aida Sevilla Mendoza
    Surprisingly enough, however, the Spark has an excellent suspension (McPherson struts fore, multilink aft) system. This was proven when it was whipped around corners at adequately high speed inside a traffic-free subdivision in Alabang. Unlike the 1.2 Aveo, the Spark has front power windows, side protector molding and color-keyed side mirrors and door handles. A tuner/cassette player with only one hollow-sounding speaker is located at the center of the dash." -Aida Mendoza, inq7.net

GRABE, de ikot lang pla ang windows ng aveo? naturn off ako. hahaha. sabi nung author natatakot daw xia gamitin yung 1.0 spark?

otep nakakatakot ba tlga gamitin yung ganung kaliit na car? d b sya pwedeng pang edsa/coastal road/macapagal ave?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any small car naman parang 'nakakatakot' i-drive lalo na't puro mga high at sabog na bus/truck drivers ang kasabay mo.

Pero ok lang naman, basta defensive driving lang. Yung Picanto ginagamit ko naman sa C3 (truck route) and ok naman siya. Hindi lang ako nakasama nung nag-Tagaytay sila with it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hahaha * sabog bus/jeep drivers

oo nga minsan gigitgitin ka pa tlga nila sa gilid pra lang masakay ang nag iisang pasahero. pft.

ang luffeeeet nman nito! magkanu kaya magpaganito dito sa pinas??

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Aveo isn't looked upon very kindly in the US or European markets. Only time will tell if it can keep up with the Japanese. The Spark is actually a decent car for a Daewoo, because it's cheap and simple. It's got a good following in Europe, I think.

The Optra? It's about two generations behind in terms of engine and chassis technology, although I'm told that the sound insulation and ride are pretty good. Value for money, yes, but the horror stories about first-generation Optra fuel consumption has sent their resale value to the basement.

Daewoo was a horrible company, and GM has had some teething problems with the cars, but reliability and quality are starting to improve. I still wouldn't recommend the Chevys, as you're paying too much money for something that's only as good as or almost as good as Hyundai and Kia... but the extended warranties and service make up for some of their other sins.

RE: Hyundai-Kia interiors. Oh, they look good, but once you touch the plastic, you'll realize that the Korean twins are still way behind the Japanese when it comes to material tactility. It's sort of like wearing a fake "Polo" polo. It may look the same, but it definitely feels cheaper against your skin.

Since most people don't take the time rub their hands against the dashboard, rap on it with a knuckle, or run their nails along the grain, I don't think it's a big problem

Car knowledge? Us guys? We're car addicts. There are basketball addicts who could tell you Jordan's jock size and his steal-per-game percentage. Us? Puro kotse lang...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hmmm... ho hum. i was talking to a friend kanina about cars.. and we browsed the interiors of spark, getz and picanto...

hyundai getz

kia picanto

chevy spark

is it just me or spark ang may pinakamaganda talagang design?

ganyan ba tlga interior ng picanto?.... :|

what u "addicts" think?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup, ganyan ang Picanto. The Getz? Been a while, but that looks right, the Hyundai Accent has a better interior, and the Kia Rio has a much better interior than any of the above (still has crappy plastics, though).

Yung Spark, ya, that's possibly the same as the local one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by charriolkid View Post
    cute... pero magkanu yung mejo mahal? yung samin kc indash rin kaso vcd player lng.. d p kc uo dvd nun LOL
    Sorry sa late reply. Di ako sure sa exact price but I believe this baby is around priced approx. Php60k-Php70k. (mahal, no? pero gusto ko pa din! *sigh*)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    THIS THREAD IS BACK!!!! ahahahahaha

ok, so for some reason my mom has decided to get a brand new car for my brother.. she's always wanted kc a mazda 3 even before we talked her into buying a tribute instead some months ago..

since my mom is a so-called "prefered" client, mazda GH is giving my mom a 60k discount(dunno if thats high enough) on all car models and some freebies..

mom's choices are the entry level mazda 3 sedan or the high end one.. the price difference of the two is about 100k.. including na the 60k discount...

is getting the enty level 3 really more practical or dumb? kc from what i hear wala atang safety features ang entry level mazda 3?

natakot kami last night since sa coastal, meron kaming nawitness na umikot na honda civic 97 model.. ang bilis bilis nya kasi and the road is wet. tas paliko pa yung daan di nya cguro nakita umikot xia mga 4 times.. then after shock xia so nagkaron ng traffic since d xia makagalaw...

anyway, so about the mazda 3? anu magandang color? ayaw namin ng grey/silver since xia ang color ng bayan..

we want the white one sana kaso ayaw ng mom ko ng white kc true ba na pag white eh masmanipis ang coating?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Red na lang.

Tulooonng!!!