New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Altis Hybrid ang boto ko.
    Mas okay ang less fuel burned. Lalo kung daily driver.
    (Unless malaki din pala ang carbon footprint ng battery production)

Kawawa na ang mga anak at pamangkin natin sa Earth na ipapamana natin sa kanila.

PH, rest of the world, feeling deadly heat not expected until end of century | Inquirer News

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If fuel efficiency is a big concern for a daily driver, then go with a smaller car with a smaller engine. A City or Vios is half the price of a Camry but with an interior space nearly like a new Altis plus it can go where any Altis or Camry can go.

If you’re spending nearly 2M for a car, why be concerned about fuel efficiency? You might as well splurge a bit and enjoy the better and more comfortable ride of a Camry over an Altis. I would have understood if it was an all-electric car like a Tesla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    at any rate,
    i made some very rough personal computations, using my personal mileages.
    hybrid versus regular 1.6 engine.
    fuel expense-wise,
    the hybrid will save me 27,000 pesos a year.
    in 5 years, it will have saved me 135,000 pesos.
    in 10 years, 270,000 pesos.
    kulang pa sa initial price difference between the hybrid and the regular 1.6 .
    but the thought that i am driving a hybrid... priceless?
    I saw a similar post earlier on a different thread... share ko sana dito kaso nag post ka na pala

For my personal use naman... mababawi ko yung price diff in 10 years (TOTL Corolla non-hybrid vs Prius) - problem ko lang:
    1. can Toyota Philippines really dispose the old battery properly? Baka mamaya sa landfill lang din mauwi
    2. How to explain kay misis na gagamitin yung car ng ganun katagal

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I saw a similar post earlier on a different thread... share ko sana dito kaso nag post ka na pala

For my personal use naman... mababawi ko yung price diff in 10 years (TOTL Corolla non-hybrid vs Prius) - problem ko lang:
    1. can Toyota Philippines really dispose the old battery properly? Baka mamaya sa landfill lang din mauwi
    2. How to explain kay misis na gagamitin yung car ng ganun katagal
    1. some tree-huggers argue that manufacturing some nature-friendly goods (hybrid cars?) may be producing a considerably larger carbon footprint, compared to that of manufacturing the more traditional equivalent product (fossil fuel car).
    we can only assume that toyota will dispose of the nickel battery "with conscience".

2. we can pramis to misis with our hand over Bible or other sacred object, that we will prefer using the hybrid car until misis commands us to "replace that rattletrap already!". or when a better nature-friendly vehicle comes along. heh heh.

owning and using a car that's been with me for more than 10 years, is common practice with us.
    so yes, i can easily promise that.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 11th, 2020 at 11:52 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I would understand if we get tax breaks for using hybrids but in our country, it’s like a fairy tale thinking a small number of not so affordable hybrid cars will make a difference. Knowing that most of available public transport uses old technology diesel engines and most of those who can afford personal vehicles will opt for a diesel as it is cheaper than gasoline, these seriously impacts more the amount of air pollution.

A hybrid car is more like a novelty of sorts locally or maybe even an exclusivity. However, a car is part of the image for most Pinoys. A big car or an SUV gets more nod than a compact car whatever engine it has as most have no clue about engines whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if our government would give tax breaks to "motor vehicles that effectively produce less pollutiion"...
    if government were to tax more heavily, pollution-producers (i.e., diesels)...

if they priced the altis hybrid the same as that of the traditional equivalent, i'd order one tomorrow.
    "EP 7 or 8, please".

heh heh.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Normally nga ang fuel saver na daily driver ay Vios or City.

Though malabo maabot nila ang fuel figures mentioned dito sa low speed city driving:

(Search car guide dot ph Altis Hybrid review)
    Fuel Economy (Ave. Speed)
    21.73 km/L (14 km/h)
    20.833 km/L (20 km/h)

Sa alam ko may tax discount ngayon sa hybrid cars. Ang price difference na mentioned mula sa 1.6V ay dahil sa hybrid at added safety, hindi sure sa interior kung may nabago.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345