New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Haller... toyota yan.. king of high resale value... di ba madalas na tanong dito sa forum yan.? Di pa nakakabile iniisip na resale value...
    tongue-in-cheek or not...
    totoo yan! daw...
    heh heh.

i suggested to these bargain hunters, to consider the sentra.
    they reasoned, "mababa re-sale value ng sentra."
    i countered, "why are you complaining about the sentra's low resale value, when it is for this very reason that you are able to purchase it at a cheaper price in the first place?"

OT.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    tongue-in-cheek or not...
    totoo yan! daw...
    heh heh.

i suggested to these bargain hunters, to consider the sentra.
    they reasoned, "mababa re-sale value ng sentra."
    i countered, "why are you complaining about the sentra's low resale value, when it is for this very reason that you are able to purchase it at a cheaper price in the first place?"

OT.
    Hindi pa nakakabili, benta na agad iniisip :D utak bayan seller

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Chief View Post
    Considering both. What is your opinion and why? Given the Covid situation, mas maganda ba mag Hybrid in the long run?
    the altis hybrid infomercials do paint an attractive picture, lower fuel expense and others.

i have kakilala, who literally rose from the ranks.
    he has an older camry, acquired from new. he has other cars in the stable.
    he uses the camry the least, because of its fuel appetite.

while camry owners shouldn't have fuel expense in mind... it's difficult to go against upbringing.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Wigo->Vios->Corolla->Camry

if you can afford it, better for for the better car.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^just to add...

TOTL Corolla (Hybrid) is almost 1.6M
    Entry level Camry is almost 1.9M

at that price range, "long run" for the car is 5 years... candidate to be replaced before it reaches 10 years old.

Both car's resale value will not be as good due limited buyers in the 2nd hand market

If both are new... just imagine how good you'd feel if you meet your friends for coffee, tapos Camry gamit mo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I say Altis. Kinda promising in terms of the features (not the creature comfort features, ha).

If I want something pogi, definitely Camry.

If I want a daily driver na medyo pogi naman at high tech, a conversation starter, Altis.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If getting the Altis, just get the 1.6L NA model. However, it looks very pedestrian for me. For the same amount of money, a Civic 1.8L has more to offer.

Get the Camry if you really like it. You don’t want to experience buyer’s remorse when you buy the Altis but keep telling yourself that Camry is so nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    perhaps TS is having a problem deciding between
    the comfort and arrive of the camry,
    and the novelty of the altis hybrid.
    hard to decide...
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Another thing to consider is that registration cost for the new Altis and Camry is the same. The newer generations of the Altis are already classified as medium by LTO and thus they belong to the same class as the Camry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post
    Hindi pa nakakabili, benta na agad iniisip :D utak bayan seller
    Cars are expenses, not investments. I look at total ownership cost as one factor (though not the only factor).

In 2016, a Civic 1.8 cost 1.1M while a Mazda 3 2.0R cost 1.3M.

If I bought a Mazda 3 and sold it today at its current resale value of 650k, then my net cash out would have been 650k.

If I bought a Civic for 1.1M and sold it today at its current resale of 800k, then my total cash out is just 300k.

So the total price differenc between a Civic and a Mazda 3 isn't just 200k as the sticker price difference indicates, but rather 350k which is what the total net price (sticker - resale).

That does not mean I shouldn't buy the Mazda 3, just that I should make the purchase eyes wide open that not only is it more expensive to buy at the start, but it will also sell for much less a few years down the road.

That disadvantage can be offset if you value things like the bigger engine, better handling, etc etc more than the 350k price diff.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast