New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Considering both. What is your opinion and why? Given the Covid situation, mas maganda ba mag Hybrid in the long run?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Chief View Post
    Considering both. What is your opinion and why? Given the Covid situation, mas maganda ba mag Hybrid in the long run?
    i personally do not see how i will prefer the one car over the other car, because of covid.
    heh heh.

to me, the more easily grasped difference, is that the camry is the bigger car.
    malaki ang espasyo ng loob ng camry. the humans will probably feel more comfortable.
    the altis has smaller but generally adequate inside space.

also, i imagine, less tagtag ang camry, compared to altis.

the other significant difference, is probably the fuel expense.
    i imagine, altis hybrid will consume less liters than camry.

what about the hybrid's batteries?
    i remember reading, toyota warranties them for... 10 years nga ba?

if i were to choose, i'd choose the altis hybrid.
    because of the promise of less fuel expenses, and because the camry is simply too big for my garage and neighborhood.

maintenance?
    i do not know what additional maintenance the hybrid will demand.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 7th, 2020 at 11:53 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Camry is similar in length and width to a typical midsize SUV, and even some commuter vans. With this kind of real estate, I expect a certain level of practicality offered only by at least 3 rows of seats.

But then again, your intended purpose for the car is also important. If it is to be a weekend/occasions car then by all means go for it. Gas is cheap nowadays! Toyota Alis Hybrid or Camry 2.5G

If it is going to be a daily driver, then I'd go for the Altis. At this point, it is no longer compact anymore as its designation suggests. Fuel consumption is also as good as some motorcycles, doubly so if you carpool. However, it is the first hybrid to sell in significant volume in the country. Call me paranoid, but I am definitely selling it before the 10 year service life Toyota claims its battery has, at least until sufficient assurance can be given by mechanics that it will be cost effective to service or replace in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Altis hybrid is a bit pricey for the price it commands at 1.6M. I don’t think the difference in price against the non-hybrid model will bring that much savings in gas expense. If getting an Altis, the 1.6V model is a safe option.

Since you are already considering the Camry, it’s the better car over the Altis. At 200k more over the Altis hybrid, you get a bigger,more comfortable, and faster car. People entertaining the thought of buying a midsize car have the means to spend for its gas and maintenance expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Covid wont last long in my opinion... pharmas will have vax in 12-24months(at the most). I would get the corolla non hybrid. It would probably be troublefree for over 10yrs. After which it will still sell for over 400k...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Really! A 10 yo Corolla selling for more than 400k? Are you expecting hyper inflation?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Really! A 10 yo Corolla selling for more than 400k? Are you expecting hyper inflation?
    Used 2010 Corollas are being sold for around 350k nowadays and considering their price before, a 2020 Corolla might be around that price or higher (diue to its higher SRP) 10 years from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Haller... toyota yan.. king of high resale value... di ba madalas na tanong dito sa forum yan.? Di pa nakakabile iniisip na resale value...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If you can afford, get the Toyota Camry ...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Haller... toyota yan.. king of high resale value... di ba madalas na tanong dito sa forum yan.? Di pa nakakabile iniisip na resale value...
    Hindi ba honda ang King? HAHAHA

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast