New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Honda HRV (1.2M) and BRV (980k). [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hindi po ba mpv yun brv kasi 7 seater na mahaba-haba? Ground clearance din po ay pretty low?

Hrv naman po sa 1.2m thats 200k more hehe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobilamoka View Post
    Avanza g a/t is 930k din kasi. The E model naman walang ABS po
    The only reason naman kasi i chose/considering asx is

Price, after discount its only a little over 1m.
    For a subcompact suv, mura na siya, with abs
    Hindi mahaba so I dont think first time driver like me ay mahihirapan
    And looks, medyo suv-ish na talaga tignan

Other models like the tucson kasi mahal na and mataas daw maintenance
    ASX I think is CVT. To me CVT is not yet ready to compete with the conventional Automatic Transmission. Rear wheel drive is still the best.... performance and maintenance wise. Nagsisi narin ako kung bakit ako bumili ng front wheel drive na kotse buti nalang isa lang ang FWD ko at lahat ay rear wheel drive and 4x4 na.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    210mm or was it 201mm ground clearance. I think thats better than the innova.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Diadvantages of Front Wheel Drive-

The center of gravity of the vehicle is typically farther forward than a comparable rear-wheel drive layout. In front wheel drive cars, the front axle typically supports around 2/3rd of the weight of the car (quite far off the "ideal" 50/50 weight distribution). This is a contributing factor in the tendency of front wheel drive cars to understeer.
    Torque steer can be a problem on front wheel drive cars with higher torque engines ( > 210 N·m ) and transverse layout. This is the name given to the tendency for some front wheel drive cars to pull to the left or right under hard acceleration. It is a result of the offset between the point about which the wheel steers (which falls at a point which is aligned with the points at which the wheel is connected to the steering mechanisms) and the centroid of its contact patch. The tractive force acts through the centroid of the contact patch, and the offset of the steering point means that a turning moment about the axis of steering is generated. In an ideal situation, the left and right wheels would generate equal and opposite moments, cancelling each other out, however in reality this is less likely to happen. Torque steer is often incorrectly attributed to differing rates of twist along the lengths of unequal front drive shafts. However, Center-point steering geometry can be incorporated in the design to avoid torque steer. This is how the powerful Citroen SM front-wheel drive car avoided the problem.
    Lack of weight shifting will limit the acceleration of a front wheel drive vehicle. In a rear wheel drive car the weight shifts back during acceleration giving more traction to the driving wheels. This is the main reason why nearly all racing cars are rear wheel drive. However, since front wheel cars have the weight of the engine over the driving wheels the problem only applies in extreme conditions.
    In some towing situations front wheel drive cars can be at a traction disadvantage since there will be less weight on the driving wheels. Because of this, the weight that the vehicle is rated to safely tow is likely to be less than that of a rear wheel drive or four wheel drive vehicle of the same size and power.
    Due to geometry and packaging constraints, the CV joints (constant-velocity joints) attached to the wheel hub have a tendency to wear out much earlier than their rear wheel drive counterparts. The significantly shorter drive axles on a front wheel drive car causes the joint to flex through a much wider degree of motion, compounded by additional stress and angles of steering, while the CV joints of a rear wheel drive car regularly see angles and wear of less than half that of front wheel drive vehicles.
    The driveshafts may limit the amount by which the front wheels can turn, thus it may increase the turning circle of a front wheel drive car compared to a rear wheel drive one with the same wheelbase.
    In low traction conditions (ie: ice or gravel) the front (Drive) Wheels lose traction first making steering ineffective.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eryxon View Post
    ASX I think is CVT. To me CVT is not yet ready to compete with the conventional Automatic Transmission. Rear wheel drive is still the best.... performance and maintenance wise. Nagsisi narin ako kung bakit ako bumili ng front wheel drive na kotse buti nalang isa lang ang FWD ko at lahat ay rear wheel drive and 4x4 na.
    Aside from the ASX, an increasing number of cars today come with CVTs:

- Lancer
    - Mirage
    - Altis
    - Vios
    - Yaris
    - Civic
    - City
    - HRV
    - BRV
    - Mobilio
    - Sylphy
    - X-Trail
    - Forester
    - XV
    - Impreza

None of these cars have known CVT issues. The CVT on the ASX has been around since 2008 (first used on the Lancer), and improved in 2014 coinciding with the ASX's facelift. Again, no issues.

Also, stop with the misinformation regarding RWD vs FWD. A rear-wheel drive Avanza is no match to an ASX when it comes to performance. Maintenance of a FWD is no different from an RWD - Regular PMS, change of fluids, occasional replacement of suspension bits and other things that give out due to wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    How about Suzuki's SX4? We have a neighbor who's on the morbidly obese side and his sx4 seems to be holding up quite well. Space is apparently not an issue.

Tapatalked

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I'd onlu be concerned with my car being RWD or FWD if it was in my virtual garage in Forza or Gran Turismo XD

^ I was checking the SX4 some months back then but it isn't listed in Carguide ph's list anymore. Got good recommendation on it from my father's friend.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    How about Suzuki's SX4? We have a neighbor who's on the morbidly obese side and his sx4 seems to be holding up quite well. Space is apparently not an issue.

Tapatalked
    Phase out na po ata, and a little to girly for my taste hehe (and di namn po ako morbidly obese, mataba lang hahaha)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Phase out na po ata, and a little to girly for my taste hehe (and di namn po ako morbidly obese, mataba lang hahaha)

how tall are you?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Daming naka sedan that can reach even Sagada. Wag muna pilitin mag compact SUV. Go for Altis G. Pag aralan mo then after 5 years shoot for an SUV sigurado brusko ka na sa kalye[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast