New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    So I have a 4 month old daughter so I need to get a vehicle pang service namin. My wife is from batanggas so byabyahe kame dun at least once a month. Here are criterias:

Ps. I am a total car newb. Dont even know how to drive properly yet.

1. Mataas, at least hugher than sedans. May isang part kasi papunta sa bahay sa batanggas na rough road and malubak konti.

2. Matic. Evetually tuturuan si wife nag drive

3. Bank financing so price to not exceed 1.1m

4. Good fuel consumption?

Current choice is the asx kasi may 100k discount daw.
    Any inputs po would be appreciated

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Ecosport is the cheapest car that fits your needs. I'm just not a fan of its transmission which is jerky in traffic and has questionable long-term durability.

The Juke is another cheap option to consider, though it's also cramped inside like the Ecosport.

The upcoming Honda BRV seems to fit your needs quite well and is only 980k.

Personally I'd go with the ASX but it's quite thirsty at the pump. I was only able to get 6.5 km/L in city driving and 12 km/L in highway driving. I don't mind though because it's much more powerful than the Juke/Ecosport/BRV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Ecosport is the cheapest car that fits your needs. I'm just not a fan of its transmission which is jerky in traffic and has questionable long-term durability.

The Juke is another cheap option to consider, though it's also cramped inside like the Ecosport.

The upcoming Honda BRV seems to fit your needs quite well and is only 980k.

Personally I'd go with the ASX but it's quite thirsty at the pump. I was only able to get 6.5 km/L in city driving and 12 km/L in highway driving. I don't mind though because it's much more powerful than the Juke/Ecosport/BRV.

To be honest, si asx di ko pa nakikita sa loob, haha

Eco sport though, napasok ko na and nasisikipan ako (im bigger than your average pinoy, and on the heavy side)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Diesel or Gas?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    innova kana lang bro pang matagalan..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Diesel or Gas?
    Nakakahiya man but I really dont know the difference nun 2 except for mas mura ang diesel hehehe

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Is your budget strictly limited to 1.1M? The Innova 2.8E is 1.2M but is a bigger, more efficient car compared to all others in its price range. It has a diesel engine that's powerful but also thrifty.

Most gas-fed cars cost more to run because of the higher fuel cost of gasoline vs diesel.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Is your budget strictly limited to 1.1M? The Innova 2.8E is 1.2M but is a bigger, more efficient car compared to all others in its price range. It has a diesel engine that's powerful but also thrifty.

Most gas-fed cars cost more to run because of the higher fuel cost of gasoline vs diesel.

1.222 I think, not sure kung may discount pa. Considering this too, but kung ito, kelangan pa mag ipon pandagdag ng down. I dont want/cant afford to pay more than 16k monthly

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Toyota Avanza 1.6 A/T less than 1M small so easy to drive for newbies. Matipid sa gas at very reliable. Rear wheel drive kaya mas malakas sa akyatan. Mataas din kaya pwede sa lubak at subok ko na kahit gravel and muddy road. Madaling i-park sa mga mall kasi nga maliit sya at maliit lang ang turning radius.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobilamoka View Post
    1.222 I think, not sure kung may discount pa. Considering this too, but kung ito, kelangan pa mag ipon pandagdag ng down. I dont want/cant afford to pay more than 16k monthly
    It's worth it to save up more for the Innova since it's a more practical car. Downpayment of 480k (40%) so that you can keep your monthly payments under 16k/month.

On the other hand, the Ecosport Trend is only 885k and already has all the basic things a first-time car buyer needs, except generous space. However, since you only have one daughter, it shouldn't be much of an issue. You can get one for roughly 180k DP and 15k/month amortization.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast