New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Pajero is WAY better on road than the Super Safari without being as flaccid as a soft-roader (Escape, CR-V, etc.) during off road jaunts.

The M-ASTC traction control system of the Pajero also makes it more idiot proof to drive off road than the Super Safari which has no electronic aids. But if you know how to use the Patrol, it will more than likely go further off the beaten path than the Pajero.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    * Patrol Super Safai versus the current Pajero, the Pajero will still be much more refined and quicker on-road; heck you can also throw in the Prado if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Vinj, im pretty sure you have first hand experience in using a land cruiser as a battering ram. Im only a witness to the shoddy repair done afterwards. Hehe.

But yes, a trooper is also a rocket vs the patrol.
    Land Cruiser as a battering ram? Sino naman gagawa nyan? Any relation to the guy who used a brand spanking, fresh out of the CASA new Urvan Estate to stop a bus? Looks like the LC will be taking a trip to 122 LC House soon or kay Dr. G; it needs further corrective work to the shoddy job Toyota did.

Yeah, and if there's one thing that can probably self-destruct faster than the first gen Patrol GU, the Trooper 4JX1 is a likely candidate.
    Last edited by vinj; April 17th, 2012 at 10:26 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Haha. Yep. Take it to Doc G and ill look over the work from time to time. Im still dreaming of a 200 or at least a late model 70 series. Di naman bawal mangarap. Hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Haha. Yep. Take it to Doc G and ill look over the work from time to time. Im still dreaming of a 200 or at least a late model 70 series. Di naman bawal mangarap. Hehe
    I-upgrade na si 100 to a 200 para magamit mo from time to time. Mahal din ng brand new na 70 series.

I'll let you know when we bring the 80 to the shop.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I'll only comment on the engine and performance: In terms of power, the Zd30Ti is a decent unit, albeit noisy. On par with the Mitsubishi's 4m41 3.2L engine, if not, a bit noisier. Power is respectable, but the Patrol's weight is the problem. If you have 6 passengers and some other stuff inside, like groceries for example, you will feel the extra weight, even along flat roads when accelerating. Low to middle rpm performance on 1st and 2nd gear is also sluggish, and you should always keep it above 1800 rpm or performance suffers, if you are running up a flyover along edsa for example, with 3rd, 4th or 5th gear and below 1800 rpm, you'll be force to downshift. But from 3rd gear at speeds of over 60 km/h and over 2000 rpm, It responds pretty well. I manage to reach 165 km/h on the highway, though some owners reach 170 km/h. I find performance to be the best if you keep engine speeds between 2000-4000 rpm. Fuel economy is quite good for such a heavy vehicle, comparable to my 3.0 Fortuner and 3.2 Montero. I drove my M/T Patrol for 8 years before selling it. This engine was upgraded to 160hp and 380NM of torque, up from 155hp and 354NM, but you only get 380Nm on the Manual version, which I think is no longer available. By today's standard, you may not be satisfied with this engine anymore.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i go for lc200, i have one, sobra sulit talaga. you have the power and a comfort of a small suv. i used to have a pajero gen 3 after 4 years injection pump problem cost me 220k to change no calibration option here in the phil. sold it right away till now no more mitsubishi brand for me. im also thinking of getting a patrol super safari. vinj gives a lot of valuable input on the patrol.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    LC200 nalang.Mas okay yan kaysa sa Patrol Super Safari.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wrek View Post
    i have read about the lc200 dubai issue thing but most likely im on road so i might dont get that kind of problems. anyway maybe my choices isnt that right how about the latest pajero vs super safari? reliability,comfort and performance? and if ever you already have a montero will you still choose the pajero over the super safari?
    If I have a montero, I'll still get bthe Pajero over the Super Safari. But I'll most probably buy the Tucson CRDi instead or the SF Sport 5 seater.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
nissan super safari vs toyota lc200