New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Swift is very underrated in our country.
    Kia soul din.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cpsolt View Post
    uhmmm... suzuki kizashi and the sx4. i don't see much on the road.
    I'm starting to see more SX4 Crossover hatchbacks lately.

Quote Originally Posted by gerald_g
    What do you think are the most overlooked and underrated cars in their respective classes?
    To sum it up, there are many nice cars out there (particularly from the B and C-segments) from Kia, Ford, Mazda and Chevy that have been overlooked because the general public who are not car enthusiasts (not up-to-date about the other brands) have set Toyota as their default brand of choice without looking at the other brands.
    These guys are missing out on a lot of nice cars, of course it also doesn't help that a lot of motoring articles don't focus on the rising stars.

If you plan to buy a new car, don't limit your choices to just the current best selling model in the market.
    Last edited by AG4; September 17th, 2013 at 07:06 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Er... how bout Lexus?
    Sorry. I apparently don't have the right to talk about the Lexus because I'm a spoiled rich teenager who lives with his parents, and brags about being rich (by claiming I drive a Crosswind)... and I don't own a BMW M-car. Not an M-sport ha. That doesn't count. M owners only. (puts on ignore list)

The LS is, I think, very under-appreciated and under-rated. Simply because it's just too good. People like flaws. Not big flaws. Just little ones... quirks. It's what gives cars "character."

Volvo is also woefully underappreciated. They make very good cars, but people simply don't see them as premium or luxurious enough. I've always loved the T6 motor... it even makes a barge like the old S80 fun... and in the new S60, it's epic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Volvo is also woefully underappreciated. They make very good cars, but people simply don't see them as premium or luxurious enough. I've always loved the T6 motor... it even makes a barge like the old S80 fun... and in the new S60, it's epic.
    That reminds me, the 2.0 liter C30 and S40 use the same 2.0 Duratec as the previous Focus 2.0 Ghia and Sport.... I wonder if they can buy engine parts/ oil filters etc from MazFord or other Banawe shops that sell Ford parts?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    That reminds me, the 2.0 liter C30 and S40 use the same 2.0 Duratec as the previous Focus 2.0 Ghia and Sport.... I wonder if they can buy engine parts/ oil filters etc from MazFord or other Banawe shops that sell Ford parts?
    Actually... should be possible. Heck... suspension parts might swap over. The previous 3 and Focus could share suspension parts with a little clearancing here and there.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    *whispers in your ear*

Hyundai Sonata.. Hyundai Sonata.. Hyundai Sonata..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kia Optima

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I'm starting to see more SX4 Crossover hatchbacks lately.

To sum it up, there are many nice cars out there (particularly from the B and C-segments) from Kia, Ford, Mazda and Chevy that have been overlooked because the general public who are not car enthusiasts (not up-to-date about the other brands) have set Toyota as their default brand of choice without looking at the other brands.
    These guys are missing out on a lot of nice cars, of course it also doesn't help that a lot of motoring articles don't focus on the rising stars.

If you plan to buy a new car, don't limit your choices to just the current best selling model in the market.
    ito din ang napansin ko sa mga pinoy, pag nagtanong ka kung ano magandang oto, mataas ang porsyento na toyota ang sasabihin. kesyo madali daw maghanap ng parts pag nasira...duh? bagong kotse at kakabili lang e sira kaagad ang nasa isip?

well dito sa saudi ganyan din, bago ako bumili ng first car ko dito e nagtanong muna ako sa mga kabayan na matagal na dito. the same answer...good ol' toyota. pero in the end, ibang brand pa din ang binili ko...kasi naman kahit saan ka magpunta dito e pag nakakita ka ng toyota (yaris, corolla, at fortuner) sigurado pinoy ang sakay.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Mitsubishi Lancer.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xagent_orangex View Post
    ito din ang napansin ko sa mga pinoy, pag nagtanong ka kung ano magandang oto, mataas ang porsyento na toyota ang sasabihin. kesyo madali daw maghanap ng parts pag nasira...duh? bagong kotse at kakabili lang e sira kaagad ang nasa isip?
    True and those people (most of the younger generation) who are not interested in cars will most likely stick to the brand they were familiar with when they grew up.
    Last edited by AG4; September 18th, 2013 at 07:15 AM.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast