New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    What do you think are the most overlooked and underrated cars in their respective classes?

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    uhmmm... suzuki kizashi and the sx4. i don't see much on the road.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gerald_g View Post
    What do you think are the most overlooked and underrated cars in their respective classes?
    i10 - seriously under-appreciated. Good space. Good refinement. Good handling. Good transmission. Great price.
    Mazda2 - More fun than a barrel of monkeys.
    Swift MT - More fun than 1.2 barrels of monkeys.
    Corolla - Look, since everything else is getting boring and safe and soft in the class, the Corolla isn't the dull choice anymore. And whatever people say about the "old" engines, they're still fantastic on economy and durability.
    Teana - This is what the Camry should be. Like a Laz-E-Boy on wheels.
    D-Max - Better than you think.
    Everest - Great torquey motor, good off-road credentials. One of the last "true" SUVs.
    CR-V - Still the biggest crossover around. Great motors. And the ride is FINALLY comfortable.
    CX9 - Make that TWO barrels of monkeys. Monkeys high on chocolate.
    Last edited by niky; September 17th, 2013 at 04:02 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Agree with the teana, looking at pre owned ones baka may tsamba since Nissan has low resale value...alas wala masyado nagbebenta, o wala masyado bumili..

Even the Galant 240M kung may 2010-2011 na sub 660k, pwede na basta low mileage o di binaha ok na rin for me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gerald_g View Post
    Nissan Altima
    Nissan Teana
    Honda Accord

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    i10 - seriously under-appreciated. Good space. Good refinement. Good handling. Good transmission. Great price.
    Mazda2 - More fun than a barrel of monkeys.
    Swift MT - More fun than 1.2 barrels of monkeys.
    Corolla - Look, since everything else is getting boring and safe and soft in the class, the Corolla isn't the dull choice anymore. And whatever people say about the "old" engines, they're still fantastic on economy and durability.
    Teana - This is what the Camry should be. Like a Laz-E-Boy on wheels.
    Everest - Great torquey motor, good off-road credentials. One of the last "true" SUVs.
    CR-V - Still the biggest crossover around. Great motors. And the ride is FINALLY comfortable.
    CX9 - Make that TWO barrels of monkeys. Monkeys high on chocolate.
    *niky, just to clarify, what do you mean with CR-V being the biggest crossover around? I thought there are bigger ones classified also as crossovers. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    *niky, just to clarify, what do you mean with CR-V being the biggest crossover around? I thought there are bigger ones classified also as crossovers. Thanks.
    Actually... after writing that, I realized I should have written "5-seat crossover"...

Then after realizing that, I realized I should have written "5-seat Japanese crossover", because the base Sorento comes with five seats.

Either way... the CR-V is big, comfortable and even decently economical, yet gets overlooked for flashier, newer crossovers.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    But not as good as what Isuzu fanboys think?

Er... how bout Lexus?

I agree on the Teana indeed! Too bad it never reclaimed what the 1997 to 2001 Cefiro garnered in its segment. Too late the hero as usual.

As for the current gen Corolla, it's a far cry from the previous model in terms of size, comfort and engine refinement but i won't say it's underrated as the sales seem brisk.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    But not as good as what Isuzu fanboys think?
    Har har! ;)

I agree on the Teana indeed! Too bad it never reclaimed what the 1997 to 2001 Cefiro garnered in its segment. Too late the hero as usual.
    Yeah, I agree with the Teana. Came in too late. Had it made it into the market as a new model when it was actually new, it would've given Toyota Phils some problems. The 1997-2001 Cefiro was indeed a best seller in its day. The Camry offering then just couldn't cut it vs the Cefiro, T-badge not withstanding.

As for the current gen Corolla, it's a far cry from the previous model in terms of size, comfort and engine refinement but i won't say it's underrated as the sales seem brisk.
    'Toyota' does still hold value.

The Mazda 2 is indeed interesting. Wish the boot was a wee bit bigger for it to compete with the Fiesta.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cpsolt View Post
    uhmmm... suzuki kizashi and the sx4. i don't see much on the road.
    another one would be the alto k10. very agile and economical.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast