New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    X5M

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Basta BMW "m" and not "m sport"... Overrated.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by x_outpost View Post
    Not a fan of S2K. I was itching to get one back in 2005 so I test drove it twice. Too underpowered. All those RPMs are just a waste - it feels like the engine is going to explode at 9K rpm with all the vibrations coming from it.

Another overrated cars - 350z and Infiniti G35 coupe, both of which I previously owned. The engine and tranny is too rough, it feels like I'm driving a truck. I also got tired of the exhaust noise after a while, it sounds nice but they are both relatively slow (for their rated 300hp). I also hate their gearing, I have to go to 3rd gear to hit 60mph.
    350z and Infiniti G35 coupe??? Rich kid! Newly joined... hmmmmm.... alt-nick???

BTT: mini cooper

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

working class pinoy sa states

can buy any car... auto loans

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    (off-topic) Friend from another site just did an article for yahoo autos. Did you know that car loan terms are at ten years, now? With interest rates below inflation. Because there are so many new retirees that banks feel more confident giving long-term low-yield loans, since pension funds are immutable.

But that seems like another huge subprime bubble waiting to pop.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    How frugal is it in plain 'ol bumper to bumper city driving, where it's target purpose is?
    The Mirage in regular city driving gets around 12 km/l. But traffic sucks big time now. If you're crawling along, it's possible to get 7.5 - 8 km/l. Then again, it's also possible to get 6 km/l out of the Vios (or less). Very hard to make comparisons with the chaotic nature of traffic nowadays... that's why it's best to drive out on weekends to test fuel economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyds View Post
    So does the BRZ/86 have better responsiveness and communication than the STI as compared and mentioned earlier? I was wondering baka "love your own" lang eh.
    The STI is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Incredible grip, brakes and cornering speeds. And beyond that, it's something of a hooligan. Kick the clutch in, drop the hammer then drop the clutch and it'll be slithering sideways in an instant. If you're willing to shred the clutch (and perhaps a drive-axle or two... ) with a catastrophic high-rpm launch, it'll have you laughing like a madman at the dragstrip. (Yeah, there are cars that accelerate faster, but that AWD launch is brutal)

But the steering isn't anywhere near as tactile as the MX5 or 86, and the turbocharged engine doesn't quite have the direct throttle response of the naturally aspirated motors (though to be fair, most of these electric throttle cars feel slightly artificial compared to the old cable-throttle cars). An STI, it's like a sledgehammer, you swing it around a corner, you know you're going to hit your target. Every single time. The BRZ/86 is more like a sword. Takes more finesse and balance to do it.

Different strokes for different folks. Adrenaline junkies will get more of a kick out of the STI, but the "purists" who wear gloves and thin-soled driving shoes will definitely prefer the 86/BRZ.

Me? Give me a MINI and I'm happy. Hell... give me a Mazda2 and I'm happy. I'm not that picky.
    Last edited by niky; September 19th, 2013 at 01:09 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Fortuner - eto lagi binibida ng kapitbahay nami dati nung nkabili sila ng brand new. Nung bumilibkami ng GS dapat daw Fortuner na lang
    Vios - yes maganda eto pero grabe maka overrate ibang owners nito akala mo lilipad na daw sa bilis
    Tucson
    Monetero Sport - isa din to pogi ka daw pag eto ride mo
    Mirage
    Crosswind - di bale mausok, matibay naman
    Mitsubishi L300 - matibay daw the best in its class

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 4

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by x_outpost View Post
    Not a fan of S2K. I was itching to get one back in 2005 so I test drove it twice. Too underpowered. All those RPMs are just a waste - it feels like the engine is going to explode at 9K rpm with all the vibrations coming from it.

Another overrated cars - 350z and Infiniti G35 coupe, both of which I previously owned. The engine and tranny is too rough, it feels like I'm driving a truck. I also got tired of the exhaust noise after a while, it sounds nice but they are both relatively slow (for their rated 300hp). I also hate their gearing, I have to go to 3rd gear to hit 60mph.
    So what gearing do you prefer? Shorter or longer ones?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Fortuner - eto lagi binibida ng kapitbahay nami dati nung nkabili sila ng brand new. Nung bumilibkami ng GS dapat daw Fortuner na lang

mebbe neighbor is still not sure he made the right decision buying it, so he's trying to convince himself (thru you) that he did.. heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    mebbe neighbor is still not sure he made the right decision buying it, so he's trying to convince himself (thru you) that he did.. heh heh.
    Hehe ngayong parang nagsisisi sa pagkabili niya nun. Way back 2007 bumili siya ng 2.7 vvt-i na fort. Na inlove naman ako dum since Revo.pa ride namin. At ang bilis ng fortuner na un. Ang bilis sa gas

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Wow, SG. You got both cars?
    Yes pards. And a Santa Fe

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast