New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Pagani Huayra? I drove it, di nya kaya ang off-road, tapos sinubok ko din sa baha, di rin kaya, lumubog, di na umandar. Kaya bumili ako ulit to test naman kung kaya nya sa moon, di rin, nawalan ng oxygen.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd say the Strada is overrated, despite having one ourselves. Sure it has it's merits and many of which cannot be found anywhere else, but the cons are pretty hard to ignore, especially in the long run. Sure it's got VGT along with the big red badges to prove it, and there's no denying the excellent midrange kick, but the sluggish response below 2000rpm is such an insult to the VGT name. I understand that this car isn't built primarily with speed in mind, but given 178hp (and much of which are apparently very much available in the wheels, according to Speedlab) I was expecting it to still have quite a bit to give upon reaching 180km/h, especially since the Navara and Grand Starex have been known to exceed 200. Interior is hard and plasticky, some switches feel cheap, cupholders are a tad small, there's a noticeable lack of grab handles (quite necessary for some given it's high ride height), handbrake seems to be on the wrong side of the tunnel, I can hear a slight creaking from the backseat, steering is quite heavy and the wheel-mounted audio controls (with their own AAA batteries) are hard to reach and takes a lot of familiarization to use especially while driving.
    Last edited by GTi; September 18th, 2013 at 08:39 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Wow, SG. You got both cars?
    Yep, he has both...

--

BTT:

Mirage for me.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyds View Post
    Sir can you elaborate the "fun to drive" of 86/BRZ? Why is it fun to drive?
    To sum it up in one word -- Handling.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    98' CR-V.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rukawa11 View Post
    Mitsubishi Mirage .... 21k per liter wew di nga?
    At 100 km/h. Yes. At 80, around 24-26 km/l. At 70, probably 30 km/l is possible.

Not the best driving car in the class, but very well engineered for economy. The amazing thing is that a car that lightly built can achieve five stars on the stringent NCAP test.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyds View Post
    Sir can you elaborate the "fun to drive" of 86/BRZ? Why is it fun to drive?
    It's all about responsiveness and communication. The 86 is not impressive on-paper, but you don't drive on paper.

It's one of those cars that's both under-rated and over-rated. The guys who carp about it being slow are missing the point. But the guys who treat it like the Second Coming of Christ are being kind of unfair to that other affordable lightweight rear-wheel drive sportscar (with perfect 50:50 balance), the MX-5.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    86,overrated un price, overrated performance, overrated pagpila sa dealer nun, pati looks nya overrated...i agree with sir Niky, MX5 nalang, saka pala S2000 :D IMHO

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    At 100 km/h. Yes. At 80, around 24-26 km/l. At 70, probably 30 km/l is possible.

Not the best driving car in the class, but very well engineered for economy. The amazing thing is that a car that lightly built can achieve five stars on the stringent NCAP test.

It's all about responsiveness and communication. The 86 is not impressive on-paper, but you don't drive on paper.

It's one of those cars that's both under-rated and over-rated. The guys who carp about it being slow are missing the point. But the guys who treat it like the Second Coming of Christ are being kind of unfair to that other affordable lightweight rear-wheel drive sportscar (with perfect 50:50 balance), the MX-5.
    So does the BRZ/86 have better responsiveness and communication than the STI as compared and mentioned earlier? I was wondering baka "love your own" lang eh.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

How frugal is it in plain 'ol bumper to bumper city driving, where it's target purpose is?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponkan View Post
    86,overrated un price, overrated performance, overrated pagpila sa dealer nun, pati looks nya overrated...i agree with sir Niky, MX5 nalang, saka pala S2000 :D IMHO
    Not a fan of S2K. I was itching to get one back in 2005 so I test drove it twice. Too underpowered. All those RPMs are just a waste - it feels like the engine is going to explode at 9K rpm with all the vibrations coming from it.

Another overrated cars - 350z and Infiniti G35 coupe, both of which I previously owned. The engine and tranny is too rough, it feels like I'm driving a truck. I also got tired of the exhaust noise after a while, it sounds nice but they are both relatively slow (for their rated 300hp). I also hate their gearing, I have to go to 3rd gear to hit 60mph.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast