New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I'd let go of my car if it got into a major accident that affected the chassis or moving parts. No matter how good the repairs are, may tama pa rin yung kotse.

Yes its more expensive, but there is peace of mind. That's priceless.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

My take is, if you have the means,- maintain your old vehicle and then buy a new one. Pang-coding (Isang pangragasa, isang panlakad).....

Just make sure you have the garage space for your vehicles,- hindi nakaparada sa kalye....

12.3K:outcold:

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I let go of my lancer glxi a/t 1996, need ko na kasi ang bigger ride but isa lang pwede sa garahe. I bought it second hand, fixed, repainted and properly maintained ko. Kung malaki lang garahe ko, I would not sell it, loved this car.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you're young and without any loans or debts, and already have the money. You can apply for a loan so that payments can be paid in smaller amounts and can buy that hassle free, more fuel efficient or bigger car that's more dependable that you've always dreamt of.

But if you have obligations such as tuition or debts. Better stay away from buying a new car if you really can't afford one.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Funny how people factor in "new car smell" in leaning towards a new car. Kung kaya lang kunin ng mga Glade o AmbiPur yan ede ang dami na bibili niyan

Personally, it's time to buy a new one if the car spends more time on repairs than with the owner *cough* Expedition post-Ondoy *cough* or really needs a major overhaul to keep it running (I still remember that BMW that costs more to repair than buying a similar second-hand model).

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    If you're young and without any loans or debts, and already have the money. You can apply for a loan so that payments can be paid in smaller amounts and can buy that hassle free, more fuel efficient or bigger car that's more dependable that you've always dreamt of.

But if you have obligations such as tuition or debts. Better stay away from buying a new car if you really can't afford one.
    Big factor talaga ang budget. i have a friend who bought a brand new 2009 or 2010 mitsu lancer ex through bank financing (installment) he is an OFW. whereas, just a few months before he purchased it, i purchased a 2nd hand mitsu galant for cash and at a cheap price but needs a lot of repairs.

he left his car here in the Phils. to be used by his father. Eh kaso bihira namang gamitin ni father. Lately, this month, when i saw his father, i asked him if that was their car that i saw a few days ago before we met, then, his father told me that it was repossessed na daw ng bank, tsk tsk, sayang lang ang DP and more than a year na installment.

Samantalang yong car ko, nagagamit ko pa naman and yong ibang parts for repairs, makakapaghintay. And wala akong iniisip na monthly payments.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    My take is, if you have the means,- maintain your old vehicle and then buy a new one. Pang-coding (Isang pangragasa, isang panlakad).....

Just make sure you have the garage space for your vehicles,- hindi nakaparada sa kalye....

12.3K:outcold:
    yong old car ang gagamitin pag inoman lang naman ang pupuntahan,

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    what's the best option for you guys?
    Haven't read the thread but if you just use the car as an appliance (you don't like cars) better just buy a new one every 5 years or so and save yourself the time and headache for repairs and whatnot.

Why I drive a 1995 model vehicle? Because I like cars and working on them.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Haven't read the thread but if you just use the car as an appliance (you don't like cars) better just buy a new one every 5 years or so and save yourself the time and headache for repairs and whatnot.

Why I drive a 1995 model vehicle? Because I like cars and working on them.
    i love my car and i don't wanna let it go, 'coz i'm sure, i'm going to miss it!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    bros., until now, yong car ko pa rin ang gamit ko, and i have not yet cause it to be repainted, pero pinahilamosan ko lang ng konti yong back part. lately, napapaisip na naman ako. kasi nga, magastos talaga ang maintenance ng galant compared to compact and/or econo cars. so, naiisipan ko na naman na, gagastosan ko pa ba sya para pagandahin at i-restore sa almost brand new condition, and i will spend about 100-200k, well worth pa kayang gumastos ako ng ganito to preserve her? or palaspagin ko na lang sya at next year or after 2 years, bibili na lang ako ng 2nd hand pa rin pero newer na compact/small cars like vios, city, etc. kasi practical at pang-city driving. kaya lang when i sit at the vios driver's seat, naku, masikip para sa akin, i stand 5'10" kasi at nasanay na ako sa spacious car. and i'm a family man w/ 2 kids, malapit ng mag-3 kasi preggy si mrs. so, i guess, i will still keep my galant as long as parts are available.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Keep your old car vs. buying a new car?