New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nothing beats that "new car" smell when you get into your new car....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Much as i love my 96 Mazda Familia, i traded it for a brand new Accent. Zero problems at least for now, twice as much kilometers per liter, twice as much speed per second. New car smell, warranty and twice as much peace of mind (for unexpected breakage, tirik, etc). Lesser handling though...

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    its case-to-case basis. if my old car only gives me headaches like giving me no assurance that it will not breaking down in the middle of nowhere well i'd get a new car at least you will have peace of mind driving it.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    double post.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    The same feeling as with the other poster above.

Kapag ang sasakyan ay hindi na reliable, walang peace of mind na hindi titirik kapag driven ng mga anak ko for sure papalitan ko ng brand new. The problem is that my son/daughter doesn't know anything about car trouble shooting other than changing tires. Pero kung ako lang ang gagamit ok lang kahit luma na but working.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Depende sa car and depende sayo.

Kung marunong ka sa kotse o mahilig ka mag DIY and madami ka oras you are not a busy person ok lang maintain old car, if not brand new

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    keep my old one if i am the first owner, and if it has no problem, buy new one if it gives me a headache

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    Posting Articles (e.g. copy and paste material)

For posting an article in the forums, always include:
    • Title
    • Author (if available)
    • Date and Time (e.g. news articles)
    • and most importantly: the SOURCE (web address)
    Quote the entire article by using the Quote command:

Usage:
    Example Usage:
    Example Output: Click for vBCode command list

Posts/Threads created not in compliance with this will be DELETED, with or without notification and will be issued an infraction.

Again, please take time to read the Tsikot Rules and Regulations.

Questions? Clarifications? Violent Reactions? Please direct your queries here:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43559
    [SIZE=6]sorry po about my violation. i just want to share that article sana & see ur comments about it[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    No matter how you calculate it, an old car that is well maintained (i.e.: Not abused till it breaks) will always make more sense than a new car of comparable fuel economy.

You can expect to spend about 50-60k pesos in repairs a year for moderately heavy use. That's two or three sensors... or a transmission overhaul... or a new suspension and brakes.

You would still spend at least 150-180k pesos every year in car payments for the new car. And with the same usage, you would still have to change the oil just as often (more expensive, because you need to do it at the dealership), you will still have to change brake pads and tires just as often, and you will still end up buying new suspension bits just as often after the first two or three years.

If the new car is much more fuel efficient, has cheaper spare parts and has longer change intervals, it's worth upgrading despite the spendings. If it isn't, you're just spending the extra money for the convenience of not being stranded or carless for two or three days every time your old car has something break.
    thanks! i agree with you! this is for economical reasons. and i love my first car. gusto ko nga syang i-preserve/i-vintage e.

for those who are saying "nothing beats the feeling of a new car smell" - i have not experienced that yet - darating din tayo dyan someday. hehe!

uunahin ko na muna ang house and lot, then, i will keep and maintain my car & buy a brand new or kahit 2nd hand pa rin na suv, hehe!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    what's the best option for you guys?
    if your car is 1st owned, why not?

usually gagastusan ko ang tsikot ko kung ako naman una mayari

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Keep your old car vs. buying a new car?