New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    diba the fortuner 3.0 4wd has no 2H option? it has a full time 4wd set-up? 4H-4HL-4LL.
    Correct. Full time 4WD.

Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    D-max naman share it with the chevy colorado and the upcoming H3.
    I think they already share components now. The Chevy Colorado looks like a rebadged D-max with unique body clips to differentiate it. Even the interior looks so Isuzu. The H3 is totally different but if you look at its dash and steering wheel, it would remind you of the D-Max.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The H3 is based off the Colorado and Dmax. I forgot the platform code but it's the same as the Colorado (which is the same as the Dmax). Some of the manufacturing 'hard points' weren't changed (engine mounting location, dash location, etc.).

AFAIK, only the dash skin is different, the components underneath the dash are identical with the pick ups (hence the use of the pushbutton 4wd system).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    WOW!

parang H3 na rin pala Dmax ko.. hehe. Hindi ko na pala kelangan ma-obsess sa HUMMER. hikhik

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even the instrument cluster is only cosmetically different. They used the same panel and just put different trimmings on it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    djerms, my vote goes to the dmax.. not because i hav one.. but tested na kc yun dmax ng uncle ko na gingaamit nya sa farm, and get this, 4x2 lang dmax nya and kulang pa sa maintenance ang dmax niya... as in talagang rough ang gamit niya sa dmax... minsan nga nakataas na yun front dahil sa sobrang load sa likod but hindi naman bumigay ang suspension... and stilll kaya raw patakbohin ng malakas ang dmax.... and yun farm niya is about kilometers away from the barangay road... as in,nasa sulok tlaga ang farm niya... it really is a battered car....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *ARB: Sorry! Medyo nakakalito yung lever ng Fortuner, walang written instructions.

My mistake, it was in 4H, unlocked differential.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Kung pag piliin ako sa dalawa. Sa Hilux ako, lakas talaga, my bed din naman ang pick up na pwede lagyan nang gamit, mataas pa ang HiLux.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LLer,
    Boss, please refer to subject title. HP rating is now equal at 160hp. Pero I must agree, parang mababa nga ang stance ng Dmax compared to the Hi-lux. Pero ever since naman maganda ang stance ng 4x4 pickups ng toyota at Strada compared to the rest. I like the ride of the Dmax compared to the Hi-lux tho.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    some were saying that bouncy daw ang Dmax

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe I think kanya kanyang bias lang din yan. Of course love your own.

We also have a Hilux and comparing it with the Dmax's ride, mas matagtag ang Hi-lux. Pero hindi naman nagkakalayo...hey both are pick-ups btw.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Hi-lux vs. Dmax:  Let's level the playing field