New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    D-MAX!!!! hehe, djerms, just wondering, san ba makabili ng superchip para sa dmax?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Your boss has a tough decision to make. Both trucks have nearly equal strengths and weaknesses. Both will definitely serve your boss' purpose for farm or hi-way use and i think the fuel consumption is not an issue for him since he dosent even care about warranties.

I guess if he needs more space then get the hi-lux, inside out talagang mas malaki than the Dmax. Mas maganda ang form nito and neat ergos. For me ( and its not because I have a Dmax) I'd go for the soul of the truck; the engine. Isuzu starts up everytime, anytime. One touch 4x4 transition and definitely better power to weight ratio.

my 2 cents...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dlim,
    Not sure kung saan ang pinagtanungan ng boss ko but I think Autoxer of Tsikot and Kotse.com installs one. Try to PM him in case.

Memphis,
    Thanks for the input. Bias din ako sa Dmax syempre pero you just cant stop loving the Hilux. hehe. Pero mas gusto ko talaga yung last batch ng Hiluxes na solid front axles.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    HILUX - porma looks only
    DMAX - rugged look, pang-farm talaga

mahirap gamitin ang HILUX kapag umaatras ka, maliit lang kasi ang makikita mo sa likod dahil sa rear window. baka kapag umaatras ang BOSS mo, mahulog pa siya sa pitak. hehe

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup, pati sa Fortuner, halos wala kang rear-view.

Pero rugged naman talaga ang bagong Fortuner/Hilux platform. Maraming owners nga ang nag-o-off-road na.

RE: Consumption...

My consumption on the 4x4 Fortuner was as follows:

Highway: 10-12 km/l (12 only if you're mabait... high speed runs takes you down to 8's)
    Light Traffic (city/highway): 7 km/l
    Heavy Traffic (Espana-level traffic): 5 km/l
    Harabas (highway/twisties): 5 km/l

This was with the 4x4 3.0 AT, with the transfer case in 2h. The 4x4 3.0 MT Hilux may be a little better, as a lot of that consumption is from the weight of the tranny in idling.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkaboodles View Post
    i've driven both. and imo, comfy ride, spacious interior, better acelleration ang new hilux. nga pla,.. i've been told of 5 hiluxes that caught flames here * saudi. they said that the exhaust pipe is too close to the fuel tank.
    What in the world is this???

A HILUX?
    Comfy?

Its a TRUCK!

If walang strada, then go for Dmax... But for me, the bed isnt an issue... You still have 2,500kg to tow your stuff.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But towing requires a different license restriction as well as a trailer with papers ($$$).

I'm fixing my license to be able to tow.

Most pick ups also don't offer any towing facility. No coupling, no wiring, no nothing. Have to spend $$$ again.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not sure with the Hilux but the Dmax only has a front tow hook. Wala sa rears.

Otep,
    Around how much is the fee for towing?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    what do you guys recommend na magandang brand na TOW HOOK? huwag lang ARB sobrang mahal kasi nun. may nakiita ko kadalasan sa mga Ford Expedition, shape nya is square..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yup, pati sa Fortuner, halos wala kang rear-view.

Pero rugged naman talaga ang bagong Fortuner/Hilux platform. Maraming owners nga ang nag-o-off-road na.

RE: Consumption...

My consumption on the 4x4 Fortuner was as follows:

Highway: 10-12 km/l (12 only if you're mabait... high speed runs takes you down to 8's)
    Light Traffic (city/highway): 7 km/l
    Heavy Traffic (Espana-level traffic): 5 km/l
    Harabas (highway/twisties): 5 km/l

This was with the 4x4 3.0 AT, with the transfer case in 2h. The 4x4 3.0 MT Hilux may be a little better, as a lot of that consumption is from the weight of the tranny in idling.

diba the fortuner 3.0 4wd has no 2H option? it has a full time 4wd set-up? 4H-4HL-4LL. the new hi-lux and fortuner share the same suspension design sa 120 prado/4runner/gx470.

D-max naman share it with the chevy colorado and the upcoming H3.

D-max vs Hi-lux acceleration sa traffic overtaking the smae lang lamang lang lux sa open roads, this is the account ng kilala kong magkapatid with both vehicles M/T.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Hi-lux vs. Dmax:  Let's level the playing field