New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Of course the Innova J will have more problems than what your FXT has or will have. Why ? It's being used by lots of people, not only you I presume.

Sige, lets say you take care of the vehicle and treat it like it's yours ... ganun ba ang iba ?

SOME tend to just drive it into deep holes even without slowing down or tend to pass onto high humps without even stepping on the brakes. Obviously rattles and problems will appear.

And yeah, those said rattles and problems that might appear in ANY vehicle can be avoided. How ? Take care of it, follow it's proper maintenance and don't run through deep holes, if you can avoid it then do it.

And actually owning the fastest vehicle in it's class doesn't really matter. Look, there still lots of crosswind buyers out there, even though it's expensive and slow they don't care since it still really matters on the their preference and wants.

And with the problems said that could be popping up any time soon, don't be afraid nor be troubled since the appearance or disappearance of these said problems will still lie on your own hands.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Of course the Innova J will have more problems than what your FXT has or will have. Why ? It's being used by lots of people, not only you I presume.

Sige, lets say you take care of the vehicle and treat it like it's yours ... ganun ba ang iba ?

SOME tend to just drive it into deep holes even without slowing down or tend to pass onto high humps without even stepping on the brakes. Obviously rattles and problems will appear.

And yeah, those said rattles and problems that might appear in ANY vehicle can be avoided. How ? Take care of it, follow it's proper maintenance and don't run through deep holes, if you can avoid it then do it.

And actually owning the fastest vehicle in it's class doesn't really matter. Look, there still lots of crosswind buyers out there, even though it's expensive and slow they don't care since it still really matters on the their preference and wants.

And with the problems said that could be popping up any time soon, don't be afraid nor be troubled since the appearance or disappearance of these said problems will still lie on your own hands.

innova j driver ko lang ang nag drive, and he really is a careful guy when it comes to cars. he has been my driver ever since i was in h.s. so i'm sure he's taking care of the car properly. hilux naman ako naman ang nag drive non and both innova j and hilux was brand new when our company issued it to me, yung revo brand new din binili pero may ibang gumagamit besides me. i can tell the revo isn't taken care of properly. pero innova j and hilux are properly maintained.

i'm not saying na sobrang nakakainis ang interior rattle ng hilux, innova, or revo. i'm just saying when you compare the interior rattle of the forester to the hilux, innova or revo, obviously mas tahimik ang forester.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    Of course the forester will be faster

I just mentioned that the crdi tucson does have far larger torque rating as opposed to the petrol figures that you posted. And accessible torque.

Thing is, once both cars are fully packed and loaded, the diesel tucson will have it better than the forester, as it will pull like a V8 truck without having to rev hard. Practicality in its essence.

*pup2: so pano pa kaming drivers with non-crdi, non-turbocharged, non-direct injection diesels sa overtaking? hahaha. grabe talaga.

Whoa, non-CRDI, non-Turbo, non-EFI Diesel? Less than 100 hp yun ah. Dati may car akong ganyan. My only major crash 20+ years ago due to impatience. At MT pa siya ha!

Axually, I did some research and the stated torque of the 2010 Tuc is 25 kg-m per the HARI spec sheet * 1800-2500 RPM. It goes from 0-100 in 14.3 secs.

For the information of all, the Forester's torque is at 320 Nm at 2800 RPM, which it can reach very, very fast due to the high HP. It goes from 0-100 in 7 seconds.

14.3 seconds is a looong time when passing a bus going at 100 kph. Simple conversion to Nm will reveal that the Tuc's torque is at 245 Nm at 1800-2500 RPM. Panalo siya sa NA car but not the high-compression Turbo Forester (I think that's why the FXT's pistons are FORGED).

This rings true because all the Subaru Turbos are actually capable of towing a 40-foot container van (go ahead, search youtube).

Despite all the handicaps though, practicality means that in a straight race to Pagudpod or Baguio, the Tucson would probably win. Because it will just need to get fuel ONCE. Whereas the Subarus would need to stop at least 3 times (maliit ang gas tank niya, pihikan pa sa type ng gas 95 Octane & up lang).

Then again, my bladder is not that strong, I LIKE going to gas stations, and I'd rather get there unstressed by all those PITA buses, trucks, and public utility vehicles. But Subarus are not for everyone. Not only do you really have to be able to afford it, you have to be a good enough driver not to kill someone including yourself.

Plus kung brownout, forget about it ...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Axually, I did some research and the stated torque of the 2010 Tuc is 25 kg-m per the HARI spec sheet * 1800-2500 RPM. It goes from 0-100 in 14.3 secs.
    And yet the old girl can go up 45 degree inclines fully loaded with no problems... patience and safety first nalang pag overtaking.

that spec is probably for the petrol. the 2.0 R diesel produces 392 Nm of torque.

regarding the towing... well, the tucson can pull that same van, and at a lower RPM to boot. A diesel touareg with the diesel v10 (rated at 750 Nm of torque - a little less than double than the R on the tucson) pulled a 747.

anyway I'd like to put this matter to rest, since the diesel vs. petrol is like comparing apples to oranges. It's up to the buyer if he/she would like to have an excellent petrol car or an excellent diesel car.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    basta masaya mag overtake sa Tucson

half throttle + manual mode + e-VGT kick + 3000 RPM = :diablo:

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    basta masaya mag overtake sa Tucson

half throttle + manual mode + e-VGT kick + 3000 RPM = :diablo:
    both cars naman bro starex saya mag overtake.

forester + 3k rpm + turbo boost =

talagang ibabaon ka sa upuan mo once the turbo starts boosting, it's hard to resist going full throttle, kaya siguro dami nag sasabi lakas sa gas ng XT kasi hirap sila mag drive normal kasi gusto nila lagi ma feel ang boost.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Whoa, non-CRDI, non-Turbo, non-EFI Diesel? Less than 100 hp yun ah. Dati may car akong ganyan. My only major crash 20+ years ago due to impatience. At MT pa siya ha!

mali yata...the other forum reviews it just over 10 seconds for the gas variants...crdi will be faster base from hp and torque rating could be in the range of 8+ secs.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    ^^ If you get the chance, try driving a modern diesel car, you'll understand what me, SG, and the other dieselers mean to say about "usable torque"

there's a reason why buses, trailers, trains, and even ships are powered by diesel engines.

and wala namang nakikipagtalo sayo dito, we all have our opinions. we're all just chipping in to the discussion regarding our personal experiences regarding petrol and diesel engines.
    is 07 Sta Fe with 2.2 ltr CRDI with VGT, considered modern diesel car? yes it is quick and torquey, lots of low-end punchy torque, very true for all modern diesel engines, sana nga lang medyo humabahaba pa yung revs para di nabibitin minsan since diesel kasi. Lalo sigurado yang new Tucson CRDI.

But never compare a boosted modern CRDI engine to a boosted modern petrol engine

btw same lang daw Torque rating 320 nm both ang FXT at Tuc CRDI.
    http://www.hyundai.co.uk/newCars/ix35/technical/
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/11181/20...pecifications/

Bro Pup2 balita?
    Last edited by yuichi; April 20th, 2010 at 01:49 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post

But never compare a boosted modern CRDI engine to a boosted modern petrol engine

btw same lang daw Torque rating 320 nm both ang FXT at Tuc CRDI.
    http://www.hyundai.co.uk/newCars/ix35/technical/
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/11181/20...pecifications/
    As I said. diesels and petrol engines are like apples and oranges. Forced induction man o N/A.

Interestingly enough, the diesel-powered Audi R10s dominated the Le Mans for two years in a row, and the diesel Audi R15 *almost* won the 2009 Le Mans. (Their main competitors were Peugeot... who also used diesels in their 908 race car).

BUT. The trend nowadays is the development of forced induction, direct injected, high compression ratio petrol engines with torque "plateaus". just like diesels.

examples include BMW's N54 and Ford's Ecoboost. look up their specs, ang galing talaga

Hyundai Motor Company has released details of its brand new R-Engine Diesel powerplant on the occasion of the 8th Advanced Diesel Engine Technology Symposium held at the company's Namyang R&D Centre. With a power output of 135 kW and 392 Nm of torque, the 2.0 litre version of the R-Engine outperforms any competitive offering (147 kW and 436 Nm are delivered by the 2.2 litre version). The R-Engine will enter production next year and will see its first application on the 2010 Tucson and Sonata models.
    so they put a detuned R-diesel on the tucson ix?

I saw a crdi tucson yesterday. Very quiet diesel compared to the D-4D and the D-ID

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    mali yata...the other forum reviews it just over 10 seconds for the gas variants...crdi will be faster base from hp and torque rating could be in the range of 8+ secs.

Torque refers to PULLING power ... meaning it can pull a heavier load. It also means you can 'feel' a stronger tug.

It does NOT mean it's a faster sprinter. Generally, that's still in the province of HP.

Luma na pala yung CRDi specs na natignan ko ... pero tama pa din ang conclusion ... 10.4 secs for the gas and 10.8 for the Diesel. Unless paakyat o may hilang mabigat. Both will slow down but the gas will slow down more.

Either way, its meangless for the XT kasi pareho ang torque. So the 100 horsepower difference will still be there.

Tama si Yuichi at Scharnhorst. BTW, Yuichi also has both a modern turbo gas and a modern turbo diesel. At tama sila ni Scharnhorst. Magkaiba talaga yan. Practicality v performance.

Ideally dapat meron ka 1 of each, CRDi Turbo Diesel for city drive & brownout, high compression turbo gas for longer drives.

hehehe. Sup bro!

*Scharn -- kaw naman pumunta ka pa sa Ford at BMW eh yung high compression at forged piston ng Suba at Mitsu panahon pa ng 'hapon.' hehehe.

BTW, now that the 265 hp LGT is out, kelan kaya mababa bump up ang FXT hp to 265? Babalik kaya siya sa 6.1 secs 0-100 o papantay lang sa 6.5 ng LGT? Abangan ang susunod na kabanata ...
    Last edited by pup2; April 20th, 2010 at 07:11 PM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Forester 2.5xt or Tucson premium crdi