New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    Of course the forester will be faster

I just mentioned that the crdi tucson does have far larger torque rating as opposed to the petrol figures that you posted. And accessible torque.

Thing is, once both cars are fully packed and loaded, the diesel tucson will have it better than the forester, as it will pull like a V8 truck without having to rev hard. Practicality in its essence.

*pup2: so pano pa kaming drivers with non-crdi, non-turbocharged, non-direct injection diesels sa overtaking? hahaha. grabe talaga.
    This is true.

Nabasa ko sa Fortuner club na kapag ang Fortuner mo ay naka 22" rims:
    mas mabagal ang acceleration ng 2.7 VVT-i sa 2.5 D-4D
    Notice the difference in HP 160 VS. 102, both 4X2

iba talaga ang hauling power at torque ng mga diesel engine

foresterx, ayoko sana magka argue nanaman tayo pero wag naman sana tayo maging masyadong bias sa kotse natin

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    This is true.

Nabasa ko sa Fortuner club na kapag ang Fortuner mo ay naka 22" rims:
    mas mabagal ang acceleration ng 2.7 VVT-i sa 2.5 D-4D
    Notice the difference in HP 160 VS. 102, both 4X2

iba talaga ang hauling power at torque ng mga diesel engine

foresterx, ayoko sana magka argue nanaman tayo pero wag naman sana tayo maging masyadong bias sa kotse natin

ok sorry, like you said ayoko na maki pag argue pa is it will go no where. maybe you can share the problems of tucson so we can help others planning to buy what to look out for. on the forester kasi interior rattles ang problem nito.

also i'm not biased to the forester, if you can see my other post i said i like the looks of the tucson better than the forester. i'm just pointing out that when it comes to performance and engine potential the forester has the advantage.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    also i'm not biased to the forester, if you can see my other post i said i like the looks of the tucson better than the forester. i'm just pointing out that when it comes to performance and engine potential the forester has the advantage.
    ^^ If you get the chance, try driving a modern diesel car, you'll understand what me, SG, and the other dieselers mean to say about "usable torque"

there's a reason why buses, trailers, trains, and even ships are powered by diesel engines.

and wala namang nakikipagtalo sayo dito, we all have our opinions. we're all just chipping in to the discussion regarding our personal experiences regarding petrol and diesel engines.
    Last edited by scharnhorst; April 16th, 2010 at 11:08 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I'd say the potential buyer doesn't need the FXT's high-RPM grunt if he/she doesn't drive like I do; playing around above 4,500RPM. Which is pretty much impossible in plain old boring city driving, but routine here around the expressways.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    I'd say the potential buyer doesn't need the FXT's high-RPM grunt if he/she doesn't drive like I do; playing around above 4,500RPM. Which is pretty much impossible in plain old boring city driving, but routine here around the expressways.
    for highway driving, crdi's are also quite good - they putter along at 100 kph at relatively lower RPMs

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sa totoo lang, wala ako problema sa CRDi Premium ko. ayoko lang talaga nung H4 type headlights as in ayoko.

they putter along at 100 kph at relatively lower RPMs
    again, this is true. ang Tucson CRDi ko kayang mag 100 KPH * 1700 RPM * 6th gear
    120 KPH * 2000 RPM
    140 KPH * 2500 RPM

and more to come :clap: bukas magpapa 1000KMS check up na ako. 1000KMS in 2 weeks :hysterical:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    pero based on other owners ba, what are their feedback on what new buyers should watch out for? lalo na in the long run may mga sakit ba ang tucson na lalabas?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    pero based on other owners ba, what are their feedback on what new buyers should watch out for? lalo na in the long run may mga sakit ba ang tucson na lalabas?
    syempre hindi ko / namin masasabi yan sa ngayon since bago pa yung iX.

yan bang Forester nyo?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    they should watch out for the imminent popularity of Hyundai cars.

lately pati Santa Fe ko pinagtitignan sa kalsada ngaun. as in sinisipat pa talaga kung sino driver. eh luma na yun akin ah

mukang naging popular na naman SF ko bec. of this Tucson buying madness hype

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    syempre hindi ko / namin masasabi yan sa ngayon since bago pa yung iX.

yan bang Forester nyo?

some owners say interior rattles ang sakit nito, pero every thing else is fine naman. for me i'm not really annoyed by the rattles, since if you compare it to other cars mas ok naman sya. our company has a inova j, hilux and revo which i use every day and if you compare it sa kalampag ng mga company car namin eh walang sinabi yung kalampag ng forester sa lakas ng interior rattles ng mga company car namin. siguro kasi yung mga nag rereklamo sa subaru club eh may other high end cars or euro cars kaya ingay na ingay sila sa subaru.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Forester 2.5xt or Tucson premium crdi