New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Agree with EQAddict about the Jazz It's definitely a fun drive and very stable. The VX comes with VSC - I don't know if it actually works but I like the handling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I'm also voting for the Jazz (or the City)

I honestly don't expect cars under the 2M mark to be "fast," they are designed to be economical.

I'm also not a fan of modifying cars... But Honda will have a lot of 3rd party options for making your car faster and handle better.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I'm also voting for the Jazz (or the City)

I honestly don't expect cars under the 2M mark to be "fast," they are designed to be economical.

I'm also not a fan of modifying cars... But Honda will have a lot of 3rd party options for making your car faster and handle better.
    looks like youve havent driven a wrx yet..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    I think all the threadstarter wants is something that accelerates faster than a Mirage and not necessarily drag race fast.

The Mirage is slow as molasses from standstill. So slow that if you're driving right behind an SUV when the traffic light changes from stop to go, you will get left behind leaving a gap big enough for another sedan to cut in.

Tapatalked

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Well, the thread here is asking which brand new car under 1M is the fastest or quickest. The best clincher would be for the TS to test drive his primary options and choose the one to his preference.

It's true that the Fiesta's tranny rocker switch is near to useless. I just put the car on Drive and let the DCT shift by itself as it shifts gears faster than my mortal capabilities. The great advantage of the Fiesta's engine is the availability of ample amount of torque across a wider rpm range. No need to keep the car at past 4000 rpm. Once tou reach 4500 going to 5000 rpm, overboost kicks in providing more torque and the car sprints further.

The Jazz is a more practical car. It is outclassed in engine output but it is more fuel efficient and has more internal space. For me, its steering feels a bit numb and the suspension is on the soft side. The Fiesta's suspension is a bit stiffer and may not be that welcome to rear passengers if you have an aggressive driver on the wheel.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    looks like youve havent driven a wrx yet..
    There's always a few exceptions but I was basing my comment in general...

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks for the comments guys!

So far, here's what I'm getting from your comments:

1. Accent CRDI - powerful engine, diesel fed, driver comfort may not be at par with other options
    2. Jazz - decent engine power, economical and practical
    3. Fiesta Ecoboost - powerful engine, small cabin space (not really a concern for me)
    4. Jetta - powerful engine, diesel fed, maintenance and availability may not be as convenient as other options

How come Altis and Mazda 3 are not coming up? Are they not as "fast" or "quick" as the options above? I believe they are also under the 1M mark.

My daily drive is usually around 60kms (to and fro) through SLEX into the business district. My Mirage is doing quite well, but I find myself constantly pushing the car to it's limits (shifting at 4k to 5k rpm) whenever I feel the urge to drive faster than usual. I guess im looking for an alternative that will give me the same rush without putting too much pressure on the car.

Keep em coming guys. Comments and suggestions are all appreciated.
    Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    There's always a few exceptions but I was basing my comment in general...
    Most midsize cars can get fast, much faster than the usual compact cars. Most Pinoys are just used to driving compacts or subcompacts. Most of the these midsizers with big 4-cylinder (2.4-2.5L) or 6 cylinder engines can easily sprint from 0-100kmh in between 7-8 seconds and can do 200kmh with not much effort. However, there is only a few vehicles under 2M (local pricing) which are quick and fast on a sporty level (something like 0-100kmh in around 5-6 seconds and good for 250kmh+). The WRX is a good example.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie26 View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys!

So far, here's what I'm getting from your comments:

1. Accent CRDI - powerful engine, diesel fed, driver comfort may not be at par with other options
    2. Jazz - decent engine power, economical and practical
    3. Fiesta Ecoboost - powerful engine, small cabin space (not really a concern for me)
    4. Jetta - powerful engine, diesel fed, maintenance and availability may not be as convenient as other options

How come Altis and Mazda 3 are not coming up? Are they not as "fast" or "quick" as the options above? I believe they are also under the 1M mark.

My daily drive is usually around 60kms (to and fro) through SLEX into the business district. My Mirage is doing quite well, but I find myself constantly pushing the car to it's limits (shifting at 4k to 5k rpm) whenever I feel the urge to drive faster than usual. I guess im looking for an alternative that will give me the same rush without putting too much pressure on the car.

Keep em coming guys. Comments and suggestions are all appreciated.
    Thanks!

The Jetta raised in a post here is the 1.4L turbo gas version which was put on sale at 950k. It comes with VW's 7-speed DSG (DCT) tranny. Another model priced at 850k is the 1.6L turbo diesel model with an MT tranny. The 1.6L turbo diesel produces much less power than than the 1.4L turbo gas engine (150hp vs 105hp) but both engines are rated about the same in torque (250Nm).

The sub 1M Mazda3 is the one powered by the smaller 1.5L engine. With a bigger frame powered by a smaller engine, don't expect too much in terms of quickness against the TOTL model with the 2.0L engine.

The Mazda2 1.5L is one of the quicker cars among the subcompacts and it lags only a few ticks against the Fiesta Ecoboost in a 0-100kmh sprint. It is quite cramped inside, like the Fiesta.

Maybe Jut703 can give a more detailed view of the Altis 1.6G. He drives the MT model. The Altis 1.6V is already past 1M in terms of pricing. Another car similar to the Altis is the Sylphy 1.8L (around 970-980k in price). However, the Sylphy is more a comfort cruiser than a sporty drive.

If you want a pocket rocket for 1M, go for the Focus 1.5L Ecoboost. The lower trim model is priced at 1.088M but Ford is offering a 70k discount on it. The Focus has better interiors than the Fiesta though it's not as spacious as an Altis or Sylphy. However, you get one solid compact with a potent turbo engine and offers a good responsive drive. FC though is much higher, around 6-7 km/L on city routes.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Allow me to suggest something very different.

Mercedes Benz e55 AMG | *******

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast