New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Nakasakay ako sa accent na taxi. All I can say sa acceleration is wow! Issue ko lang sa brand new AT units are DCT

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Would you look at that, 185km/h * 3500rpm... Exactly the same as my uncle's Strada GLS Sport V. At that point the Strada was barely getting any faster, but this one just keeps on going and going and going... According to that vid, 200 comes at around 3750rpm, 4500rpm pa ata ang redline. 220km/h speedo definitely ain't just for show!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Hindi dct ito. Its a normal torque converter. Selectshift series.
    Its the Ford 6F30 trans. Heavy duty for the 1.5 eb

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung takot sa 7DCT, there is the Kia Soul at 1.02M. Same engine as the Accent but with 6 speed traditional slushbox. Lots more cargo space and higher ground clearance than the sedans you are currently considering.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Its the Ford 6F30 trans. Heavy duty for the 1.5 eb
    Thanks!

Ayaw ko lang sa crdi tuning is the extra black smoke and sound...

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks for the suggestions. The diesel Accent looks promising. How's the maintenance? Is it every 5km or 10km? Im assuming roughly 5k every scheduled maintenance?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    If you opt for synthetic oil it could be longer...

According to some members sa hyundai club 5k or 6mo sa que ave casa.

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    By the way, Im also considering Honda Jazz (also below 1M). How does it stack up against the diesel Accent? Can anyone who's driven both cars share their experience? Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Fiesta Ecoboost if you want the quickest car under 1M. It does 0-100 in 9 seconds, which is 2.0-category. It's faster than the Accent which only feels quick because it's a diesel, but under flat out acceleration, the Fiesta edges it out. The Fiesta also has much better suspension than the Accent.

I was thinking of getting an Ecoboost last year, but I realized that I needed a better all-rounder rather than just an outright speedy car.

The Ecoboost is very quick and torquey, has great handling, and is pretty loaded with features for its price. However, what turned me off is that it's very cramped, it doesn't have the same gravitas as a compact car, it has poor resale value, and its transmission has potential reliability issues in the long run.

That said, we have different needs though. Your Montero can serve as your all-rounder, while the Fiesta complements it very well as a fun backup car.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The fiesta is good. But for a few more k's for the focus you get a midsize class powertrain and suspension in a compact sized hatch with a compact price. The independent rear suspension alone makes it a contender with the likes of the new civic and new elantra sport. Only downside is the 40 profile tires...hehehe

About the jazz... daming test drive units. Its a good upgrade over the mirage.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Happy owner here of a Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost. 42k km on the odometer since I got it July 2014 and it is still the feisty hatchback that got me sold when I test drove it. It accelerates hard for a subcompact and the engine loves to be revved high. My Forester XT is quicker and faster than my Fiesta Ecoboost but I love driving the Fiesta better. It just feels more planted to the ground. Floor the gas pedal on a stoplight and the car just scoots (0-100kmh in just a few ticks above 9 seconds). Flag it hard on the highway and it still feels stable at 180 kmh.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast