New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie26 View Post
    By the way, Im also considering Honda Jazz (also below 1M). How does it stack up against the diesel Accent? Can anyone who's driven both cars share their experience? Thanks!

I have a Jazz VX. Tons of fun. Very nice to cane the vtech engine as it revs so high. Light, pointy, and its got some spunk if you know how to work the engine powerband using the paddle shifters (which is very easy to do). I found that i always had more outright enjoyment finding this car's limits than i had versus my other cars. Its a thrill to push it as its verybeasy to reach the limits.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Jazz would have been more fun to drive if Honda brought locally the USDM Fit version with the 1.8L engine. Honda's L15 1.5L engine feels lethargic at low rpms and needs to be revved high to keep it going fast. Also, Honda's steering for its small cars feels a bit numb unlike the one found on the Accord. The Jazz is quite nimble with its light chassis. The L15 engine is also more fuel efficient than Ford's 1.0L turbo engine. However, on a sprint, the Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost will outclass the Jazz 1.5L. My old 6th gen Accord 2.3L was quick but the Fiesta might give it a good challenge on a sprint.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    my old jazz is what i call cheap speed....coz had her when gas was at the 55peso range....yes its slow on the get go but in the corners it can hold its speed and coz of its size it gives the sensation of going fast kahit hindi

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    What I like about the Accent is the low end torque. Just ride any Accent cab (in good condition 😆), even the previous gen and you'll know what I mean. IMHO its best attribute is its fuel efficiency even while you are flogging it. With a gas engine, even a turbo gas one you can never have both at the same time. Not to mention that diesel is around P12/L cheaper than regular gas, even more so if you're into premium gas. Maintenance cost isn't that much if you do it outside. Expensive is a given if you casa maintain the car, but then again that is true for any other car. Just yesterday I took the '07 Santa Fe for its 75tkms PMS. Change oil (7L Repsol semi synthetic), replace oil, air and fuel filters. Cost me a total of only 4200 petot.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Jazz would have been more fun to drive if Honda brought locally the USDM Fit version with the 1.8L engine. Honda's L15 1.5L engine feels lethargic at low rpms and needs to be revved high to keep it going fast. Also, Honda's steering for its small cars feels a bit numb unlike the one found on the Accord. The Jazz is quite nimble with its light chassis. The L15 engine is also more fuel efficient than Ford's 1.0L turbo engine. However, on a sprint, the Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost will outclass the Jazz 1.5L. My old 6th gen Accord 2.3L was quick but the Fiesta might give it a good challenge on a sprint.
    There's no 1.8 engine for the Jazz/Fit in North America or even Japan. 1.5 talaga or the Hybrid

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    There's no 1.8 engine for the Jazz/Fit in North America or even Japan. 1.5 talaga or the Hybrid
    I thought they had one as the HRV has the 1.8L engine. The HRV uses the Fit platform. The Jazz/Fit would have been more lively if it did have the Honda 1.8L engine.

On a different note, Honda will be introducing a new 1.0L turbo engine and it will most likely be used for the base model Civic and the Jazz/Fit. This new 1.0L turbo engine has similar output as the 123hp/170Nm tune of Ford's 1.0L Ecoboost engine. Since 2015, the European Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost is tuned for 138hp/210Nm.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Fiesta Ecoboost if you want the quickest car under 1M. It does 0-100 in 9 seconds, which is 2.0-category. It's faster than the Accent which only feels quick because it's a diesel, but under flat out acceleration, the Fiesta edges it out. The Fiesta also has much better suspension than the Accent.

I was thinking of getting an Ecoboost last year, but I realized that I needed a better all-rounder rather than just an outright speedy car.

The Ecoboost is very quick and torquey, has great handling, and is pretty loaded with features for its price. However, what turned me off is that it's very cramped, it doesn't have the same gravitas as a compact car, it has poor resale value, and its transmission has potential reliability issues in the long run.

That said, we have different needs though. Your Montero can serve as your all-rounder, while the Fiesta complements it very well as a fun backup car.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Add the Jetta to the options. 0 to 100 kph in 8+secs with their twin turbo. I think their promo is still ongoing, if it is, makes it sub-P1M car.

Not sure about stock availability though.

Good luck!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Add the Jetta to the options. 0 to 100 kph in 8+secs with their twin turbo. I think their promo is still ongoing, if it is, makes it sub-P1M car.

Not sure about stock availability though.

Good luck!
    Amen to that! 950k for a Euro compact sedan powered by a punchy 1.4L turbo engine (150hp/250Nm) is really a steal.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    For 1M, I'd get the entry level 1.5 Jazz MT then drop a supercharger from Speedlab and call it a day.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Yes the jazz is not so fast from a standing start. But how often do you need to drag race? the real fun is keeping it and its engine on the boil. 4.5k rpm and up and that vtec sound and kick is nice. And more importantly..... Youre engaged to it because of the flappy paddles. The fiesta has that ungainly rocker switch. So unintuitive and basically unusable. Keeping it in the powerband is very easy once you get going and is really part of the fun and the challenge. Try it (the paddles) and you will know why its loved by legions and this is what really gives it its FUN character. Love using it on sweepy roads and curves. If its a drag race you want at this level.... It wont win. But once it gets moving and the road gets challenging.... Its a hoot to drive. NA engines near the redline are really nice. And you can keep it there in that redline all day for as long as theres enough road.

Here is a use case example: lets say youre bombing down the road and see a slow car or group of cars in front of you. You slow down right? And wait for an opening to overtake. In an ordinary automatic without paddle shifters....the engine will drop revs and go to a higher gear when u slow down as its programmed for that. You will mash the throttle when the road is clear and there will be a little pause as it downshifts again and the revs climb again to get you in the powerband. Boring.

In the jazz....yes you will slow down....but just click the left paddles and the tranny will drop a few ratios maintaining your engine rpm speed . You will be easily in the 5k range..and more importantly You are still in the powerband and you can feel it with your right foot. Overtaking is much easier and more engaging.....and the sound of that vtec small engine at high revs keeps the blood flowing as well

Numbers and power figures arent everything at this price bracket. A fiesta or accent will beat it in a drag race but....at most by a car length. And thats it. They will never beat it on engagement and fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EQAddict; February 8th, 2017 at 09:27 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast