New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    rather than just getting some random advice from a forum, i would suggest you test drive the car yourself. have your passenger go with you so they can also give their feedback. all these CUVs should be available for a test drive(except maybe for the RAV4 where they only bring in limited models here).

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Forester? Soft suspension?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Forester? Soft suspension?
    It's softer compared to Tucson and 2nd gen Xtrail. Or maybe the XT's suspension is stiffer. I only tested the 2L variant.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    There were news that the newer batch of Forester 2.0L NA models were tuned to have a softer suspension. The initial batches had the characteristic stiff suspension of the Forester. There were many complaints as most buyers seem to prefer the softer ride compared to the stiff or sporty ride that some prefer. The Forester XT is still tuned its suspension to be stiff as it is still the king in terms of performance and handling among the Japanese CUV's.
    Last edited by Egan101; April 23rd, 2015 at 01:43 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2015
    I recently test drove every one of the cars. The cx5 has the worst drive comfort. Crv is the best one for me

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Aside from the ride comfort one thing to consider also (given your list of passengers) is the ease of entry and exit for them.

Depending on their height, body structure, fitness level, etc. Some may find it hard to get in because the seat is high for them. Some may find it hard to get out, because the seat is too low.

I have the Forester XT, the ride is definitely not plush. It is on the sporty side but not bone jarring. I haven't had a senior citizen sit at the back yet, so I cannot get their opinions. As for the others on your list, I cannot comment. No personal experience for me.

I suggest you test drive all of them and have your regular rear seat passengers go with you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Aside from the ride comfort one thing to consider also (given your list of passengers) is the ease of entry and exit for them.

Depending on their height, body structure, fitness level, etc. Some may find it hard to get in because the seat is high for them. Some may find it hard to get out, because the seat is too low.

I have the Forester XT, the ride is definitely not plush. It is on the sporty side but not bone jarring. I haven't had a senior citizen sit at the back yet, so I cannot get their opinions. As for the others on your list, I cannot comment. No personal experience for me.

I suggest you test drive all of them and have your regular rear seat passengers go with you.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by outbite View Post
    The cx5 has the worst drive comfort.
    My senior citizen parents love it so much they wore down the stock tires in less than two years

My mom complained about the harsh ride the day we got it from the casa. We went straight to the gas station to check tire pressures and sure enough they were all inflated to above 40psi. When adjusted to the proper pressures (and after a few kilometers loosening it up) it settled in nicely.
    Last edited by JohnM; May 7th, 2015 at 12:18 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Hmm. . .senior citizens normally hate high riders. It is a problem for them getting in and out of the car.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    You could also look at the VW Touran and the Peugeot 3008 for passenger ride comfort comparison.
    I think these are within the price range of the CUVs that you mentioned.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    Hmm. . .senior citizens normally hate high riders. It is a problem for them getting in and out of the car.
    My mom almost fell off my sister's Fortuner but she can get in and out of the CX5 in heels with no problems. The car-based SUVs are mostly at the right height for old hips.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast