New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    thanks! Those are appreciated. Come to think of it. I don't have a list, i should create a spreadsheet for this.

But what I was hoping for are tips for the purchase, not process of selecting a car. Something like what to ask an SA, what to watch out for, ano yung mga dinadaya nila usually? Things like that.. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    stay away from the china made haima. mamaya same yan ng cherry QQ, walang spare parts na mabili. wala na ako nakikitang cherry QQ sa daan while 2 years ago ang dami nila.

yung current ford escape balita ko laki daw ng discount. papalitan na kasi so need nila i-dispose yung mga current models. kung ok lang sa iyo 2012 model yun na.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    I am deciding to buy a Brand New Car.

Needs:
    Space - I've got a 10 month old, and one on the way
    Safety - Same reason as above, it's just scary driving a Kia Pride with two babies.
    Maintenance - Kia Pride is so cheap to maintain, so it would probably shock me if I am going to pay lots just to have the headlight bulb replaced.
    9 km/l mixed is okay, of course more okay if it's higher economy
    900K and below
    Status Factor, one something a Manager would probably drive, this is the least of my concern, but hey, it counts, right?

Looking at these options:
    Haima 7 (Cheap but loaded!)
    Suzuki SX4 Crossover
    Kia Carens
    Sportage (If I want to stretch my budget a bit)
    Ford Escape (If I want to stretch my budget a bit, and I heard they are giving huge discounts)

I am coming from a 1998 Kia Pride LX, which is a result of practicality and thinking of just investing the money, rather than pay for monthly amortizations, but I am tired of it. . I think settling for a cheap car for about 2 years is more than enough.
    space wise, looks and FC. carens.
    the brand new sportage also looks good, but to compare with the carens mas maliit yung interiors nya.
    zuk sx4 is also good, kaya lang, medyo mataas ang FC nya.
    escape, luma na ang looks... ang lakas pa sa gas.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malakas ba lumaklak ang escape? carens na. or sportage.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    maganda sana porma nang sx4 kaso medyo maliit talaga trunk space eh... kahit isang stroller di yata kasya doon..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    carens na talaga. or innova kung ok sayo. pang family na

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    malakas ba lumaklak ang escape? carens na. or sportage.
    yes malakas ang consumption ng escape, if you can still stretch your budget a little bit Mitsubishi is offering non-vgt montero which i think is just a little over 1M.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I can vouch for the grand livina, i'm getting 10km/l mixed driving and 14km/l on long trips.

Don't worry about the aircon kaya naman niya palamigin yung cabin and besides you'll be using it most of the time as a five seater.

The space is what I love about this one 2nd and 3rd row seats fold flat and can be configured in a number of ways depending on your needs. I was able to load a sofa inside it before also a cabinet, 50 inch tv with the rack, what else... yun we were also able to use it din pala as a bed in one of our trips. Lastly hindi din mahal ang maintenance, regular PMS lang din ako wala pang nagiging sira or anything.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    one thing about the livina is the wife's family already got one, and it was involved in an accident, so I am considering something else. But I love driving the livina.

Can't really go beyond 900k. So I really can't consider the montero.

Innova, again the family already got 2 Innova's, so also not considered.

I think I should reconsider the carens. Although it's really too basic looking. Not exciting. That's just me though.

Regarding Haima, was Chery distributed by Laus Group? Haima is. I should really ask the SA about the parts availability.

The Escape, oh I love that one. Fuel Economy and Maintenance are just the ones driving me away from it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I had an avanza first generation and now still have my fortuner, re space it looks like the latter is a little more spacious than the other just a bit only maybe because the seats of fort are so thick, so i think the avanza space is adequate and the mere fact that the new avanza got bigger now, why dont you check it out. But the avanza is not something you can be proud of so better get the sportage... btw im taking this into consideration for my wife 2nd car.

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast