New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    kaysa sx4, jazz? yung sportage malaki talaga. hehe
    Nope. Maliit ang cargo room ng Sportage compared to other CUVs (kahit Tucson). Hindi nga ata kasya dalawang stroller dun eh.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I just realized now that buying a car is not really a problem if you have lots and lots of money.
    Although I think that's true with any other commodity.

Anyway, Sportage, maliit cargo room? Hmm.. Dapat i-cross out ko na talaga yung Sportage, mahal na kasi for me masyado.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    but but but...
    Sedan to me is shouting practicality. It won't satisfy something in me. You have to experience driving a Kia Pride, and you would feel that you want a bigger car, because of those cars that somehow don't "see" you and cross whenever they like. Hindi ka tinatantya kapag naka Kia Pride ka lang.
    I drive an Altis and noone bullies me on the road. Minsan nanghahabol pa ko ng mga maangas na convoy ng congressman na naka-Patrol/Innova/Fortuner. And pag CR-V dala ko, I don't feel any different. It's not any higher or more respectable from an image point of view. A higher hip point and ground clearance doesn't really put you in a rarified position over low-riding sedans.

I understand the stigma that comes with a Kia Pride, but other newer compacts aren't as "ignored" as you might think.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I drive an Altis and noone bullies me on the road. Minsan nanghahabol pa ko ng mga maangas na convoy ng congressman na naka-Patrol/Innova/Fortuner. And pag CR-V dala ko, I don't feel any different. It's not any higher or more respectable from an image point of view. A higher hip point and ground clearance doesn't really put you in a rarified position over low-riding sedans.

I understand the stigma that comes with a Kia Pride, but other newer compacts aren't as "ignored" as you might think.
    Gotcha! But now the problem is, if I am going to consider the Altis, then the whole battalion of sedans will come messing up with the choices again. I will have to consider the Lancer EX, the Elantra, the Accent, the different trims, so it's not really narrowing down the choices.

Come to think of it, I think the wife doesn't want a sedan anymore.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Nope. Maliit ang cargo room ng Sportage compared to other CUVs (kahit Tucson). Hindi nga ata kasya dalawang stroller dun eh.
    maliit ba? nalalakihan nga ako e. hehe.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Can you guys give me tips on what to look at when buying a brand new car?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    maliit ba? nalalakihan nga ako e. hehe.
    Yup. I've compared it in person to almost all other compact SUVs on the market.

Some pics from the internet as reference:

Sportage:

Tucson:

CX-5:

Not seen in the pictures is how sloping the roofline of the Sportage is, limiting the height of the stuff you can put in - not any taller than what you could fit in the back of a Focus hatchback.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    Can you guys give me tips on what to look at when buying a brand new car?
    Make a list what you expect to do with car. Then prioritize what you need like more cargo space, 5 seats or 7 seater... or fuel economy, gas or diesel, etc.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^o nga nuh. hindi ko masyado pansin ah. mas malaki pa trunk ng ibang sedan. thanks for the lecture sir. hehe

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Make a list what you expect to do with car. Then prioritize what you need like more cargo space, 5 seats or 7 seater... or fuel economy, gas or diesel, etc.
    basically. alamin mo muna gusto mong category. sedan, cuv, suv, etc.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast