New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I am deciding to buy a Brand New Car.

Needs:
    Space - I've got a 10 month old, and one on the way
    Safety - Same reason as above, it's just scary driving a Kia Pride with two babies.
    Maintenance - Kia Pride is so cheap to maintain, so it would probably shock me if I am going to pay lots just to have the headlight bulb replaced.
    9 km/l mixed is okay, of course more okay if it's higher economy
    900K and below
    Status Factor, one something a Manager would probably drive, this is the least of my concern, but hey, it counts, right?

Looking at these options:
    Haima 7 (Cheap but loaded!)
    Suzuki SX4 Crossover
    Kia Carens
    Sportage (If I want to stretch my budget a bit)
    Ford Escape (If I want to stretch my budget a bit, and I heard they are giving huge discounts)

I am coming from a 1998 Kia Pride LX, which is a result of practicality and thinking of just investing the money, rather than pay for monthly amortizations, but I am tired of it. . I think settling for a cheap car for about 2 years is more than enough.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If you want to to strict about it, only 2 on your list are crossovers.

The SX4 (gasoline) and the Carens (diesel). Both are nice, by the way.

The rest are technically CUVs.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sa options mo sa totoo lang panalo ka sa Kia Carens.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    sx4. pero kung plus sayo ang 3rd row, carens na

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I am kinda new to this thing. But CUV = Crossovers right? 2 on my list, just asking sir, but which two? But come to think of it Carens is not a crossover, it's an MPV right? SX4 Crossover is not a crossover? Hmm.. Just the name I suppose?

(okay, just thought about this, CUV is Compact SUV?)

Third Row is not really a necessity, but what I like with the Carens is you can fold it forward for more space. But Kia Carens is kinda not good looking. If I am getting the Kia Carens, I am going back to something that I would need, and not something I would be proud of, just a little though.

I am going to start looking into these vehicles, and then weigh my options.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    If I am getting the Kia Carens, I am going back to something that I would need, and not something I would be proud of, just a little though.
    Ah, Sportage na yan

Medyo nasa 7.5km/L nga lang ang average.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    I am kinda new to this thing. But CUV = Crossovers right? 2 on my list, just asking sir, but which two? But come to think of it Carens is not a crossover, it's an MPV right? SX4 Crossover is not a crossover? Hmm.. Just the name I suppose?

(okay, just thought about this, CUV is Compact SUV?)

Third Row is not really a necessity, but what I like with the Carens is you can fold it forward for more space. But Kia Carens is kinda not good looking. If I am getting the Kia Carens, I am going back to something that I would need, and not something I would be proud of, just a little though.

I am going to start looking into these vehicles, and then weigh my options.
    sx4 na lang kung no need ang 3rd row. maliit na malaki ang loob :D if you consider sx4, might as well consider jazz and soul. maganda rin sportage, magstretch ka nga lang budget

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    With 2 children, you're fine with a 5-seater crossover. But if you plan to have 3 kids or more, you need a midsized SUV with 7 seats.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Ah, Sportage na yan

Medyo nasa 7.5km/L nga lang ang average.
    If I will mostly drive it here in Clark, that would probably be around 9-10 KM/L right?

The price difference between the Haima 7 and Sportage is about Php200K is that worth it? Anyone here ever seen and tested the Haima 7?

But the Haima 7 conflicts to my need of having something I can be proud of. So, somehow, that pride thing cost an additional Php200K.. Hahaha!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I still don't trust China cars.

Kung Sportage kukunin mo, M/T ba? If M/T, achievable talaga yung 9km/L kung sa Clark ka naman pala nakatira sir.

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast