New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    sportage is out of the list also, as they said the trunk is not that big. I need space, especiallly when I experienced buying a sofa bed with my Kia Pride Sedan. Ahaha!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you can afford a carens, you can afford an innova.
    i used to have 2 babies. i know the value of space.
    i liked the innova so much, i bought another one after 7 years..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    AFAIK, wala nang Carens. It's still listed on their site but there aren't any more shipments. Innova's still there though.

sportage is out of the list also, as they said the trunk is not that big. I need space, especiallly when I experienced buying a sofa bed with my Kia Pride Sedan. Ahaha!
    With the seats up, there really isn't much cargo space with the Sportage. But thing is, being an SUV, you can always fold down the rear seats for rare occasions that you'd need to buy large items like a sofa bed.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Agree with the Innova. It's a no frills car -- esp. the Innova J. Gets you from point A to point B without any worries. It's relatively efficient and the space doesn't disappoint. You can fit in your family comfortably, need space for the stroller? Fold the third row seats. Need the third row seats & cargo space? Have a roof rack installed. It's very versatile.

However, if you insist on choosing within your given choices I'd suggest the Carens. The Haima is still an unknown brand here in MM. But in Clark, I think it's already famous... also, if I'm not mistaken, it shares some if not most parts with Mazda which is I guess good enough. But then again, if you were to keep the car for a decade or more I would suggest limiting your choices to the known & tested brands. I'm not saying it's bad to be a guinea pig, I just don't want to risk my hard earned money.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Sportage for me, malapit sya sa budget mo

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    wag muna china brand. hindi pa trusted. ok yan sigurado for a couple of years. pero let say 5 years to decades, questionable. sayang naman pera kahit pa mura di ba. maintenance and parts pa

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    AFAIK, wala nang Carens. It's still listed on their site but there aren't any more shipments. Innova's still there though.

With the seats up, there really isn't much cargo space with the Sportage. But thing is, being an SUV, you can always fold down the rear seats for rare occasions that you'd need to buy large items like a sofa bed.
    I don't usually buy things by myself, I only get to buy big stuff when I am with the family. So, that is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Agree with the Innova. It's a no frills car -- esp. the Innova J. Gets you from point A to point B without any worries. It's relatively efficient and the space doesn't disappoint. You can fit in your family comfortably, need space for the stroller? Fold the third row seats. Need the third row seats & cargo space? Have a roof rack installed. It's very versatile.

However, if you insist on choosing within your given choices I'd suggest the Carens. The Haima is still an unknown brand here in MM. But in Clark, I think it's already famous... also, if I'm not mistaken, it shares some if not most parts with Mazda which is I guess good enough. But then again, if you were to keep the car for a decade or more I would suggest limiting your choices to the known & tested brands. I'm not saying it's bad to be a guinea pig, I just don't want to risk my hard earned money.
    I also like the Innova, but no. The wife don't like it, I also don't like it, just because her family got two of those already. So we can just borrow those if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    wag muna china brand. hindi pa trusted. ok yan sigurado for a couple of years. pero let say 5 years to decades, questionable. sayang naman pera kahit pa mura di ba. maintenance and parts pa
    Yeah, I have to really talk to the guys at Haima regarding the parts. If they are the same as with Mazda, then why worry about parts. I am not being biased about brands, because I drive a Kia Pride, Kia and Hyundai are just like what Haima is now about 15-20 years ago. So, I am giving them a chance. But I will just look at it. The Haima7 with the specs of a Ford Escape XLS, which costs Php800K is worth to look at. SRP is P849K, less P50K discount.

Kia Pampanga still has the Carens, I will also look at this one. I think it actually just between the two: Carens and Haima7. But I will still go to the showroom of the others, just to check.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    For me, i'd go with the sx4. Maganda naman FC nya like mine now which is 10.9 km/l and up to 18km/l for highway driving. Kung cargo space naman problem mo, there's always the trunk and the roof racks to place things

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    just thinking about the SX4, isn't it just the same thing as buying a Haima? Parts availability, both are still unknown.
    Because I read somewhere that parts for the SX4 are a bit harder to find. Any thoughts?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    just thinking about the SX4, isn't it just the same thing as buying a Haima? Parts availability, both are still unknown.
    Because I read somewhere that parts for the SX4 are a bit harder to find. Any thoughts?
    i dont know about the parts of sx4. let say mahirap nga parts ng sx4. but that is not the point. the point is, reliability and durability. suzuki is known to be durable unlike haima, unknown pa. if you are willing to risk your money, it's ok

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast