New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 158 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    for us AT.

why?

much comfortable ride, less hassle i-drive, kahit mga kapatid kong babae at parents ko hindi sila mahihirapan i-drive.

sa traffic walang problema kahit bumper to bumper and dun sa mga pataas na daan i.e sa basement parking no worry ka na mamatay ang makina or dederetso paatras ang kotse.

so far we had 3 AT vehicles, a starex(binenta na due to overheating) a altis and a trooper so far wala pa naman naging prob sa AT, proper maintenance lang. (change ATF na Royal Purple every PMS).

same naman ang hatak and if may difference sa FC ok lang kasi mas importante sa amin ang comfort kesa sa konting matitipid sa FC. IMHO

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    For me it's manual transmission...I learned driving using the manual transmission...cheaper to maintain and I think not all matic drivers know how to drive manual transmission cars (no offense meant).

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    For me it's manual transmission...I learned driving using the manual transmission...cheaper to maintain and I think not all matic drivers know how to drive manual transmission cars (no offense meant).
    \

i agree with this ..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    M/T has its positives and it's negatives and so is A/T. Considering the area where you are driving, you must weigh both of them and look w/c is more applicable to you.

If you are here in Metro Manila, I suggest that you also look at the distance where you will usually use your car and if it is flooded during rainy times or not.

If you are driving on a short distance trips and sometimes it gets flooded, it is better for you to get a M/T car. The strain on the knees is not that bad and if the area gets flooded, at least you can push your car against the water, you can control the car from shifting to gears.

If you are driving on long distances, the M/T and the A/T is equally appreciated. But, then again, you must consider what kind of driver are you. Are you the type that seeks to have a feeling of rush every now and then? If you are, then M/T is better for you. If you are that easy driving type of owner, watching beautiful sights during the trip, it is better for you to have a A/T. (Well, sometimes it also depends on what engine your car has, if its that powerful then I guess it doesn't show much difference)

Traffic Jams? A/T is better for you if you are considering the pain in the knees. But as far as I know, fuel efficiency is more likely to be seen in M/T cars because you can control your cruise and shift the gears even without reaching any specific RPMs.

I'm a driver who prefers M/T. Not that I'm biased to what I've stated above but more advantages are seen when having a M/T compared to A/T.

Besides from the fact that Chicks in the US prefer stick shift than A/T. The sound of the car sounds better and that it runs faster.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I still keep an M/T vehicle even if it is a van, so that I can still get to experience driving one every weekend. Our other vehicles are A/T as wifey prefers driving this. However, when my eldest son reaches driving age in a few years,- I plan to buy an M/T car for him and myself....

6707:choir:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I learned to drive using an old Chevy MT flatbed. Refined my skills with my very first car, a Macho Machine MT and its alternate, our family's old Holden 4-speed MT. Then came the 1st gen Honda Civic box type MT. When I decided to buy a car in 03, I chose a Mit Lancer MX 6-speed AT simply because Manila traffic was an absolute nightmare. Color-coding day ng Lancer ko ay Wednesday, and I used to borrow my bro's Corolla MT. Pansin ko lang na sobrang pagod ako pag Wednesdays.

Generally speaking, it is more advantageous to have a MT car: more fuel efficient, cheaper to buy and maintain, pwedeng itulak pag namatayan sa baha, mas matipid sa battery, etc., but the real big advantage of an AT vehicle is COMFORT, especially if your everyday commute is stop-go-stop-go. Hindi ka gulpi masyado behind the wheel. I have thought about this real hard and for me, comfort definitely outweighs all the other disadvantages of an AT.

Think about it: a lot of us spend 20-30% of our productive day on the road because of the miserable traffic. That's why my vote goes to an AT.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ^^^ i agree

comfort talaga IMO ang importante. lalo na kung family van. much better talaga pag AT if comfort lang pinaguusapan.

IMO .

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    for us AT.

why?

much comfortable ride, less hassle i-drive, kahit mga kapatid kong babae at parents ko hindi sila mahihirapan i-drive.

sa traffic walang problema kahit bumper to bumper and dun sa mga pataas na daan i.e sa basement parking no worry ka na mamatay ang makina or dederetso paatras ang kotse.

so far we had 3 AT vehicles, a starex(binenta na due to overheating) a altis and a trooper so far wala pa naman naging prob sa AT, proper maintenance lang. (change ATF na Royal Purple every PMS).

same naman ang hatak and if may difference sa FC ok lang kasi mas importante sa amin ang comfort kesa sa konting matitipid sa FC. IMHO

no offense pero i think d ka lang marunong magdrive sa manual. bat ka matatakot mamatayan ng makina or umatras kung marunong ka sa manual? ako dati pag paakyat namamatayan ako pero nung masanay d na. and sa manual mas feel ang pagdrive.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    IMO manual talaga for me. it gives me far greater control on my vehicle. you can feel the connection between man and machine. so mas maraming diskarte pag magdrive with mt. and sa maintenance mas madali parin mt. and what if naiwanan na nakaon ang ilaw and nadrain ang battery, kaya ba ipush start ang at? in terms of comfort i think mas comfortable talaga ang at. all others mt wins. (pero i really like it pag may sportronics kase you can select the gear kahit at)

on more thing, mas maporma magdrive pag mt.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sa aking pananaw nagkakaiba lang sila sa city driving, syiempre pa mas okey ang AT dahil sa comfort, sa long drive mas matipid ang AT ko kaysa MT sa maintenance medyo wala pa akong masabi sa MT going to one year pa lang sya, ang AT ko naman 5years na sya wala naman akong naging problema.

Kaya ang masasabi ko okey sila parehas panghalili sa coding.