New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 131 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Buti na lang nauso na auto brake hold. Now, I rarely shift to N even for 60+ secs. stoplights.
    True, but a light tap to the gas pedal and off you go.... I still like the old handbrake. It was.. reassuring.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by xnxnxn View Post
    For AT, when stopping for long periods of time, do you:

1 set to neutral and handbrake
    2 or leave it at D and handbrake

Common answer from other folks is (1) but there's a youtube video from Engineering Explained saying that the shifting action from D-N causes wear on a more expensive part to fix than the wear when leaving it at D. (Well this is my understanding from the vid)
    I guess we should also be specific with respect to the type of AT: conventional (planetary-gear) or CVT (belt-driven). For me:

Conventional AT - #1
    CVT - #2 (leave at D and brake hold)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    May I ask. Merong mga nagsasabi na after 5 years daw for A/T magiging sirain daw ito at magsisimulang magbigay ng sakit ng ulo compare sa M/T. how true?

Sent from my CPH1613 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay098 View Post
    May I ask. Merong mga nagsasabi na after 5 years daw for A/T magiging sirain daw ito at magsisimulang magbigay ng sakit ng ulo compare sa M/T. how true?

it probably depends on how the owner mistreated it.
    i used to drive a 12 year old CVT, with 100K km on the odometer. no issues.
    i currently drive a 7 year old 4AT with 90K km on the odometer, also no issues.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 21st, 2018 at 10:44 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Old school thinking

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008

21 year old Toyota 4AT with 176tkms, no issues.
    11 year old Hyundai 5AT with 84tkms, no issues.
    8 year old Kia 5AT with 71tkms, no issues.

With these three, I have done nothing other than change ATF. Though I have changed transmission supports for the first two, if you will be counting that. But for that transmission itself, no problem at all.

Drove a Revo diesel with a manual from 2011-2017. IIRC, had one clutch replacement in 2011 and another in 2017. Those weren't cheap.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    21 year old Toyota 4AT with 176tkms, no issues.
    11 year old Hyundai 5AT with 84tkms, no issues.
    8 year old Kia 5AT with 71tkms, no issues.

With these three, I have done nothing other than change ATF. Though I have changed transmission supports for the first two, if you will be counting that. But for that transmission itself, no problem at all.

Drove a Revo diesel with a manual from 2011-2017. IIRC, had one clutch replacement in 2011 and another in 2017. Those weren't cheap.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    so many failures because of owner negligence. hindi nila alam ang proper transmission oil change interval. 2years is a good practice imo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by emarqz View Post
    Hi guys! me and my friend was on a passionate debate on what's the better type of transmission. He plans to buy a new car one in place of his old A/T car. Personally, having driven a car M/T for 5 yrs now, i encouraged him to get a M/T instead of his usual A/T. I haven't driven A/T cars that much, so i really really can't tell the better one objectively. Based on car racing games naman... manual trannys get the better edge, d ba? and i prefer it too. Pros and Cons..., maintenance cost, acceleration.. etc. Love to hear your insights mga pare. I appreciate it!
    M/T kng experienced driver ka.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by peppanda01 View Post
    M/T kng experienced driver ka.
    experienced traffic driver. saket na ng paa ko sa clutch. mas maganda siguro pag automatic. brakes lng pag sa traffic.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    experienced traffic driver. saket na ng paa ko sa clutch. mas maganda siguro pag automatic. brakes lng pag sa traffic.

Ako parehas lang basta trapik ngawet.. kasi pag AT babad naman paa mo sa brake lalo na pag crawling traffic.. pag manual babad naman paa sa clutch..

Mas nakakangawet sa crawling traffic ang gas engine kasi need mo pa mag timpla sa gas.. unlike pag diesel bibitaw ka lang ng konting clutch uusad na