New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    yung officemate ko bumili 2nd hand jazz thru AMA bank (IIRC)
    sobrang taas daw interest, dapat daw brandnew nalang
    2 years daw sya nag skyflakes, pero never naman namburaot ng yosi kasi bisyo daw yun
    Either way bro not a good practice. Pano na kung pamilyado ka? SkyFlakes kayong magpamilya ng 2 taon?

Buti na lang lumaki ako sa mahirap, late 20's nagkaron' ng sariling sasakyan at maaga nag pamember ng tsikot.

I've got all my tips and tricks here how to loan a car, haggle up to detailing

On Topic: Dahil sa tumatanda na rin ako, parang gusto ko na rin kumuha ng 2nd hand na Everest as back-up car.
    Mas pabor saken ang pagkababa ng resale value ng Ford kase wala naman ako balak ibenta na. Di ba dun lang sa Libis C5 nakatambak yung mga repossessed cars ng PSBank?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the wise man will look for a house first, before he looks for a car.
    if he is lucky (luck: what happens when preparation and foresight, meet opportunity), he won't need a car.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

if he is lucky (luck: what happens when preparation and foresight, meet opportunity), he won't need a car.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    A piece of land trumps a car purchase any day as land appreciates. Kahit hulugan mo yan, it appreciates and come time to sell it after a few years, the amount appreciated would normally be more than the amount used to purchase it in the first place especially if the piece of land you bought is in a high growth area. It's an investment. An investment is something that generates money over time. A car purchase on the other hand is not and will never be an investment, unless used for business.

Say Mr. A and Mr. B both mortgaged a car. Can you say Mr. A with a Vios, with his own home small as it may be, is better off than Mr. B with a Fortuner, but without his own home and simply renting? If an emergency strikes both Mr. A and Mr. B, you can be damn well sure Mr. B will be the one crying himself to sleep each night when he has to decide whether to default on his Fortuner payments or to quit renting. Worst case scenario: bye bye Fortuner and bye bye roof. Kaya mo ba tumira sa kotse? This is why don't get people who buy big cars first before buying their own home. Marami kasi ganyan na katulad ni Mr. B. Mr. A on the other hand will have more breathing room on his Vios, being less expensive. Worst case scenario, if he does default on his Vios payments, he still has a roof on top of his head. A roof on top of your head is a basic need. A car is not.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Swertihan din Paps, like kung ang nabili mo ay agri land at binuy out ka ng malaking developer siguro, or kung nakabili ka ng mga tipong Ayala developments in the 80s. May subd lot ako bought eons ago na maski maibenta ko sa fair market value ay talo pa ako sa cost of money. Yung tinitirhan ko ngayon ganun din, not much appreciation, mahal pa ng amilyar. Pero yung kotse ko nung nagre rent pa lang ako ng apartment malaki naitulong sa amin mag-asawa na both working, to the point na instrumental sya to our financial growth. Yun nga lang beterano ako ng 3 used cars bago naka afford mag brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    A piece of land trumps a car purchase any day as land appreciates. Kahit hulugan mo yan, it appreciates and come time to sell it after a few years, the amount appreciated would normally be more than the amount used to purchase it in the first place especially if the piece of land you bought is in a high growth area.

Swertihan din Paps, like kung ang nabili mo ay agri land at binuy out ka ng malaking developer siguro, or kung nakabili ka ng mga tipong Ayala developments in the 80s. May subd lot ako bought eons ago na maski maibenta ko sa fair market value ay talo pa ako sa cost of money. Yung tinitirhan ko ngayon ganun din, not much appreciation, mahal pa ng amilyar. Pero yung kotse ko nung nagre rent pa lang ako ng apartment malaki naitulong sa amin mag-asawa na both working, to the point na instrumental sya to our financial growth. Yun nga lang beterano ako ng 3 used cars bago naka afford mag brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    A piece of land trumps a car purchase any day as land appreciates. Kahit hulugan mo yan, it appreciates and come time to sell it after a few years, the amount appreciated would normally be more than the amount used to purchase it in the first place especially if the piece of land you bought is in a high growth area.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

it depends, siguro..
    buying real estate so you can have a house to live in, is one thing..
    buying real estate for investment and/or income, is another thing.
    and knowing what to do with "stagnant money" is something totally alien to many people.

but for the majority, i think #1 and #3 apply..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    When I was young I always thought that everyone who has a car is really a rich man 😄 who does not encounter any financial problem....damn i was wrong! 😢

7. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    I used to think that way too. In the 70s growing up in a provincial town, I could literally count the cars with my fingers in my left hand. One of them was a Gran Torino owned by a retired US Navy serviceman and the other an Opel Berlina. The third one was a "Sakbayan", a local version of the Beetle with pointy corners, that was used as a mobile patrol car by the police. I don't remember the others, or perhaps I don't because there were really no other cars then.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    yung officemate ko bumili 2nd hand jazz thru AMA bank (IIRC)
    sobrang taas daw interest, dapat daw brandnew nalang
    2 years daw sya nag skyflakes, pero never naman namburaot ng yosi kasi bisyo daw yun
    That's good kasi may kasamang sacrifice, papayat siya and he will look good with the car, as the car will complement him

Problem nowadays is we see a lot of beefed up picks-ups, fj cruisers, suvs, tapos pag bumaba ang owner, ang laki-laki ng tyan with machine washed clothes na sobrang luwag at losyang.

halatang - halata na inuubos ang per sa sasakyan. Pero sa sarili tinitipid na lang sa pagkain.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

Been there done that. There's no such thing as a wise investment in life., coz you're bound to protect your investment at the expense of yourself.

Ang maipapayo ko lang sa young people of this forum. Travel travel stick your neck sa travel and resist the urge of spending big expenses sa mga superficial things like suvs, condos, and other finer things ln life,

Travel will improve your mind and aura and it will prepare you for the unseen and in the always changing tastes and wants of the future. Observe cultures, feel life and enhance your senses in these things.

Dont follow those older people who have only bur material things to brag and happiness from. Tignan, nyo, try to ask them personally, makikita mga taong yan hindi pa din satisfied sa buhay nila, and they just resort to that addiction cycle of buying new things to justify their existence,

It's a good thing, im only 40 when I relazied this, others are 60 and 65 before they realize that their lives were just a cycle of buying possessions.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Para sakin basta masaya ka sa binabayaran mo ng monthly for years ayos yan. But pag di ka masaya sa binabayaran mo every month at para magka kotse kalang ay wag nalang....

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast