New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Kung minsan naawa ako sa mga kabataan ngaun trying to reach those big SUvs status tapos ang laki ng monthly. Grabe din ang inflation ngaun so i'm just wondering how they survive. Pero kelangan ma-boost sng self-esteem nila eh, dumandaan din naman tayo dyan but it's just too expensive and costly to further once self-esteem nowadays .

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    When I bought a car two years ago, I really took a lot of time thinking about this big purchase. Even my girlfriend was getting impatient and was complaining that I just wanted to visit all dealers but don't want to buy one. I waited and waited until I got a great deal. A 100k discount at 50% dp. I bought the car that I really loved. I always tell my friends and colleagues just to be patient. No need to buy a car for social status. Do not decide immediately. Do not be pressured by whatever the dealer says. Dont believe them if they say that the car that you are buying the last piece. It might be true but don't fall for that trick. Do not buy a car if you don't have a rainy day money. Haggle and haggle. A car purchase is a big spending.

Never ever think that the car that you are buying is an investment. Investment lang if manchichicks ka. Pero if you don't have money to treat her to a good dinner and night out, bale wala lang

3. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by RandMcnally View Post
    When I bought a car two years ago, I really took a lot of time thinking about this big purchase. Even my girlfriend was getting impatient and was complaining that I just wanted to visit all dealers but don't want to buy one. I waited and waited until I got a great deal. A 100k discount at 50% dp. I bought the car that I really loved. I always tell my friends and colleagues just to be patient. No need to buy a car for social status. Do not decide immediately. Do not be pressured by whatever the dealer says. Dont believe them if they say that the car that you are buying the last piece. It might be true but don't fall for that trick. Do not buy a car if you don't have a rainy day money. Haggle and haggle. A car purchase is a big spending.

Never ever think that the car that you are buying is an investment. Investment lang if manchichicks ka. Pero if you don't have money to treat her to a good dinner and night out, bale wala lang
    I totally agree! Karamihan po kasi yun wants ang inuuna kesa sa needs nila. May feeling of yabang o inggit factor kasi ibang tao. Sila ang madaling maging victims of the low dp schemes. Realizing it only when it's too late. When i am buying i always ask myself first it i really NEED it and most importantly can i AFFORD it. If i can answer yes to these two questions with my wife's approval then i go and buy it. Whether big or small purchase i make sure it's a NEED than a WANT.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^In the case of modern vehicles, a big factor to be considered is not just BUYING but also OWNING the car. It is true that we may have the budget to buy (DP plus monthly payments) a vehicle but the daily expenses associated with OWNING needs to be factored in. There is fuel, toll, cleaning, and most importantly MAINTENANCE needs of the vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Puro negative vibes naman ang thread na to obviously because of the topic itself of banks repossessing cars when you default the payment. On the other hand, mas pumogi ako nung nagka kotse ako. I must say na BONUs na lang yung social status but my main reason for getting a car is to enroll sa Uber. :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    ^^^In the case of modern vehicles, a big factor to be considered is not just BUYING but also OWNING the car. It is true that we may have the budget to buy (DP plus monthly payments) a vehicle but the daily expenses associated with OWNING needs to be factored in. There is fuel, toll, cleaning, and most importantly MAINTENANCE needs of the vehicle.
    Don't forget parking. You can get a smaller car to save on fuel, you can sell your car after 4-5 years to avoid maintenace costs...but you will still need to park your car somewhere.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Don't forget parking. You can get a smaller car to save on fuel, you can sell your car after 4-5 years to avoid maintenace costs...but you will still need to park your car somewhere.
    This. This. This. One of our neighbors only has two parking slots and they park their two other cars outside. When they have a guest, their guest sometimes parks in front of our house. We already complained before and they fired back that we have more cars. That wasn't the point because all our cars are parked inside the house. We never ever park a single car outside our house. I really hope they implement that law which will prevent those without parking to buy cars. They do this in Japan and the police personally visit your place to see if you have a parking slot for the new car you wish to purchase. Then again, people may just buy cars from other people to circumvent this.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Very true! It is a welcome perk if your job offers free parking. If you live in a condo, a parking slot is a separate property space to buy or rent from the condo admin.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Actually, there is this process that you have to at least own all types of cars for the desire to fade away, if you are a car guy,

I've had sedans, Cuvs, 4x4 Pickups, Diesel Crossover, Mid-Size SUV and the 2M+ SUV. i even drove an American Van for a year, hand me down hehe. Kelangan nyo talaga pag daanan yun to kill the urge coz you'll always wonder

The problem nga lang ngaun is these cars are very expensive na, so good luck.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post

Tapos pag nakita mo pag nag lunch skyflakes na lang kinakain tapos pati yosi nila hinihinge pa.
    yung officemate ko bumili 2nd hand jazz thru AMA bank (IIRC)
    sobrang taas daw interest, dapat daw brandnew nalang
    2 years daw sya nag skyflakes, pero never naman namburaot ng yosi kasi bisyo daw yun

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast