New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Bilib talaga ako sa malakas ang loob mag loan, lalo na yung 20% down. I really want an SUV but I was only given 1M max budget by my family for my car. I would have to pay for the difference if I wanted a more expensive car so that meant I had to loan at least 300k if I wanted an SUV. I opted for a sedan, at least I have no debt to worry about. Minsan pag umuulan or pag may dinadaanan ako na baha, iniisip ko sana I loaned the 300k na lang. Pero pag naiisip ko na yung interest and monthly, I don't feel so bad anymore.
    Where I work, some people change their rides every 2 years. I was thinking, ang dami naman pera nitong mga ito. Yung pala, they have the car financed & when the time comes that they sell it, buyer just pays them the down payment they paid for the car & assumes the balance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Every 4 years in my case. Yung pinagbilihan ko ng car yun din ang down payment ko sa next car. So if I sell the car at 50-60% of its brand new price yun din ang down payment ko sa replacement nya. Halos parehas din kasi kung tutuusin, mabilis na ang depreciation after the first 3 years and you will lose almost the same amount of money (adjusted to inflation) if you keep the car as against buying a new one and paying amortization on it. The argument against this is of course is if you don't buy a new one then you can always save the money instead in the bank. But then as I said you lose later when you sell that car for only 20% of its original value. Since I meet my savings goal naman then I just allow myself this luxury of having a new car every 4 years.

The only time I put a 20% down is if it is a totally new purchase, like dati 2 cars lang nagdagdag ako ng isa. But now I am going to sell 2 and get 1, minimal money out na ko sa replacement car.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Bilib talaga ako sa malakas ang loob mag loan, lalo na yung 20% down. I really want an SUV but I was only given 1M max budget by my family for my car. I would have to pay for the difference if I wanted a more expensive car so that meant I had to loan at least 300k if I wanted an SUV. I opted for a sedan, at least I have no debt to worry about. Minsan pag umuulan or pag may dinadaanan ako na baha, iniisip ko sana I loaned the 300k na lang. Pero pag naiisip ko na yung interest and monthly, I don't feel so bad anymore.
    You should've took it. 300k for a 2-3 year loan is nothing.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentos View Post
    pansin ko lang ang daming repo na ford everest lalo na sa list ng PSBANK, ano kayang reason, is it the car or the capability of the loaner pero bakit andami naman kesa sa ibang SUV...anong sa palagay nyu mga paps?
    one possibility is... all those everests are/were loaned by just one entity.. fleet service siguro.. then something happened, and company decided to give up the vehicles in one fell swoop.

besides, those vehicles are so ... large... they easily stand out in the crowd of smaller vehicles.. baka naman they only look more plentiful than they actually were..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RandMcnally View Post
    Marami talaga nagogoyo sa low DP. Even some of my colleagues na medyo bata bata pa. Sa kagustuhan magkakotse, gagawa ng rason bakit kailangan nila ng kotse at all cost. Tapos kapag bayaran na ng monthly, makikita mo di rin nila magamit yung kotse kasi mas mura magcommute kaysa magdala at magbayad ng parking. Ang taas kasi ng monthly nila tapos ubos rin pera

That is why I always tell my younger colleagues not to be enticed with low DP.

Tapos pag nakita mo pag nag lunch skyflakes na lang kinakain tapos pati yosi nila hinihinge pa.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post

Tapos pag nakita mo pag nag lunch skyflakes na lang kinakain tapos pati yosi nila hinihinge pa.
    ganun ako when i was younger hehe. learned my lesson the hard way. at that time interest rates were 15% or more a year. guilty rin ako.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ganun ako when i was younger hehe. learned my lesson the hard way. at that time interest rates were 15% or more a year. guilty rin ako.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

well, i was warned.
    so i settled for a used car.
    but that car was a headache.., even as it did cost cheaper than a new car, considering the fixin's i spent on..
    i should have gotten the VW instead.. at least that one, we could DIY..
    oh well...
    Last edited by dr. d; September 16th, 2015 at 01:04 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Really? Akala ko sa motorcycle forum lang meron ganyan. Peace Di naman makatulog kung ano sunod na i-mod...

Really? Akala ko sa motorcycle forum lang meron ganyan. Peace Di naman makatulog kung ano sunod na i-mod...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I remember before, i was just a start-up staff at a local bank. I tried to apply for a loan under those low d/p schemes for a 1st-Gen Everest m/t just to see the process. Na-approve pa ako. :rofl:

If i took that deal i would have been repoed by the first month.

I remember before, i was just a start-up staff at a local bank. I tried to apply for a loan under those low d/p schemes for a 1st-Gen Everest m/t just to see the process. Na-approve pa ako. :rofl:

If i took that deal i would have been repoed by the first month.
    Almost got hooked a few years back, 99k All in DP at 33k a month for 60 months. Buti na lang tinamad ako bumalik para magpasa ng requirements.

When I started lurking at tsikot, got some reality check na masyadong mabigat at 33k a month for the next 5 years. Decided to save for a couple more of years before I made my purchase. It was worth the wait. It was still a risk, but a more calculated one.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by boytsiks View Post
    Almost got hooked a few years back, 99k All in DP at 33k a month for 60 months. Buti na lang tinamad ako bumalik para magpasa ng requirements.

When I started lurking at tsikot, got some reality check na masyadong mabigat at 33k a month for the next 5 years. Decided to save for a couple more of years before I made my purchase. It was worth the wait. It was still a risk, but a more calculated one.

I recently applied for a new loan( well a few months ago to be precise) just finished paying my last loan which is due this august, pero i paid up earlier, like june, whilst doing some window shopping for a new car i was already approved in 3 banks, i was waiting for a promo which metrobank usually gives mid year, its their " no chattel, free one year insurance " promo, which saves me around 80k in fees, then a friend from security bank told me they also have the same promo, sent my requirements via email, within 2hrs i was being C.I-ed, the following day i was approved, on top of that, subaru had a mid year discount of 80k on forester 2.0xt(they have a minor change on their units, like shark fin antenne, avt HU, well who needs an antenne, im ok with a HK HU), asked for a qoute, then showed it to another dealer, then another one, until someone gave a discount of 120k...so all in all, i saved 200k , btw downpayment is 50%... Paying roughly only 18k a month, moral of the story is its all bout timing( dont buy a car on january, do so pag enrollment period) and do haggle, dont decide when emotions are high, lalo na after a test drive, do the math and make a large downpayment if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by boytsiks View Post

I recently applied for a new loan( well a few months ago to be precise) just finished paying my last loan which is due this august, pero i paid up earlier, like june, whilst doing some window shopping for a new car i was already approved in 3 banks, i was waiting for a promo which metrobank usually gives mid year, its their " no chattel, free one year insurance " promo, which saves me around 80k in fees, then a friend from security bank told me they also have the same promo, sent my requirements via email, within 2hrs i was being C.I-ed, the following day i was approved, on top of that, subaru had a mid year discount of 80k on forester 2.0xt(they have a minor change on their units, like shark fin antenne, avt HU, well who needs an antenne, im ok with a HK HU), asked for a qoute, then showed it to another dealer, then another one, until someone gave a discount of 120k...so all in all, i saved 200k , btw downpayment is 50%... Paying roughly only 18k a month, moral of the story is its all bout timing( dont buy a car on january, do so pag enrollment period) and do haggle, dont decide when emotions are high, lalo na after a test drive, do the math and make a large downpayment if possible.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast