New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaparter View Post
    Reasonable kilometer reading sir. At 63k, if it were some other truck, you would have spent more than that. Kudos to you.
    My 4x2 Nav is past 80k and the same age of sir RNAs Dmax. Only one major Engine problem encountered (not even related to fuel) was the sliding alternator cutch-bearing. All others are minor including shocks that i didnt bother to replace until now because ride is still fine (maybe im waiting for the shocks to fall off.. lolz)

Maintenance wise, i can say that its cheap and will be cheaper if you use cheap parts.(i use only the best parts that i could find). One thing i liked is the dual fuel filter (most nissans do), that makes it more tolerant to fuel problems. After my warrenty expired, i did myself all the required PMS and latest was change of fluids. Front brake pads have been replaced once by me, while the rear shoes is still 70%..

Althought it is now seldomly used for farm duties, its been an alternate vehicle for long drives usually 7-12 hrs and the reason for logging high ODO. No chip, no shims, engine is still virgin except for the blanked EGR and oil-catch can Mod that i made.

I know an LGU that have fleet of Navara.. Odo clocking at 50+k kms and it never received any PMS from casa.. You know how these govt people use the utilities - basta makagamit hangat hindi tumitirik, kung sino-sino ang driver.. At one time nag limp mode dahil yung filter kasing itim na ng gulong..hahaha.. Driver took off the filter and drove back.. I think that engine will die very very soon..

What i think is that, stock-to-stock all makes should last basta alaga sa PMS.. And because CRDI engines are sensitive to dirt, mas may advantage ang may good filtering system.. Malas na lang kung lemon..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    ^ Good luck in your final pick, sir.
    Thank you sir.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    My 4x2 Nav is past 80k and the same age of sir RNAs Dmax. Only one major Engine problem encountered (not even related to fuel) was the sliding alternator cutch-bearing. All others are minor including shocks that i didnt bother to replace until now because ride is still fine (maybe im waiting for the shocks to fall off.. lolz)

Maintenance wise, i can say that its cheap and will be cheaper if you use cheap parts.(i use only the best parts that i could find). One thing i liked is the dual fuel filter (most nissans do), that makes it more tolerant to fuel problems. After my warrenty expired, i did myself all the required PMS and latest was change of fluids. Front brake pads have been replaced once by me, while the rear shoes is still 70%..

Althought it is now seldomly used for farm duties, its been an alternate vehicle for long drives usually 7-12 hrs and the reason for logging high ODO. No chip, no shims, engine is still virgin except for the blanked EGR and oil-catch can Mod that i made.

I know an LGU that have fleet of Navara.. Odo clocking at 50+k kms and it never received any PMS from casa.. You know how these govt people use the utilities - basta makagamit hangat hindi tumitirik, kung sino-sino ang driver.. At one time nag limp mode dahil yung filter kasing itim na ng gulong..hahaha.. Driver took off the filter and drove back.. I think that engine will die very very soon..

What i think is that, stock-to-stock all makes should last basta alaga sa PMS.. And because CRDI engines are sensitive to dirt, mas may advantage ang may good filtering system.. Malas na lang kung lemon..

thank you for your reply sir.

Really? nissan uses dual fuel filtration devices? i was actually wondering if my old toyota truck can be installed with one, yun pala standard on most nissans (diesel) ang dual fuel filter.

sir what is a blank egr btw?

thanks in advance!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I see, sensitive na talaga mga modern diesel engines.

thanks sir, im really considering gettinga dmax
    Would suggest the new Ford Ranger, Toyota Hilux or Mitsubishi Strada.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Really? nissan uses dual fuel filtration devices? i was actually wondering if my old toyota truck can be installed with one, yun pala standard on most nissans (diesel) ang dual fuel filter.

thanks in advance!
    Non-CRDI usually won't mind the dirty diesels.. Not unless babad talaga sa tubig at nag corrode ang internals.. Spain built Navara only have 1 fuel filter.. Thai units are tropicalized using 2 filters-water separator and main filter..

Blanked EGR mod - http://tsikot.com/forums/nissan-cars.../index124.html
    Filters - http://tsikot.com/forums/engine-fuel...9/index11.html

Goodluck in your search, balitaan mo kami.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009

thanks in advance!
    Non CRDI engine are not that sensitive to bad fuel, basta wag lang babd sa water contamination at corroded na ang internals.. Regular replacement of filters would do fine.

EGR blanking - http://tsikot.com/forums/nissan-cars.../index124.html
    Dual Filters - http://tsikot.com/forums/engine-fuel...9/index11.html

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    QUOTE=toyotaparter

thanks in advance!
    Non CRDI engine are not that sensitive to bad fuel, basta wag lang babad sa water contamination at corroded na ang internals.. Regular replacement of filters would do fine.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    QUOTE=toyotaparter

thanks in advance!
    Non CRDI engine are not that sensitive to bad fuel, basta wag lang babad sa water contamination at corroded na ang internals.. Regular replacement of filters would do fine.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    *12vdc

sorry for the late reply as ive lost this thread, just found it again. thanks for the link too

* ALL

ive decided to go with the isuzu dmax. from what i hear isuzu is also very good with rust. As i plan to keep the pickup FOREVER (or basta its still very useable) i think this will be a more practical choice :-) thank you all for your kind replies.
    Last edited by toyotaparter; March 16th, 2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: wrong post

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *12vdc

sorry for the late reply as ive lost this thread, just found it again. thanks for the link too

* ALL

ive decided to go with the isuzu dmax. from what i hear isuzu is also very good with rust. As i plan to keep the pickup FOREVER (or basta its still very useable) i think this will be a more practical choice :-) thank you all for your kind replies.
    Very good choice bro. Have fun with your ride!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast