New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 77
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    74
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    How did he get this FC? Driving downhill?

    I actually wouldn't expect a D-Max to run more than 18kmpl, altough 15kmpl would be more reasonable for freeway-driving. In city traffic 10kmpl might be reasonable.
    18kpl sounds decent.

    but ofcourse, mas mataas ng km/liter, mas maganda hehe I dont know how he got that, or if kinabitan ba ng unichip yung dmax niya to achieve that kind of FC. pero meron ding recent news that a DMax reached up to 24 kilometers per liter D-Max runs 1,844 kms on one full tank | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online , but then again, ito na yung highest recorded FC ng DMax. maybe for the average person hindi talaga makakaabot ng ganun.

  2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaparter View Post
    18kpl sounds decent.

    but ofcourse, mas mataas ng km/liter, mas maganda hehe I dont know how he got that, or if kinabitan ba ng unichip yung dmax niya to achieve that kind of FC. pero meron ding recent news that a DMax reached up to 24 kilometers per liter D-Max runs 1,844 kms on one full tank | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online , but then again, ito na yung highest recorded FC ng DMax. maybe for the average person hindi talaga makakaabot ng ganun.
    Ah yes bro. That is with the 2.5L 4JA1-L D-Max on an eco run so mostly highway driving through the provinces with speeds mostly around 60-80km/h. An insanely frugal engine + large 76 liter tank = humongous Honda Jazz humiliating 1844kms range. But then with a D-Max 3.0L M/T, you should still be getting excellent gas mileage. If you installed a chip you would be getting even better performance and gas mileage.

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    399
    #33
    For pure city driving, 10 km/ltr sounds reasonable for an ordinary city driving. 18km/liter for highway driving naman. This features are based on bone stock diesel powered pick up truck na manual(in any brand)

  4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    399
    #34
    We have to take in consideration that this eco run was organized by isuzu phils and the vehicles used were also isuzu phils owned. Unlike with the previous isuzu eco run, isuzu owners were given a chance to join the contest where in we can take the average of all the competitors to get a decent figure. Since the dmax used comes with a computer box, its was configured to optimized fuel efficiency over performance plus there were settings which is not applicable for daily drive like high tire pressure, minimized aircon usage and low rpm shifting. Im not quite sure with regards to weight trimming though, anong puede trim down sa dmax? Magaang na yun dmax among other brands.

  5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #35
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI125 View Post
    We have to take in consideration that this eco run was organized by isuzu phils and the vehicles used were also isuzu phils owned. Unlike with the previous isuzu eco run, isuzu owners were given a chance to join the contest where in we can take the average of all the competitors to get a decent figure. Since the dmax used comes with a computer box, its was configured to optimized fuel efficiency over performance plus there were settings which is not applicable for daily drive like high tire pressure, minimized aircon usage and low rpm shifting. Im not quite sure with regards to weight trimming though, anong puede trim down sa dmax? Magaang na yun dmax among other brands.
    That particular D-Max, being a 4JA1 unit, has no computer box. AFAIK the aircon was set to 1 for the entire trip. Low rpm shifting, you can adapt on your daily driving.

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    399
    #36
    My bad, i thought they used DMAX LX model which comes with a 4JJI engine.

  7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #37
    The LX 4x4 used the 4JJ1 engine. By the way, can anyone here find the results of the D-Max 3.0? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I know both the LX 4x2 and LS 4x2 M/T participated.

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    74
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ah yes bro. That is with the 2.5L 4JA1-L D-Max on an eco run so mostly highway driving through the provinces with speeds mostly around 60-80km/h. An insanely frugal engine + large 76 liter tank = humongous Honda Jazz humiliating 1844kms range. But then with a D-Max 3.0L M/T, you should still be getting excellent gas mileage. If you installed a chip you would be getting even better performance and gas mileage.

    i respectfully disagree mga sir.

    the Dmax LX uses the same 3.0 liter engine as the Dmax LS. The only Dmax with the Crosswind 2.5 liter 4JA1 engine is the Dmax LT 4x2. Because the Dmax LT 4x4 uses the 4JJ1 already

  9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    74
    #39
    "The D-Max LX is powered by a 3.0 liter CRDi tubo diesel engine. It has a 76-liter tank capacity, giving the impressive distance of 24.26 kilometers per liter of fuel."

    - The Manila Bulletin

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    399
    #40
    Sir GTi, alam ko rin LX models comes with 4JJI engine both 4x2 and 4x4.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

4x2 Pickup DMax/Strada/Hilux/Ranger Debate. daily drive rig