New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Thank you for all the comments and insights. After evaluating everything, which included test-driving a co-worker's Zenix, I've decided to go with the 2024 Innova G 2.8 A/T.

Main reasons I chose the "G":
    1. Ladder-frame robustness
    2. RWD
    3. Significantly more powerful engine which can still be economical at a press of a button
    4. Being the last MMC of this generation, most or all of the bugs and kinks from the earlier iterations have been worked out

I've had my 1st gen 2016 Innova for close to 9 years (bought in mid-2015) and have had zero powertrain and suspension problems aside from having to replace the alternator pulley and other consumable parts (ie. brakes, tires, battery). There's not even a kalampag to speak of. This was also the last MMC of its generation and I can attribute to that the trouble-free experience I had with it.

I will miss out on the latest tech on the Zenix for sure, but it is substantially weaker than its predecessor in most other respects, IMO.
    Choice I would have made as well.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Is it just too early to tell or is the Zenix turning out to be a flop? They came out last year (2023) with great fanfare but a year later, I can only see 1 or 2 on the road in a week.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Is it just too early to tell or is the Zenix turning out to be a flop? They came out last year (2023) with great fanfare but a year later, I can only see 1 or 2 on the road in a week.
    I heard hybrid models are very hard to purchase...

most units na nakikita are non-hybrids

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I haven't seen even one outside of their showrooms

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I've seen a couple of Zenix's around in QC and both were the hybrid kind. One in South Triangle and another in Solaire North (different colors so I was sure these were different cars).

What is not going well for the Zenix's saleability is the price as the base is already over 1.6M and that's not even the hybrid kind.

My thoughts are that they should not have released the non-Hybrid Zenix at all. They can market it as a more premiere "green" option, make it more distinct as a product line, and just limit the SKU's released.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    I think they should have made an "E" hybrid with 8 seats as the Entry Level variant

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    My rough guess is that the outgoing 2nd gen Innova is still in high demand and is cannibalizing the sales of the Zenix.

In my mind (arguably, others too), I think of the Innova brand is known to be something that is decently refined, rugged, powerful, reliable.... not to mention Diesel-powered (for the most part).

To me, the Zenix is a totally different vehicle and the only thing going for it is really just the slightly bigger interior space, a few more creature comforts, and a hybrid option.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    My rough guess is that the outgoing 2nd gen Innova is still in high demand and is cannibalizing the sales of the Zenix.

In my mind (arguably, others too), I think of the Innova brand is known to be something that is decently refined, rugged, powerful, reliable.... not to mention Diesel-powered (for the most part).

To me, the Zenix is a totally different vehicle and the only thing going for it is really just the slightly bigger interior space, a few more creature comforts, and a hybrid option.
    reminds me of the Revo vs (1st Gen) Innova

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010

I am fairly certain that the 2nd gen Innova will still be in high demand deep into the 2020's. It might probably still be marketable even in the early 2030's.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004

One factor is it's only captain seats for the 2nd row ... another could be the gasoline engine ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast