New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Wait for the Mazda CX-9 ... then decide ...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The upcoming CX9 with the new SkyActiv 2.5L turbo gas engine will be something to consider if you can wait for it. If only HondaPH priced the Pilot within the same range as these vehicles, it is another good choice but they priced it locally around the same as the Ford Expedition Platinum Ecoboost and a discounted VW Touareg V6 TDI.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    On a different note, why the need for another SUV when you already have an Everest? How about a Lexus IS350? It's a really nice ride for the same price as the Pajero and Explorer 2.3L. You can ferry 5 people comfortably on the city and spoil yourself once in a while with some RWD fun driving.
    as much as i have always eyed the f sport, we wouldnt fit in it unless im the one driving so sedans are out.. will have to make do with my old e90 whenever i feel the urge to drive.. but maybe when my kids are off to college!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    as much as i have always eyed the f sport, we wouldnt fit in it unless im the one driving so sedans are out.. will have to make do with my old e90 whenever i feel the urge to drive.. but maybe when my kids are off to college!
    Well, well, well, that E90 will do for your personal enjoyment. I guess you are looking for a more refined 7-seater family vehicle. As much as the Pajero has the heritage and the more outdoor-oriented capability, the Explorer is the better car for city rides. Or as suggested above, you can wait for the Mazda CX9. 3 years of free maintenance cost is definitely worth the consideration for the CX9.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Curious lang bro, why are you considering to sell your Everest only after 1 year of ownership? Reason of parking space might only be secondary reason.

BTT, between the Pajero and Explorer, best you test drive both. Personally, I would go for Explorer as you already have diesel Everest (kind of redundant with a Pajero).

But if you will open to other options, give the Mazda CX-9 a test drive as well. Among Pajero, Exporer, and CX-9, I would lean towards the CX-9 for better value overall.

Good luck! Let us know what you choose in the end.
    hmm in answering your question, no diss to the everest owners or to the car itself because it is a very good car and very fuel efficient, it is not classified as a "premium" suv. i must admit that sometimes im guilty of being brand or model conscious but dont get me wrong i like it and actually 1 of the first few who got one(titanium 4x2 only.. nov 2015) but no matter what set up i put in it, still not satisfied.
    mazda cx9? havent given it much thought because thinking of the resale value like i said after 6 yrs but will check it out. tnx

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Well, well, well, that E90 will do for your personal enjoyment. I guess you are looking for a more refined 7-seater family vehicle. As much as the Pajero has the heritage and the more outdoor-oriented capability, the Explorer is the better car for city rides. Or as suggested above, you can wait for the Mazda CX9. 3 years of free maintenance cost is definitely worth the consideration for the CX9.
    nailed it.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    The upcoming CX9 with the new SkyActiv 2.5L turbo gas engine will be something to consider if you can wait for it. If only HondaPH priced the Pilot within the same range as these vehicles, it is another good choice but they priced it locally around the same as the Ford Expedition Platinum Ecoboost and a discounted VW Touareg V6 TDI.
    will check it tnx. wonder when it will come out

8. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    You have an Everest already which is already a diesel SUV and which can compete with the Pajero.

Get the explorer for the more modern ammenities, tech toys, paddle shifters, panoramic sunroof and ultimately more powerful engine. Gas shouldnt be an issue

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    noted.. tnx

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    +1 for CX-9 if you could wait for one. Here's a review comparing it to the other 3 row crossovers.

2016 Mazda CX 9 Review and Road Test | DETAILED in 4K UHD! - YouTube

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    left field choice, sell the everest first then get a prado albeit gas only. diesel variant i think is out of budget

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast