New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    hi guys. now ready to get a new suv after the hectic holidays. pajero vs explorer 2.3. same price, i like both their looks.. concerns:
    pajero: since it is going to be discontinued, im wondering about maintenance or parts availability down the road as i plan to keep it for about 6yrs. on the other hand, being discontinued, it would mean it will never get outdated as against a newer model pajero. of course pajero's durability is proven so thats also a plus vs. its design and interiors which is admittedly old already.

explorer: old issues such as FC(sold my 07 explorer last year after getting an everest) or ford service and reliability although did not personally experience any probs with my explorer before except for the aircon. but again the looks and the interiors of the explorer are so much more refined that FC concerns are easily overlooked. am just thinking that by late next year, a new look/model explorer will come out so it will become outdated as against the newer model. while with the pajero, this wont happen..
    if it would matter, we currently have 3 cars: e90, mirage g4, 16 everest.. probably sell the everest as 2suvs will be tight for our 3 car garage. dont want to parkanymore on the street like what happened before parang bilis mag fade ng paint.

pardon the lengthy post but have been thinking about this since oct and i cant seem to decide. thanks in advance!
    I'd go for the Pajero, especially now that it has the VGT 4M41. This means lots of tuning potential, besides giving decent gas mileage. I don't know about you, but I like the idea of going fast but not having to think about fuel costs. 😁 The Pajero is also one of the best in holding its resale value, something to consider if this car isn't for keeps.

Of course for sheer on-road driving enjoyment, the Explorer has it beat. So if that is your main consideration, what are you waiting for? If a new model comes out and tickles your fancy, swap it in! 😂

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Mazda cx-9 :d

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    hmm in answering your question, no diss to the everest owners or to the car itself because it is a very good car and very fuel efficient, it is not classified as a "premium" suv. i must admit that sometimes im guilty of being brand or model conscious but dont get me wrong i like it and actually 1 of the first few who got one(titanium 4x2 only.. nov 2015) but no matter what set up i put in it, still not satisfied.
    mazda cx9? havent given it much thought because thinking of the resale value like i said after 6 yrs but will check it out. tnx
    i got the pajero, the previous model explorer and the ranger wildtrak 2016. can't say about the new explorers but its probably expensive to maintain.

with my pajero and my ranger wildtrak. I love the wildtrak more coz of it's toys pero biten and 3.2L engine nyan compare to my Pajero. problem with Pajero mabigat, it's old. i assume the everest is lighter to drive than the ranger kasi multilink coil springs yan eh yun ranger leaf springs pa din

i'd say keep your everest and get the pajero. I always like to think my Pajero is m very own Land Rover, pang - safari talaga. and it's being a considered a classic na din interms of real offroading.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    being discontinued, it would mean it will never get outdated as against a newer model pajero. of course pajero's durability is proven so thats also a plus vs. its design and interiors which is admittedly old already.
    In my opinion a next gen pajero will likely happen for the asia pacific region. Im guessing 2020/21 is the release date.

Mitsubishi will not miss on this suv trend. Even Nissan is developing its own ladder based suv for our region(different segment though)(2018)

They just cant say it yet, otherwise their hardly selling Pajero will sell even harder.

I think they might use the Pajero Sport chasis. And make it as big and expensive as the Prado with an engine related to the 4n15. Or they will use the QX80 platform-double wishbone front and rear from the Patrol.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    There is no more next gen Pajero ... it has been discontined ... along with the Lancer and Galant ...

The Pajero is dead, says Mitsubishi CEO | Practical Motoring

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    1. Pajero
    2. Prado (if its the gas variant)

And, allow me to show you something from the dark side ..

27 Porsche Cayenne Turbo local PGA | *******

29s Porsche Cayenne S V8 | *******

7. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    1. Pajero
    2. Prado (if its the gas variant)

And, allow me to show you something from the dark side ..

27 Porsche Cayenne Turbo local PGA | *******

29s Porsche Cayenne S V8 | *******
    hahaha!!!!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Just saw this earlier. Pogi talaga:

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; January 30th, 2017 at 10:52 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    wow 3mos pala waiting time for the prado!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    wow 3mos pala waiting time for the prado!
    Really? My friend just got a V6 Prado late last year. Napadaan lang siya sa Toyota Pampanga because his MIL was buying a Hiace. Tapos inalok siya ng Prado and he bought it that same day.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast