New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    as much as the explorer was really my frontrunner before, the feedbacks in the ford explorer club is really discouraging hit or miss daw. looks like down to the pajero and gas fed prado. if the 3rd row folding seats of the pajero were not so outdated, closed book na.. now have to consider the more expensive prado. wonder when the new model/facelift of the prado is due, any ideas?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    beh,

Prado V6 na lang.

Yung fj ayaw mo mas mura.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Would you consider getting the top of the line Grand Santa Fe? At slightly less than the Pajero's price, it comes with all the bells and whistles. Matches the Pajero's engine in terms of power too. This combines the Pajero's advantage of a diesel engine and the Explorer's advantage of a unibody chassis. Makes for a good compromise IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Would you consider getting the top of the line Grand Santa Fe? At slightly less than the Pajero's price, it comes with all the bells and whistles. Matches the Pajero's engine in terms of power too. This combines the Pajero's advantage of a diesel engine and the Explorer's advantage of a unibody chassis. Makes for a good compromise IMHO.

o kaya yun Mazda CX5 skyactiv na diesel, 2M lang. lake tiped mo. ang na-discount ko sa mitsu sa pajero ko eh 300k noon. from 2.79M to 2.45M. ano na ba discount ngaun

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ Totally forgot about the Grand Santa Fe. It is one good-looking and good-performing 7-seater turbo diesel unibody SUV. Or you can consider its twin, the Kia Sorento CRDi AWD. These cars share the same platform and engine.

I never doubted the performance capabilities of the Santa Fe. It is quicker than the lot of PPVs available on the market. I have seen one zipping at 180kmh at NLEX a month ago.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    To me, the Grand Santa Fe looks cheap and definitely doesn't look as expensive as its price tag.

Couldn't care less if it had 500 horsepower and 1000 nm of torque. It certaintly doesn't have the same air of prestige as any of the other SUVs being considered.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    To me, the Grand Santa Fe looks cheap and definitely doesn't look as expensive as its price tag.

Couldn't care less if it had 500 horsepower and 1000 nm of torque. It certaintly doesn't have the same air of prestige as any of the other SUVs being considered.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Call it the Korean stigma. If Hyundai priced the Santa Fe around the same as the current of PPVs, it will get better sales. However, pricing it around the same as the Pajero and Explorer sure make some sales headache for Hyundai locally.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I hardly see any Grand Santa Fe's around, even though the 4x2 short wheelbase Santa Fe is selling pretty well. I suppose people here still aren't receptive to Korean cars being sold at this price range. Having driven a 2007, 2011 and 2013 Santa Fe, I have to say that I do not find it cheap at all. Engine pulls very, very well. Power delivery is very consistent without any noticeable lag. NVH and ride quality are excellent. Plastics used are not of the cheap variety, and switchgear used feels at home in a midsize sedan.

9. Join Date
    May 2016
    Don't bother with korean crossovers, bagsak resale value nyan in a few years. Iba pa rin tindig ng totoong SUV.

Kung sa dalawa, Pajero na lang, laking price diff sa Prado Gas, naka diesel ka pa. Kung Prado Diesel nasa price range malamang yun boto ko. Lamang Prado mas modern interior, mas off-road capable din pero di mo naman ioff road so ok lang, mas magaan din steering. Pajero mas biased on road monocoque chassis na. Google mo na lang review ng Australians. Yung third row check mo lang if may headrests, sa ibang bansa kasi meron, dito wala based sa brochures. Hindi ko lang nacheck in person.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Why would they remove the headrest? Brochure lng yan...

Anyways I saw a pajero flying over a speed breaker.. that rear suspension is amazing.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast