New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by iandvo View Post
    I read somewhere na pede sa mga pmvic for a certain fee. Ask mo seller if willing sya
    you would have to do it, anyway, should you purchase the car and want to transfer the ownership to your name.

would i agree to allow it and shoulder it, when i sell my car?
    probably not. "hassle."
    Last edited by dr. d; April 22nd, 2022 at 07:40 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    I read somewhere here that tampered odo can be detected by scanning using OBD scanner.
    I forgot the thread but when they scanned, they were able to identify that the car is already 100k+ mileage compared to 40k+ displayed in do.

Most vehicle computers store another set of odometer data separate from the odometer reading ...

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you would have to do it, anyway, should you purchase the car and want to transfer the ownership to your name.

would i agree to allow it and shoulder it, when i sell my car?
    probably not. "hassle."
    Yeah. As a seller, usual terms is as-is condition of vehicle when purchase was closed/done/made by the buyer of vehicle so having the PMVIC is just something a seller of personal vehicle wouldn't really need to do.

Perhaps some could argue differently for companies who sell used vehicles but since these could be stuck in their lots for months, how long would a buyer view the PMVIC document as valid? When a buyer wants its redone, it should be at his own dime and done after he acquires the vehicle then, right? (I'm saying this thought exercise if they are buying from a company not a direct buyer)

So maybe the deed of sale could have a clause about fraudulent acts if a buyer is so worried like say the tampered odometer added if the seller is willing to have it as part of the agreement. But if not, then no dice. Buyer will need to look for someone who is willing to add that clause, and most likely, it will be difficult.

I think you may argue your case with the DTI I believe if you dealt with a company though even when a sale is consummated and you found that the odo was tampered. I think that much you can prove with proper documentation and black and white paper trail of dialogue of selling company not wanting to refund/fix the issue.

I haven't personally done it for car purchases but I have had issues resolved through DTI but it was mainly claims against credit card company that wouldn't honor promos even after proper registration and following T&C.

Also had complaints against telephone provider monitored as cc email with NTC when dialogue with telco was going nowhere after 5 days. Was going nowhere so I sent email to DTI and NTC. DTI had no scope for telcos but DTI endorsed it to proper NTC Email/person/department.

All this done via email only until such a time they will call for a sitdown arbitration schedule.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the article i read, states that the emissions test result is good for a year.
    does that mean that should the used car be sold and exchanged ownership twice within a year, that initial emissions test result will be valid and useable for the first as well as the second LTO registration?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I'm sure it's not 1 year.. i think validity is only 60 days or 3 months..

the article i read, states that the emissions test result is good for a year.
    does that mean that should the used car be sold and exchanged ownership twice within a year, that initial emissions test result will be valid and useable for the first as well as the second LTO registration?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hmm so thru auction pa?

The basic premise is customers will bring in their used vehicle, have it assessed by trained personnel, and then it will be auctioned. The turnaround time from inspection to sale is five days, says AC Motors, compared to existing trade-in programs that take up to three months to complete a transaction.
    Ayala launches in-house trade-in program to help buyers upgrade to brand-new

https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/indu...-a960-20221019

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    hmm so thru auction pa?

Ayala launches in-house trade-in program to help buyers upgrade to brand-new

https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/indu...-a960-20221019
    i wonder,
    will they deal with non-ayala-associated brands as well?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Or will they get a better price than the low ball offers of in-house trade-in agents or buy and sell people?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Or will they get a better price than the low ball offers of in-house trade-in agents or buy and sell people?
    a knowledgeaeble person once confided in me:
    "doc, if you want to sell your used car, i can get you in contact with the bayan seller that the casa flips its trade-in cars to."

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    this is what I did when I sold my Avanza last 2016..

a knowledgeaeble person once confided in me:
    "doc, if you want to sell your used car, i can get you in contact with the bayan seller that the casa flips its trade-in cars to."