New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede kaya non appearance ang kotse sa TMG?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badGTS-R
    Pwede kaya non appearance ang kotse sa TMG?

pards, mukhang di pwede. kailangan kasing i macro-etch yung oto eh.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pardon my ignorance: :oops:
    1. The Transfer of Ownership is not a requirement to complete the sale of a motor vehicle, right? (The Deed of Sale would suffice, right?)
    2. Must the Transfer of Ownership procedure be undertaken by buyers of pre-owned vehicles before their vehicles can be registered? Is having the Deed of Sale not enough for registration purposes?

Thanks. :mrgreen:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29
    1. The Transfer of Ownership is not a requirement to complete the sale of a motor vehicle, right? (The Deed of Sale would suffice, right?)
    Not unless you want you car bear your name as the real owner of the car.

2. Must the Transfer of Ownership procedure be undertaken by buyers of pre-owned vehicles before their vehicles can be registered? Is having the Deed of Sale not enough for registration purposes?
    Normally the buyers handles this transfer of ownership....but a wise buyer should always ask a TMG clearance of the car from the seller....malay mo stollen vechicle pala yun...e kung ikaw ang napapaclear....at ito pala ay stollen...yari ka....confiscated na oto mo, nawalan ka pa ng pera, maiibistigahan ka pa at malamang me kaso ka pa for buying stolen car....

It is not necessary to transfer the ownership..but when you register or renew registration, it will still bear the name of the previous owner and not yours (or the new owner).

The deed of sale is just the proof that the previous owner is sold it to you...un ang magiging basis ng LTO and ng TMG that the car should be legally be transfered to your name na nga (and you're not stealing or borrowing that car para mapalipat ng ownership).

my 2 cents.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    i just have a question..

a friend of mine recently bought a second-hand car. the vehicle is due for registration next month. in addition, balak din niya magpa-change color next month.

in short, he has to do the following:

- CHANGE COLOR
    - CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP
    - REGISTRATION

balak nya pagsabayin lahat para isang lakaran na lang. ano po yung step-by-step procedure for this? what should he do first?

thanks, guys! :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by schizo
    i just have a question..

a friend of mine recently bought a second-hand car. the vehicle is due for registration next month. in addition, balak din niya magpa-change color next month.

in short, he has to do the following:

- CHANGE COLOR
    - CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP
    - REGISTRATION

balak nya pagsabayin lahat para isang lakaran na lang. ano po yung step-by-step procedure for this? what should he do first?

thanks, guys! :D
    schizo, your friend should get two clearances from TMG. First is for the change of color and the second is for the change of ownership. Then the rest of the procedure follows (LTO, etc.)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

a) yup. the deed of sale would suffice and it is not a requirement for registration
    b) nope, the process should follow the transaction (pag tapos na ang bayaran) pero you have to know the status of the car (just like what is posted here) before paying off. this means that it is the responsibility of the buyer to get a clearance from the TMG before the actual payoff to ensure that the car is not a "hot" car.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    mga tsong, bukas pa ba tmg sa pasig kapitolyo o lahat ng procedures requiring tmg clearance ay sa pasay na gagawin? sa tmg din ba change of color? details naman regarding change of color procedures! thanks.:?:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    registration with change of ownership procedure (should be done at lto branch where vehicle is previously registered, in my case, i went from tmg-pasay to manila south, which is lampas ng pedro gil, manila - san marcelino corner nakpil street)
    question???
    sa subic pa kasi originally registered (2001), tapos ni- renew sa q.c. (2002), tapos ni-renew sa las pinas (2003) yung or/cr sa previous owner.

pwede ba sa las pinas na lang mag change ownership?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by manta
    mga tsong, bukas pa ba tmg sa pasig kapitolyo o lahat ng procedures requiring tmg clearance ay sa pasay na gagawin? sa tmg din ba change of color? details naman regarding change of color procedures! thanks.:?:
    pwede sa pasig bos. yung clearance ng change of ownership and change of color is different. you would just to apply for a change of color clearance sa tmg and yung change of color na magrereflect sa Certificate of Registration (CR) will be done by LTO.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Procedure of Change of Ownership