New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    just keep in mind, po... it is a used car.
    even if the previous owner religiously maintained it, it's still a used car.. subject to wear and tear..
    as an experienced hand says, "be prepared, mind-wise and wallet-wise, to spend for repairs in the near foreseeable future".

now about that car..
    good car, daw.. my kakilala says.. he had one.. 6-7 km/li in the city. otherwise, nothing dramatic. he sold it and got a pick-up for his farm.

happy driving.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    If it is from a 1st owner, then chances are it is in a relatively better condition than multiple owned cars. Most 1st hand owners sell cars to 2nd hand dealerships because they don't have the time to sell them on their own for a higher price, so price don't really matter to them. All they want is a fair price near FMV cause they simply don't need it anymore, rather than it needing costly repairs to maintain.

I myself had two experiences selling my 1st owned car to 2nd hand dealerships. First was a 97 Corolla XL sold to them at 180k when the going price was 210k, I had no time to tend to this. Second was a 02 Civic VTI-AT they wanted to buy at 180k but which I sold at 210k on my own, I had a lot of time now. So, is your car fairly priced? yes it is, coming from a 2nd hand dealer. Could you get one cheaper? yes if you have the time to find one from a 1st owner. How do you know if the car is fairly maintained after more than 10 years? you check the owner more than the car.

A common major issue of my Civic model is power steering replacement almost always appear at this age. The others are your usual engine gasket leaks and suspension consumables. The VTEC engine also has better fuel efficiency than the LXi.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i am told.. second hand car dealers source some of their cars from...
    CASAS!
    yes! the cars traded in by new car buyers...!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    That's what they call a "fastbreak". Before I offered to sell my car to a second hand dealer, I had it appraised for trade in by the casa and they quoted 160k. This appraiser then "fastbreaks" my car to the 2nd hand dealer for 10-20k. Easy money eh?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ganun na nga. Almost all casa have trade in program. Pero di naman sila nagbebenta ng 2nd hand. May pinagbabagsakan sila

6. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Thanks for taking the time to clear things up about why first owners choose to sell their units to secondhand car dealers rather than selling them on their own.

For quite some time I avoided going to car dealers and preferred to look at units from private sellers. Inisip ko kasi baka pera pera lang masyado kung sa dealer, kumbaga para lang mabilis makabenta. But now that we've seen a unit that we like from a dealer and after hearing your inputs, looks like we're leaning towards getting the unit.

One request: In layman's terms, aside from the better fuel efficiency with VTEC, can someone please enlighten me about the main difference between a VTEC and LXi engine?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by gulaysk View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to clear things up about why first owners choose to sell their units to secondhand car dealers rather than selling them on their own.

For quite some time I avoided going to car dealers and preferred to look at units from private sellers. Inisip ko kasi baka pera pera lang masyado kung sa dealer, kumbaga para lang mabilis makabenta. But now that we've seen a unit that we like from a dealer and after hearing your inputs, looks like we're leaning towards getting the unit.

One request: In layman's terms, aside from the better fuel efficiency with VTEC, can someone please enlighten me about the main difference between a VTEC and LXi engine?
    Mas malakas na hatak sir. And yun nga, fuel efficiency.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Afaik vti-1600 lxi-1500 engine

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gulaysk View Post
    http://tsikot.com/forums/honda-cars-...mension-68190/

10. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Salamat sa link. I kinda get it now (though medyo too technical pa rin for me ang discussion, hehe).

Sharing here the olx link of the car that we're thinking of getting:

Honda civic 2003 matic For Sale Philippines - Find 2nd Hand (Used) Honda civic 2003 matic On OLX

If we have the time on Sunday, baka tingnan pa naman itong unit na ito before we finalize our decision:

2004 Honda Civic 1.6 VTI Prestine Condition - AT For Sale Philippines - Find 2nd Hand (Used) 2004 Honda Civic 1.6 VTI Prestine Condition - AT On OLX

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast