New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i am curious... didn't ford and mazda share parts and technology? would some ford parts be inter-changeable with some mazda parts?
    i'm also wary of ford.. decades back, i had a ford mexico. and i remember.. i couldn't buy small parts, the way toyota owners could. i had to buy the complete assembly!
    A lot of Focus parts are interchangeable with the Mazda 3, just as the Escape is pretty much a twin of the Tribute.

The parts I buy for my Mazda have FoMoCo written all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    A lot of Focus parts are interchangeable with the Mazda 3, just as the Escape is pretty much a twin of the Tribute.

The parts I buy for my Mazda have FoMoCo written all over.

what about the 2003 ford ranger that TS is interested in?
    assuming he gets it at a good price, will he have problems in upkeep and sourcing parts?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what about the 2003 ford ranger that TS is interested in?
    assuming he gets it at a good price, will he have problems in upkeep and sourcing parts?
    Tibay ng first and second gen Rangers. A lot of my friends have second gen Rangers (lots of shared underpinnings with the first gen) and maintenance has been pretty straightforward.

These trucks have basic CRDi engines and there are lots of shops in Banawe specializing in Ford parts.

In general though, secondhand car ownership isn't for people who know nothing about cars and who don't have the patience to fix their used vehicle bit by bit. Heck, I'm running out of patience trying to sort out all the rattles of my Mazda, but along the way there's a whole lot I've learned.

With a brand new car, wala, gamit lang ng gamit. Pag may nasira, paayos sa casa. So boring.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Jut same here, I'm getting impatient Na din dun Sa restore Ko na old van... I think naka 180k na din ako... Ngayon naman may oil leak... Hindi ko pa din ma restore to like new... May mga kalansing pa din sa interior..

2nd hand vehicles is not advisable Sa mgA new drivers... At sa mga B.C. Na tao... Sayang Ang Oras sa kapapagawa...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I agree, though if you do the repairs right, you really save a lot compared to going brand new.

Yun nga lang, when diagnosing problems with older cars, it's not always a 100% hit rate - sometimes you think that changing this part is the fix, then you realize the problem's still there even after you bought a new part already, and you're back to square one.

Matrabaho talaga, but worth it.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Hi everyone. Tsikot newbie here.

My husband and I are currently on the lookout for a second hand AT car for city driving (we're Northerners, so mostly it'll only be used within QC area only). It'll be our first car. I've never gotten the hang of driving a stick shift, naka-apat na ako na student's permit. Nahihirapan talaga ako sa timpla. So I'm hoping to finally get to drive with an AT car.

We prefer getting a Honda Civic. Budget is quite tight at P230K tops (we're setting aside a reserved amount for future repairs). We've seen 4 units so far, and the last one seems to be the most promising. It's a 2003 LXI Honda Civic and priced at P220K for cash payment. Naka-advertise sa olx but we viewed the car in Kotse Network along Q Ave. Kamusta ba experience ninyo sa ganitong mga showroom?

My parents' family driver who's been with us for more than 10 yrs and fairly experienced and knowledgeable about cars came with us to view the unit. Sabi niya relatively good buy na raw. Stock pa raw ang mga piyesa at walang problema sa shifting, di tulad ng sa iba naming nakita. We paid a small amount to have it reserved until this Sunday.

What do you guys think? Do you think the unit we're getting is fairly priced and a relatively good buy? Would you also recommend we get a second hand car from a showroom/second hand car dealer?

Would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    ^^siguro kung clean and may complete service records di na masama. Intayin natin yung may experience sa auto na yan. Sila makaka alam kung ano ang common issues nyan, dapat i consider din yun. What to expect etc.
    Negligible ba ung reservation fee nyo kung sakaling magbago isip?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    I have also bought from buy&sell dealers in the past. There are a lot of factors to consider of the integrity of the seller. It's really up to you to catch whatever issues the car have that the seller is hiding if there are any. If your trusted driver feels that the car is quite good and it shifts good then might as well get it. I presume you and your driver have driven and inspected the unit thoroughly. Just make sure it's not an ex flooded unit and the papers are all in order since you like the car.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    ^^Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Greatly appreciate the help.

We did get to test drive the unit, we didn't catch any problems naman. Our driver said it's in good condition. Re reservation fee, it's a relatively small amount but the dealer told us he's willing to do a refund if ever we decide not to get the unit. The dealer is a Korean dude, ang kausap namin was his assistant. My guts tell me the guy's ok naman. Hehe. Sabi ng assistant buy and sell daw talaga ng cars ang business niya dito sa Pinas.

What do we look out for to make sure all the papers are clean and in order? Sabi ng assistant open deed of sale daw. The unit is still under the name of the original owner, a Korean lady.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    ^^Thanks for bringing up the concern re common issues na meron sa second hand Civic. Para sa mga may experience dito, what do we need to look out/prepare for? Para lang we can anticipate future repairs/replacement.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast