New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ano po ba dapat kong i check mabuti sa pagbili ng second hand na sasakyan.lalo na sa makina..sa gas engine lang ako pamilyar.ano ba ang dapat kong icheck sa diesel engine.

sa gas engine kasi.binubuksan ko ung lagayan ng langis sa ibabaw..tapos takip ng palad dapat walang tumitilansik at parang moise lang ung mapupunta sa palad mo..

sa diesel ba ano ung sinasabing walang talsik..
    at ano ang sign na ok pa ang makina..ng diesel engine may natipuhan na kasi ako at balak ko na kuhanin..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Same thing din naman, ano exact model nang natipuhan mo? Share naman. But the best TS is bring your trusted mechanic for better peace of mind. Try nyudin i roadtest kung papayag si seller. Hayaan mulang din na andar makina atlis 30mins di bale magshare kanalang sa diesel. After that check mo ulit engine kasi kung may mga leak lilitaw at lilitaw na after 30mins, at kung my problem din aircon.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erdiedizon View Post
    Same thing din naman, ano exact model nang natipuhan mo? Share naman. But the best TS is bring your trusted mechanic for better peace of mind. Try nyudin i roadtest kung papayag si seller. Hayaan mulang din na andar makina atlis 30mins di bale magshare kanalang sa diesel. After that check mo ulit engine kasi kung may mga leak lilitaw at lilitaw na after 30mins, at kung my problem din aircon.
    if seller refuses to road test, walk away. he is probably hiding something.
    sa dami ng used cars for sale diyan...

if seller is willing to drive it to the gas station and have it lifted for a look-see of the underside, the better.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 19th, 2015 at 05:02 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by erdiedizon View Post
    okey din ba yung ford ranger 2003 pickup,turbo diesel..

ano sa palagay nyo hindi ba mahirap ang parts nun ano kadalasan sira nito at ano dapat i check ko dito..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    2003 bro that pick up is more than 10 years old na, expect some repairs na po, but for peace of mind nga if they allow u to do test drive with ur mechanic kung talagang feel mu cya ikaw na magdecide. I used to own isuzu fuego. Got it second hand too, condition talaga cya ng makuha namin. After more than 1 year lang na overhaul ang makina

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it is easy to disguise a tired, ready-for-overhaul car.
    sometimes, the clues are not in the engine bay, but in the passenger / driver areas, and in the garage of the seller.
    being a mechanical dumbo also helps.

buying from someone whom you know takes care of that car, is probably the better choice. you know.. that obsessive neighbor who spends weekends on the car...

it is easy to disguise a tired, ready-for-overhaul car.
    sometimes, the clues are not in the engine bay, but in the passenger / driver areas, and in the garage of the seller.
    being a mechanical dumbo also helps.

buying from someone whom you know takes care of that car, is probably the better choice. you know.. that obsessive neighbor who spends weekends on the car...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    thanks sir dr.d & sir erdie

dati kong kasamahan sa trabaho ung may ari .at willing din siyang hindi ko i full payment ung sasakyan niya ..at sisiguraduhin daw niya sa akin na walang problema ung sasakyan .kung may tama daw makina willing siyang i refund lahat ng binayad ko sa kanya,,trade in ko ung tsikot ko *120K add daw ako ng 200K

dati kong kasamahan sa trabaho ung may ari .at willing din siyang hindi ko i full payment ung sasakyan niya ..at sisiguraduhin daw niya sa akin na walang problema ung sasakyan .kung may tama daw makina willing siyang i refund lahat ng binayad ko sa kanya,,trade in ko ung tsikot ko *120K add daw ako ng 200K

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post

your dating kasamahan sa trabaho is too good to be true.
    and of course, you'd be too nahihiya that you wouldn't put in writing his "guarantee", with both of you signing it, right?
    and i wonder... what does "may tama ang makina", mean?
    for all you know, what he really meant was, he'd visit you as you tinker with that vehicle, and hand you the correct-size wrench when you ask for it..
    heh heh.

i wouldn't guarantee my car, should i decide to sell it, even if it's less than a year out of the showroom.

so what reliable car of yours, are you replacing with that pick-up?

i know... there's a lot of irony and hyperbole in what i said, and i apologize for it... but sometimes, the point has to be over-emphasized, so that we go into the deal with eyes wide open.

good luck, sir. and happy hunting.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 20th, 2015 at 08:38 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    salamat po doc..dr.d

kinakabahan lang kasi ako sa maintenace ng ford.or baka may kamahalan mga part unlike sa ibang brand..dun lang ako nagiisip.

salamat po doc..dr.d

kinakabahan lang kasi ako sa maintenace ng ford.or baka may kamahalan mga part unlike sa ibang brand..dun lang ako nagiisip.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    salamat po doc..dr.d

salamat po doc..dr.d

i am curious... didn't ford and mazda share parts and technology? would some ford parts be inter-changeable with some mazda parts?
    i'm also wary of ford.. decades back, i had a ford mexico. and i remember.. i couldn't buy small parts, the way toyota owners could. i had to buy the complete assembly!
    Last edited by dr. d; November 20th, 2015 at 04:16 PM.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast