New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Goes without saying: Avoid taxis or airport taxis.

Beat to hell and back.

Previous generation Vios, best to have a mechanic along with you to check the cooling system and engine. These models had insufficient cooling. The current gen is much more robust, but in retuning the engine, Toyota made it a bit... thirsty.
    With our previous Gen Vios (2007-2014), i just keep watch on the condition of the aux fan (and i had a spare aux fan assembly on-hand already when the car was getting someone old). Also change the coolant and radiator cap every 40,000kms. At 150,000kms so far so good. I like the quality of the interior plastics of this generation over the current model but i do agree that the current model seems to drive faster (i rented one for barnstorming Cebu Island a month ago).

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Between the 3 generations of Vios, I still prefer the first one (Robin). It is still the most thrifty of the 3 generation. Also, eto lang ata ang generation ng vios na hindi sumasayad ang likod kahit puno ang likod. Pinakamalala ang 3rd Gen sa pagsayad sa likod. I know this since all 3 generations of Vios were my wife's company car. HTH.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dale323 View Post
    Between the 3 generations of Vios, I still prefer the first one (Robin). It is still the most thrifty of the 3 generation. Also, eto lang ata ang generation ng vios na hindi sumasayad ang likod kahit puno ang likod. Pinakamalala ang 3rd Gen sa pagsayad sa likod. I know this since all 3 generations of Vios were my wife's company car. HTH.
    Proud owner of a 2005 Vios E "Robin". Got it 2 years ago when the company I work for sold it to me, being in charge of the company fleet, I know the condition of this particular unit, its not your typical company car that's been to hell and back. This one was used by the company's IT head who happens to live close by to the office, the average usage of the car is around 10 kilometer daily. When I bought it 2 years ago, it had 61,000km which is relatively low mileage for a 10 year old car, got it for 150k, its now at 75,000km at sng pinakamalaking gastos ko so far was when I had the aircon cleaned, nung naibaba nakita na may mga pinhole leaks yung cooling coil, so I just changed it, less than 10k ang gastos. This is one of the best cars I ever owned, sadly it may have to go soon, kailangan ko ng automatic para ma drive din ng wife ko.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    With our previous Gen Vios (2007-2014), i just keep watch on the condition of the aux fan (and i had a spare aux fan assembly on-hand already when the car was getting someone old). Also change the coolant and radiator cap every 40,000kms. At 150,000kms so far so good. I like the quality of the interior plastics of this generation over the current model but i do agree that the current model seems to drive faster (i rented one for barnstorming Cebu Island a month ago).
    I like the 1.3 MT. The fake stitching isn't so obvious and the hard plastics are excusable at that price point.

Economy isn't great... kalevel lang ng Gen 2 1.5, but acceptable.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I've always wondered why the 1st gen was called robin and the succeeding iteration naman was designated as the batman model.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    I've always wondered why the 1st gen was called robin and the succeeding iteration naman was designated as the batman model.

CMIIW naunang tawagin batman yung 2nd gen (TDK came out the same year iirc), so robin ang tinawag nila sa 1st gen. source ko mga cab drivers, since araw araw ko sa kanila naririnig reklamo na, mas matipid sa gas si robin vs. batman hehehe
    iirc transformers tawag nila sa city

7. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    CMIIW naunang tawagin batman yung 2nd gen (TDK came out the same year iirc), so robin ang tinawag nila sa 1st gen. source ko mga cab drivers, since araw araw ko sa kanila naririnig reklamo na, mas matipid sa gas si robin vs. batman hehehe
    Ako naman, nalaman ko yung mga palayaw ng Vios sa Auto Supply. "Superman" naman daw ang tawag sa 3rd gen.

Ang Robin, mas matipid kasi mas maliit at magaang ang kaha kaysa sa Batman, at mas lalo sa sa Superman.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ Ah ganun pala iyon. Now.i know 😁

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I like the 1.3 MT. The fake stitching isn't so obvious and the hard plastics are excusable at that price point.

Economy isn't great... kalevel lang ng Gen 2 1.5, but acceptable.
    The 1.3 m/t i rented did about 11++km/L with hard mountain road driving and city traffic. Suspension was still pretty good given it was a rental with 60,000kms on it. The thing with the Vios is that the gas tanks are quite small so at times I think i'm eating a lot of fuel but when i gas up, it only needs around 30-35L to top it off (versus my usual 40-45L with an Altis, and the 60-65L i use to load up my pickup).

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The 1.3 m/t i rented did about 11++km/L with hard mountain road driving and city traffic. Suspension was still pretty good given it was a rental with 60,000kms on it. The thing with the Vios is that the gas tanks are quite small so at times I think i'm eating a lot of fuel but when i gas up, it only needs around 30-35L to top it off (versus my usual 40-45L with an Altis, and the 60-65L i use to load up my pickup).
    My overall average with my 2014 Vios 1.3 E AT was 10.89 km/L - mixed city and highway driving.

Better than the Altis at 10.21 km/L, but I'd gladly give up that 0.7 km/L for the power. 😉

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast