New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    I'm expecting my first born baby in 4 weeks. I'm living at Muntinlupa but my parents were in Antipolo.
    So probably I had to bring my baby to them at least twice a month.

In terms of FC and maintenance, ok ba yung decision ko to pursue a 2nd Hand Vios. Di ko pa kaya mag monthly ng 10-15k kasi may House and Lot pa kong binabayaran.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    It's a practical choice

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan_ View Post
    I'm expecting my first born baby in 4 weeks. I'm living at Muntinlupa but my parents were in Antipolo.

In terms of FC and maintenance, ok ba yung decision ko to pursue a 2nd Hand Vios. Di ko pa kaya mag monthly ng 10-15k kasi may House and Lot pa kong binabayaran.

Its actually a good choice. Personally, I prefer the E or G variant with an automatic transmission. Automatics are very convenient in these traffic infested roads. Also, automatics are rarely to none, used as taxi's, its the manual Manong drivers usually use. Just be sure to check the mechanicals, and having a trusted mechanic buddy during inspections is a plus.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    You'll never go wrong with a Vios, but with your budget of 200k, pwede lang siguro yan sa 1st gen Vios and also be prepared na may mga pagawain na yan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    You'll never go wrong with a Vios, but with your budget of 200k, pwede lang siguro yan sa 1st gen Vios and also be prepared na may mga pagawain na yan.
    Agree here. Spend around 150-175K for a unit then set aside budget for repairs and general maintenance.

Try to find a unit that has service records (whether CASA or not).

6. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Agree here. Spend around 150-175K for a unit then set aside budget for repairs and general maintenance.

Try to find a unit that has service records (whether CASA or not).

Thanks for oyur comments.

Actually my cash on hand is at 250K, I already setting the 50K aside just in case (repairs, maintanance or docs.)

Ang Vios J (2010-2012) ba eh malaki ang difference sa VIOS E (2008-2010)?. With my budget etong 2 model na to ang malimit makita sa sites (Tsikot,OLX and Philkotse).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are you looking for a manual or automatic unit?

The Vios 1.3 E M/T of a 2007 to 2010 vintage would be good. This already has ABS which for me is an important safety feature.

OLX prices, reduce it by 25K up to 50K and that would be the selling price to go for, IMO. Take your time and look at several units. Plus points for one that is owned and being sold by the original registered owner, has original paint on all panels, and service records.

When you get to buy one, check the suspension, change all fluids (oil, brake, transmission, coolant) and filters, do a tune-up. Have an electrical shop also check the auxiliary fan to make sure it still functions well and strong. You may also want to replace the crankshaft position sensor, water pump, aux fan, and serpentine belt if the mileage and age of the unit has already racked up (as preventive measure).

8. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    echoing their comments, you'll never really go wrong with it. It all comes down sa condition at quality ng titignan mo.

Bro, Chris Fix's Youtube channel has an excellent 3 part video (exterior, interior, test drive) for buying pre-owned. I watched that a week ago and most of it are applicable naman. If you're new to cars, or have limited experience doing car DIY, it is very helpful. What to check, look for, how to test andun na lahat.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan_ View Post

you preference is popularly correct. but your budget leaves much to the imagination. i foresee, with that budget, you might end up with a car that will need more financial support than your newborn baby.
    if i may... mag-uber na muna kayo. that car money will come in handy for the un-foreseen surprises of parenthood.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you preference is popularly correct. but your budget leaves much to the imagination. i foresee, with that budget, you might end up with a car that will need more financial support than your newborn baby.
    if i may... mag-uber na muna kayo. that car money will come in handy for the un-foreseen surprises of parenthood.
    that's another option. Uber muna and in a few months to a year, you'll have a little more savings and time to find a good deal.

just keep looking but do take your time. In my case, the best second hand buys we've had we're those that just came along in due time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast