New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The 1.3 m/t i rented did about 11++km/L with hard mountain road driving and city traffic. Suspension was still pretty good given it was a rental with 60,000kms on it. The thing with the Vios is that the gas tanks are quite small so at times I think i'm eating a lot of fuel but when i gas up, it only needs around 30-35L to top it off (versus my usual 40-45L with an Altis, and the 60-65L i use to load up my pickup).
    Like I said, I like that variant. Good buy secondhand, I think, when the prices go down.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    My overall average with my 2014 Vios 1.3 E AT was 10.89 km/L - mixed city and highway driving.

Better than the Altis at 10.21 km/L, but I'd gladly give up that 0.7 km/L for the power. 😉

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Honda's 1.3 AT (previous gen City) was so much better.

-

I think one of the issues, aside from engine programming, is cost-cutting.

Seems like Toyota compensates for cooling inefficiency with a large grille opening.

Honda, on the other hand, goes for minimal grille area and a bigger radiator with dual fans.

Can't say for sure this is the reason, but I did find some economy gains before by covering parts of that grille up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Agree with Niky, it should be good second hand buy in a few years (when prices start hitting let's say, 200-250K) and will be easy to repair unless the previous owner has done something really wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    My overall average with my 2014 Vios 1.3 E AT was 10.89 km/L - mixed city and highway driving.

Better than the Altis at 10.21 km/L, but I'd gladly give up that 0.7 km/L for the power. 😉

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    I think a good number of us would give up more than 1 km/L for power.

3. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    echoing their comments, you'll never really go wrong with it. It all comes down sa condition at quality ng titignan mo.

Bro, Chris Fix's Youtube channel has an excellent 3 part video (exterior, interior, test drive) for buying pre-owned. I watched that a week ago and most of it are applicable naman. If you're new to cars, or have limited experience doing car DIY, it is very helpful. What to check, look for, how to test andun na lahat.
    Yep, ganda nung video ni Chris Fix na yan lol

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    I drive a 2005 Vios 1.5 A/T. More than 12 yrs now since i got it and i appreciate how good it drives (hanggang ngayon). Toyota has a certain handling characteristic na gusto ko. It's 1NZFE engine is very reliable and still runs smoothly. Parts are easy to replace.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234