New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Bosch lng nakalagay sa taas ng speaker ko sa car hangang dun lang alam ko lol..

Pero sarap talaga basahin thread nato gahaha

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Hmmn, iba nga ata intindi nung isa sa rebranding..inequate sa pamimirata or fake?

How would you explain rebranding in simple terms ba?hehe..outsourced yung manufacturing?
    For instance sa TV, yung Devant, rebrand lang din yan..di mo masasabi na fake or pirata kahit gawa sa China.
    One was arguing objectively tapos yung isa naman biglang personal na yung attack

Oh siya group hug na lang hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I'd like to add my two cents in this matter.

I work in the consumer electronics industry. A rebrand happens when a domestic company decides to purchase a product from an OEM manufacturer and stamp their own brand on it. This is a common practice everywhere though it happens more often in Asia, Africa and South America. Almost all OEM factories are now located in China.

Engineering for audio which involves scientific research and development is a very costly exercise and sadly, there is not much of that happening here in the Philippines for electronics. If there were, we would be seeing a lot of patents being filed at the IPO.

It is economically impossible for one company to be involved in the manufacture of a wide scope of products unless they are giants in the industry. Even the giants like Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Sanyo and others share resources from time to time. For a small company to approach the "shotgun" method in putting out products, they would need to have suppliers from different OEM factories.

Taking out the emotion in the exchanges in this thread and approaching it from a technical and business standpoint, I find jhnkvn's posts are astute and correct.

As an aside, I am familiar with the Nautilus line of B&W speakers though I am more a fan of Sonus Faber. Those are serious drivers you're using. I don't know anyone who'd use that midrange driver in their vehicle. My hat's off to you.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    sarap magbasa ng thread na ito :D

dito sa imus pumunta ka sa coastal anabu mga tricycle dito ginagastusan
    20,000 50,000 105,000 pasetup lang ng sounds!
    http://tsikot.com/forums/car-audio-v...ml#post2315220

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by seven6red View Post
    Hmmn, iba nga ata intindi nung isa sa rebranding..inequate sa pamimirata or fake?

How would you explain rebranding in simple terms ba?hehe..outsourced yung manufacturing?
    For instance sa TV, yung Devant, rebrand lang din yan..di mo masasabi na fake or pirata kahit gawa sa China.
    One was arguing objectively tapos yung isa naman biglang personal na yung attack

Oh siya group hug na lang hehe
    A company that rebrands sources their electronics from manufacturers such as those based in China. What happens in a scenario like this is that the factories would send out their new product lines every quarter to companies with a domestic brand. Domestic brand then would request for some customised features for their market as well as have their trademark stamped on the product.

A counterfeit product would be made by another factory who uses someone else's trademark and tries to pass it off as the real thing. A pirated product only covers those that use copyright such as movies, music and the like and other forms of Intellectual Property covered under international trade law.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^^There..I hope this would clarify matters regarding what a rebrand is.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Yep. K.I.L.L si correct.

For one, I didn't equate it with fake goods.. I simply called it a rebrand. Yun nakakatawa dito, ako pa daw hindi may alam kung ano meaning ng rebranded

When did I say products made in China are useless? I simply stated sa first post ko dito that LL is a China-rebrand and JBL, as part of the larger Harman Group, will win out in brand power.

Feel ko nakikipagargue ako sa di nagaral. It'll be ironic if I said no offense pero I keep on saying the exact thing and you still don't get it. Binigyan na nga ng fifteen (15) examples - not just one example.. but fifteen!

As much as I do admire the tricycles with 105,000php setups, tricycles sila. Looks like people there have a very bad sense of investment for me.

Straight Cerwin Vega, cool! Is it a Stroker? Pwede ko ba bilhin? I won't call the CV cheap.. why should I? I like their old-school Strokers.. but I'll call the tricycle cheap. Yep.. since it's a tricycle.

Parang ganito lang kasi yun analogy. Let's say you're a person with a net worth of Php1 million and you're an owner of a Lamborghini. I won't call the Lamborghini cheap.. but I'll say that the person IS cheap because he's buying things that aren't really value-adding. Just some life advice: it's how the poor becomes poor... so, boss, don't go that route since it's not just bad taste.. it's bad for your finances.

Uhh... bakit naman nasama si Google dito? Ano correlation ng Google sa pagyayabang? If I had to Google each and every one ng post ko dito sa Car Audio section ng Tsikot, ang dami kong oras kung ganun, boss.

Ay, hindi ba umabot yun isang amplifier? Sorry boss.. ede gawin natin dalawa . Madami pa akong pieces sa kotse ko as spare.. For example.. di pa included speakers ko.. or processors.. woodworking expenses.. wiring, etc.

So boss, alam mo na ba kung bakit ang Targa ay matigas bumayo tapos ang Manix malambot bumayo? Wala pa rin kasi ako nakikitang sagot para malaman naman ng mga fellow forumers natin kung bakit at makatulong tayo sa edukasyon nila abot sa car audio.

Hindi naman mahirap tanong ko... 12 years na ka installer diba? Dapat mabilis nalang ito! Gusto mo ba ng hint? tips maybe? Hehehehe...

Don't flaunt the 12 year installer/experience/karpintero flag since if that's your profession.. konting naawa ako as I do this as a hobby. How did I start? Just like everybody else -- walang alam.. pero nagtatanong at natututo and since there were people kind enough to teach me dati, I give back by teaching others.

I don't like flaunting my equipment. Both the equipment and cost. That's why I don't usually join competitions. Why should I? Like I said.. it's for self-satisfaction. But if you'll taunt me na "natalo ka lang sa LL dati kaya sinisiraan mo sila", now that's a whole different ball game.

To correct you there.. fact is, it's also almost impossible that I'll be fighting LL sa category na sinasali ko. I compete under EMMA Philippines' SQ Advanced Unlimited category.

Unfortunately, yun mga kalaban ko usually mga big-pockets customers or installer cars that ranges Php250,000 upwards as minimum. Lightning Lab isn't even an option on our category. Gamitin namin yan at papagtawan kami.. Hell.. tignan mo competitors ko.. most expensive award if I remember still goes to Mike's Subaru Forester with a cool Php 2million worth of Bewith stuff inside back in EMMA 2012.

So please.. raise your standards, read more, learn more, and be a better installer.

Since 12 years mo? Is kinda useless if you don't progress.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; March 5th, 2014 at 06:17 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Rebranded Goods.
    Example: Bumili si LL ng JBL speaker. Tinanggal nya yung JBL logo, pinalitan nya ng LL logo bago ibenta. that's Rebranding.

Fake Goods.
    Example: Bumili si LL ng knock-off copy ng JBL speaker. Then nilagyan nya ng JBL logo bago ibenta. that's Fake.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    OT

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    As an aside, I am familiar with the Nautilus line of B&W speakers though I am more a fan of Sonus Faber. Those are serious drivers you're using. I don't know anyone who'd use that midrange driver in their vehicle. My hat's off to you.
    Ohh.. Sonus Faber fans

Actually I settled for the cheaper 5" midrange of the CM series rather than the 6" midrange of the Series 800. The 6" was too big truthfully to be thrown on A-pillars.

Here's what the 5" dedicated midrange driver looks alongside a 2" full-range Dominations speakers.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Wala na ko masabi kung hindi basahin padin thread na to kung may nagaaway paba o wala LOL

(Extra lang)

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast