New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 307 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi I intend to set up my car using Focal 165V15 in the front then Polk MM1040 as subs but I dont know what amp to use. Can anyone please suggest? Budget is more or less 15k max but if there is a good amp for around 10k that would be better
    I live in QC and most of the threads recommended Candyshop and Araneta Accessories. What do you guys think of quest audio? Or better if I go to nogs or jeff tan?

One more thing, would it sound better if I do a full active set up? In this case, 2 channels will power the tweeter and the other 2 will power the midrange? Tama ba? If yes, what's a good 5 channel amp or better mag 2 amps ako? Although I'm hoping if I go this route may ok naman na 5 channel amp na hindi super expensive.
    Finally, in case I don't want to replace my OEM head unit(2012 Hyundai Tucson LMX20), would it be advisable to save up for a good sound processor like the JBL MS8? I saw this kse installed sa Sonata ni Sir Jhnkvn kse he also didn't want to replace his head unit. Tama ba Sir? Although ang mahal baka may cheaper alternative. Hehe Mga 500usd sha sa amazon eh.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi, newbie po ako. Need suggestion and recommendation from tsikoter's gurus and expert. Have a 2011 GLS Adventure and want to upgrade my sound system but i want to retain my stock HU. Want to add boom boom to my ride like most people will love but hindi naman pang competion type na set up. Thank's in advance sa mga suggestion and recommendation nyo.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    sir jhnkvn, nag PM po ako sa inyo tungkol sa sound magus dk600, thankyou sir!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by audi527 View Post
    Hi I intend to set up my car using Focal 165V15 in the front then Polk MM1040 as subs but I dont know what amp to use. Can anyone please suggest? Budget is more or less 15k max but if there is a good amp for around 10k that would be better
    I live in QC and most of the threads recommended Candyshop and Araneta Accessories. What do you guys think of quest audio? Or better if I go to nogs or jeff tan?

One more thing, would it sound better if I do a full active set up? In this case, 2 channels will power the tweeter and the other 2 will power the midrange? Tama ba? If yes, what's a good 5 channel amp or better mag 2 amps ako? Although I'm hoping if I go this route may ok naman na 5 channel amp na hindi super expensive.
    Finally, in case I don't want to replace my OEM head unit(2012 Hyundai Tucson LMX20), would it be advisable to save up for a good sound processor like the JBL MS8? I saw this kse installed sa Sonata ni Sir Jhnkvn kse he also didn't want to replace his head unit. Tama ba Sir? Although ang mahal baka may cheaper alternative. Hehe Mga 500usd sha sa amazon eh.
    Sorry sa late reply. I haven't been visiting the forums frequently lately. Most of your concerns were answered naman on the other thread on the "other forum".

First, I would suggest a 5-channel amplifier if you plan this system to be an end-all system. If you plan on upgrading and see yourself having two or more amplifiers in the future, get a 4-channel amplifier for flexibility purposes. For the amplifier, I would suggest a Phoenix Gold SD 5-channel amplifier at around 15.8k I believe. Quest Audio isn't bad at all, I'm also following them on Facebook and their works aren't bad. Like I said, most of the installers in Banawe are competent naman. It's just that I have my favorites ;)

Also, to correct your driver "perception", the usual 2-way set consists of a tweeter to cover the highs and a midbass to cover the low-end. Although there ARE 2-way components that consists of tweeter and midrange (ex. SEAS Lotus), the 95% of the market are usually the tweeter-midbass combo variety. A good rule of thumb for car audio: anything larger than five inches is a midbass.

Would it sound better to have a 2-way active setup? Not really. However you'll highly enjoy the benefits of flexibility as you are not constricted by the passive crossover. There are "cheaper" alternatives than using a sound processor, true. But they're pretty hard to find na. One alternative is to use an external crossover and EQ such as Audiocontrol DQX/EQX/etc. they were pretty popular way back in the 1990s and early 2000s but sourcing them today is a pain in the ass. With at least a 13-band parametric L/R EQ and a good tuner, you can have old-fashioned time alignment and a nifty EQ to boot. Another more "modern" alternative is the use of a digital processor embedded in the amplifier itself. The best example for this is Zapco's old DC Reference amplifiers. It's basically a processor+amplifier all-in-one.

Also, go for the slow but steady route pare. Try using your stock head unit for now without an external processor and see if you can "live with it", if you feel you're still lacking or want to hear what a processor can do, hit me with a PM either here or in KAC and I could always demo my car. I just live 5 minutes away from Banawe.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cyruz_rtc View Post
    Hi, newbie po ako. Need suggestion and recommendation from tsikoter's gurus and expert. Have a 2011 GLS Adventure and want to upgrade my sound system but i want to retain my stock HU. Want to add boom boom to my ride like most people will love but hindi naman pang competion type na set up. Thank's in advance sa mga suggestion and recommendation nyo.
    Err.. just go to any of your suking car audio shop and give your budget and needs. They'll be the ones recommending and THEN you can hit us back here in Tsikot on their packages.

Mabilis lang naman talaga boom-boom eh. Get a subwoofer, construct a basic ported box, slap the subwoofer in it and find an amplifier to power it. Voila! Boom boom. However, unless you're DIY, it's still best to consult a professional installer. That, you have to do yourself.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hi guys newbie here with sounds, I have a stock rockford setup of Lancer ex gt-a except for the 10" sub which I replaced with 12" plus I added a mono amp RF prime 500 to go with it. Now I acquired Hertz hsk 165 and hcx 165 and I intend to replace my separates and rear. Any suggestions on what Multi channel amp should I use with it to maximize the potential of speakers? Thank you!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    mga paps bat nung may nilagay na booster sa sa sounds ko madali na uminit ung HU?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Just wondering if pioneer is still selling deq 7600 or deq 9200 in the Philippines. Please advise on the store. Planning to upgrade audio of the MS. TIA

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 10910883 View Post
    Hi guys newbie here with sounds, I have a stock rockford setup of Lancer ex gt-a except for the 10" sub which I replaced with 12" plus I added a mono amp RF prime 500 to go with it. Now I acquired Hertz hsk 165 and hcx 165 and I intend to replace my separates and rear. Any suggestions on what Multi channel amp should I use with it to maximize the potential of speakers? Thank you!
    As this is locally, I would first ask where did you get the stocks of the HSK and HCK? Our local Hertz and Audison distributor SoundXperience in Mayon Ave. has already closed shop for a year na. So getting Hertz and Audison products nowadays means trying to scourge the secondhand market (itself is pretty rare too) or by importing them (pretty expensive). I'm asking because you might be a victim of fake goods... Blade and Concorde once used to sell fake HSKs before after all.

As to which multi-channel amplifier, that's a hard one depending on your budget. Ideally, I like an all-same brand setup by using Hertz or Audison (they're sister companies of Electromedia) amplifiers. Some major car audio shops still have old stocks of more affordable amplifiers such as Audison SR4s. However, the 60Wx4 might be lacking for you as such I recommend you look at amplifiers with at least 100Wx4. Although it seems highly unlikely you'll be eating all 100W, better safe than sorry. You can read back on my past posts to see which are my favorites given a budget.

Quote Originally Posted by sotel View Post
    mga paps bat nung may nilagay na booster sa sa sounds ko madali na uminit ung HU?
    What is a booster? Since walang ganyan term sa car audio. Usually, to boost the sound of the car audio system, you tinker with the gain settings, equalizer, pre-out voltage (to a certain extent), etc. San sayo dyan?

Quote Originally Posted by wsa 400 View Post
    Just wondering if pioneer is still selling deq 7600 or deq 9200 in the Philippines. Please advise on the store. Planning to upgrade audio of the MS. TIA
    I don't believe Pioneer Philippines sold the DEQ units here locally.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    As this is locally, I would first ask where did you get the stocks of the HSK and HCK? Our local Hertz and Audison distributor SoundXperience in Mayon Ave. has already closed shop for a year na. So getting Hertz and Audison products nowadays means trying to scourge the secondhand market (itself is pretty rare too) or by importing them (pretty expensive). I'm asking because you might be a victim of fake goods... Blade and Concorde once used to sell fake HSKs before after all.

As to which multi-channel amplifier, that's a hard one depending on your budget. Ideally, I like an all-same brand setup by using Hertz or Audison (they're sister companies of Electromedia) amplifiers. Some major car audio shops still have old stocks of more affordable amplifiers such as Audison SR4s. However, the 60Wx4 might be lacking for you as such I recommend you look at amplifiers with at least 100Wx4. Although it seems highly unlikely you'll be eating all 100W, better safe than sorry. You can read back on my past posts to see which are my favorites given a budget.
    Hi sir thanks sa reply! Actually I got my hertz hsks and hcxs 3 yrs ago from UAE. Now this is my extra so I just want to use it para di naman sayang hehe! As per the amp I inquired on some shop and recommended me on getting a Sound Magus 160.4 mga 9k ang price. From the other forum, someone recommended me to get a Sonus Enigma 4ch 17k price range. I want to know if this is ok already? My budget is actually withing 10-20k range naman for amp. Yes, i heard good reviews about Audison but I have no idea where to get it here.

audio set-up for beginners [continued]