New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 173 of 784 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 7833
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dfopiso View Post
    so during rainy days, like for the past 2 weeks na yata, enough na muna shampoo lang kasi sayang clay/wax/QD
    That would depend on your discretion, sir. Without any wax on your car's paint, there's zero protection from all contaminants. Even if you wash it, it will be clean but the paint is totally exposed. If you have parking and/or there is a roof over it, the best way is to at least apply some sort of protection to your paint. That's where those spray waxes would come in handy or if you are really feeling it, you could opt with those very durable waxes like Collinite that could withstand weeks of rain but still give the protection.

For claying, you could only do it 2x a year or depending how badly your paint needs it. So if you are really itching to do it, I suggest to wait for the weather to normalize or gets better before doing it so that you could also do the next steps after claying. At least when the next heavy rain comes, your paint is already protected.

Quality detailers can be applied anytime for as long as the car is not really dirty. Unless you are using the Optimum No Rinse, then that is different kind of QD since it can be used too to clean the car not the conventional way.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    for the rainy days i always wax up with cleaner wax. of course with the usual pre-wax routine, but i only do claying every other month and do it outside. i you want wax protection during these times i suggest you add up the Collinite 476S in your car kit. of course your observations will vary among us, but whenever i can have this on, the there's usually less water on the surface to get rid off when i go home. and if i see the car's a little too dirty (especially the lower panels), i immediately wash up the car with hose and car shampoo... even if its still raining!

anyone here using the DUB car shampoo? i got this one as a present last xmas and i observed its quite good. thick suds and decent cleaning and it smells really good. i only use this for some quick cleaning described above ^ but for the whole car wash routine i still use my fave Megs NXT carwash.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Spent an hour yesterday cleaning up asphalt specks using Collinite 845. Now my lower half has 5-6 layers of protection The 845 also took out some of the yellowing observed in the panel below the doors.

Is it just me or does painted plastic more easily lose its protection compared to painted metal? My hood is still beading but the bumper is not. They got the same treatment at the same time.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Thanks rna

Nagpa Optiguard ako nung June pero baka nawala na yung nilagay ng BB. So far, nag NanoGlos ako hanggang sa susunod na session, as per advise ng BB. Kahapon naka tyempo ako ng NanoGlos pero wala pa yatang 2 hours grabe yung ulan ... nanaman

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^ nakatulong yung Nanoglos kahapon :thumbup: Kahit soaked sa ulan papuntang parking, pagbalik ko kanina, tuyo ang auto at hindi kumapit yung mga talsik at putik

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    guys whats your take on waterless car wash sprays? okay lang ba yun i everyday kasi grabe talaga dumihin ng black eh. tapos paminsan pa eh uulan tapos aaraw so watermarks galore talaga. ok lng ba yung mga ganung klaseng products sa finish ng paint?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ok lang ba gawing car shampoo yung mga dish washing liquid soap like joy?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by alvinladen View Post

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by m05tw4nt3d View Post
    guys whats your take on waterless car wash sprays? okay lang ba yun i everyday kasi grabe talaga dumihin ng black eh. tapos paminsan pa eh uulan tapos aaraw so watermarks galore talaga. ok lng ba yung mga ganung klaseng products sa finish ng paint?
    I have heard of them but I would rather clean my car the conventional way. Maybe it's ok to use it if the car isn't really dirty, otherwise, I wouldn't risk it.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alvinladen View Post
    Nope, it is not ok to use dishwashing soaps in cleaning your car unless you are planning to strip the wax that you put previously and apply a new one. They are degreasers which means it would remove or strip everything that is protecting your paint especially when you do it daily.

"Tamang OC lang" - a newbie's guide to car appearance maintenance