New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I rode the MRT for a decade and saw it deteriorate from its serviceable state in the early/mid 2000s until its hellish condition today. The main reason why it's so inconvenient is because there are far less trains now and far more people riding the MRT.

Again my question is - instead of adding, say, 20 premium trains, why not add 20 regular trains so more people can ride? The maximum car capacity per station is 4 cars per train. So you have a constraint already in terms of carrying capacity.

While it's theoretically possible to find an equilibrium point in terms of pricing that will maximize revenues while keeping ridership of one car at a convenient level, it goes against the mandate of a government run service which is to address the needs of the underserved segments of society. The MRT was not made for the convenience of the upper middle class - its purpose is to transport the working class as quickly and as cost-effectively as possible.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    I agree it is mainly there for the working class, but having a premium cab could raise revenue and discourage more cars in EDSA. It's also another way of sourcing funds for subsidizing the regular passengers' fares.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Even if you have a premium cab to target (let's call it what it is) yung maaarte. Would they line up with the rest of the passengers? I don't see our train stations having enough space to accommodate a separate queue for those who want to go premium.

Why did advertisers stop placing ads in mrt stations and trains? Those backlit frames on the loading platforms used to carry ads. Some even placed (unsightly) decals on the trains. Sayang din ang revenue from those.

Tapatalked

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Even if you have a premium cab to target (let's call it what it is) yung maaarte. Would they line up with the rest of the passengers? I don't see our train stations having enough space to accommodate a separate queue for those who want to go premium.

Tapatalked
    I'd call them people who are willing to pay for convenience It could turn out much cheaper for office workers to take the train to work, in Makati, it costs P200+ a day on parking alone. in BGC it can go as high as P300+ a day on parking.

I thought the same as suggested earlier, that there should be a separate turnstile for those in premium. It's too bad the premium carriage is far from happening

Is the MRT fare a flat rate? How much is it?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Malabo yan!

Ang pinoy pa lahat gusto mauna, what I mean is if you can only imagine the platform during rush hour halos magkandapalit na ng mukha mga pasahero. Naka depende ang chance mo makasakay dun sa pwesto mo sa platform.

Now sisingitan mo ng premium trains for premium paying passengers?

Mahahawi mo ba mga tao?

Ang liit lang ng space ng stations naten.

About the fare, subjective yan. Yes for most of us here mura yan. Pero for some mabigat yan. Still nothing beats na mabilis na byahe compared sa sasakay ka at mabuburo sa bus along edsa.

Again get new trains and hire a reputable responsible maintenance provider.

Sa bidding nagkakandaloko eh.

May winning bidder, mag dedemanda yung natalo makakakuha ng TRO ayun deadball.

Parang yung kwento ng LRT 1 and MRT connector na hanggang ngayon pinagtatalunan ba kung sa SM north ba or sa Trinoma ilalagay.

Yung P2P bus service ayos yun! Mabilis pa byahe compared sa regular bus.

Tried already the megamall - sm north route. Sana lang damihan nila yung routes and units as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Laced ng Shabu yun maynilad para addict majority ng pinoy Talos patayin ng mga pulis Suggestion, an idea to solve the MRT train problem and congest EDSA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    bakit kaya hindi naisip nila marcos, cory ramos era na laparan ang edsa. hindi nila naisip na dadami ang tao sa metro. congested tuloy. solution lang talaga is to have a good maintenance and 2-3 mins waiting time sa platform. siguro kasama din yung disiplina ng motorist sa EDSA

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by pau88 View Post
    bakit kaya hindi naisip nila marcos, cory ramos era na laparan ang edsa. hindi nila naisip na dadami ang tao sa metro. congested tuloy. solution lang talaga is to have a good maintenance and 2-3 mins waiting time sa platform. siguro kasama din yung disiplina ng motorist sa EDSA
    too early pa to foresee at maayos pa noon

kaya nga pinatayo yong MRT para ma sulusyunan ang traffic sa EDSA kase hindi na ma expand ang kalsada, pero nung pumasok na si DOTC Mar Roxas eh dyan tuluyan na sira ang MRT dahil sa unqualified maintenance provider contract

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    yong idea ko pala eh may na una na Filipino inventor sa akin at adopted na siya in 136 cities, except Philippines... sorry mr. Yuseco Jr

Traffic-solving Pinoy innovation adopted in 136 cities, except Phl | BusinessMirror

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    put in more, faster trains. it's the only way to decrease the waiting hordes.
    but more important, is to make sure the people charged with running the business, are good and honest.

and please! decide already: money-maker or subsidized? then go support the decision fully!
    Last edited by dr. d; August 3rd, 2016 at 11:40 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    too early pa to foresee at maayos pa noon

kaya nga pinatayo yong MRT para ma sulusyunan ang traffic sa EDSA kase hindi na ma expand ang kalsada, pero nung pumasok na si DOTC Mar Roxas eh dyan tuluyan na sira ang MRT dahil sa unqualified maintenance provider contract
    edsa farmers in the 70s?
    parang hindi shaw.. hindi ko ma-amoy yung ricoa.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast