New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 105
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,515
    #1
    Hi Tsikoters,

    I have an idea to solve the MRT, i know some of you would find this crazy, or funny and even without basis... but thats why i am seeking opinions...

    as we know, MRT trains breaks down frequently due to unprofessional maintenance done to its trains... with this, restoring the trains and its safety accessories (signaling system) to its safe working condition would be costly...

    the solution i am thinking is to remove all the train tracks and trains and just replace it with a very long hybrid diesel bus, this way we would also solve the employee train operator certification cost because they wont need it to operate a bus running on a straight line...

    what are your ideas to solve the MRT?


  2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,515
    #2
    BTW: the very long bus has been in the philippines by the department of science and technology...


  3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,922
    #3
    so instead of elevated light rail you want those things hogging the road?

    brilliant

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,515
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    so instead of elevated light rail you want those things hogging the road?

    brilliant
    no, read it again, remove all the tracks and the trains, use the existing pavement and platform of the MRT, in short, instead of the trains, in the middle of edsa, we shall use the long hybrid buses

    we shall call it instead, elevated light bus system in the absence of the trains...

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    3,872
    #5
    For me, the long-term solutions are still the following:

    1. De-congest Metro Manila by promoting establishments of businesses in the countryside
    2. Build more roads (which means biting the bullet and buying up/exrpopriating private property) and bridges/underpasses
    3. A more draconian phaseout of old PUBs/PUJs --- meaning 10 years old and older
    4. Increase taxes in registrations of older private vehicles at least 10 years and older
    5. Have a quota system for franchises for all PUBs/PUJs so the number of those plying the roads are controlled. This means revoking those which were granted, if necessary.
    6. Do a 2-line subway system from Pampanga to Batangas

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    10,812
    #6
    and that solution is cheaper than buying new trains and making sure the maintenance is done by a competent company?

  7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,336
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    and that solution is cheaper than buying new trains and making sure the maintenance is done by a competent company?
    Nothing beats this.

    Isama na sa emergency powers ni Royal highness Duterte.

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    10,812
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    For me, the long-term solutions are still the following:

    1. De-congest Metro Manila by promoting establishments of businesses in the countryside
    2. Build more roads (which means biting the bullet and buying up/exrpopriating private property) and bridges/underpasses
    3. A more draconian phaseout of old PUBs/PUJs --- meaning 10 years old and older
    4. Increase taxes in registrations of older private vehicles at least 10 years and older
    5. Have a quota system for franchises for all PUBs/PUJs so the number of those plying the roads are controlled. This means revoking those which were granted, if necessary.
    6. Do a 2-line subway system from Pampanga to Batangas
    #1, totally prohibit new manufacturing plants inside metro manila.
    #2, elevated roads. make edsa a 2 or even 3 level road. yung mga taga forbes park and other villages around edsa na ayaw ma-violate daw yung privacy nila e tayuan ng mataas na wall.
    #3, yes. actually may limit ang franchise, 5 years then renewable for 3 years. ewan ko lang bakit nakakalusot yung madami.
    #4, can't do this. against yan sa senior citizens and also the poorer (relatively) car owners who can't afford new cars. pabor lang yan sa car dealers and manufacturers.
    #5, meron na, di lang na-implement. and also may mga cloned car plates na 2 yung bus nila na same plate number.
    #6, better, pag nasa pampanga ka nakatira dun ka mag-work, and vice versa. ang siste kasi yung nasa bulacan sa makati at taguig nagtratrabaho tapos yung nasa muntinlupa sa kalookan nag trabaho. e kung yung nasa taguig sa taguig magtrabaho e di walang trapik!

  9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,481
    #9
    ang naiisip ko naman hover bus. bale ganyan na bus as shown in pic tapos tanggalin mo yun gulong


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    10,812
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    ang naiisip ko naman hover bus. bale ganyan na bus as shown in pic tapos tanggalin mo yun gulong


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    e di teleporter na lang mas mabilis pa.

    gamot mo uminom ka nga!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Suggestion, an idea to solve the MRT train problem and congest EDSA